Esteemed Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart - May 3rd Update

Thank you for the update. I am sorry things are so bad for you, and I am honestly praying you do not get sick. I really think all of you should get hazard pay. 

Respected Contributor

@Tribesters wrote:

@Libra2 

Stay safe!

Do you think the one-way aisles are working? I think I'm the only person that actually follows them. I've gone down aisles where I don't even want anything just so I can enter the next aisle the right way. Then 3 people come at me from the wrong direction. Very frustrating! At first I thought maybe they didn't see the one-way? But it's been 2-3 weeks & they're still going the wrong way. Thank goodness for grocery pick-up! I'm only going inside for emergencies!

Totally understand. Same thing is happening at the store I go too.

Esteemed Contributor

@Libra2  I'm so sorry to read you're still experiencing such harrowing conditions at work! My heart bleeds for all of the affected employees and their families. Because of tireless, dedicated employees like you, people are still able to shop for essentials at reasonable prices-no price gouging.

Please know that everyday you show up for work, exposing yourselves to those people that are unwilling or unable to adhere to CDC guidelines, you are APPRECIATED so much!😷social distance hug🤗

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]
Spoiler

You are a real trooper to show up and work so many hours in a store that has so many customers everyday. I applaud you!

I am wondering why WM doesn't require customers to wear masks?  I know Costco requires customers and staff to wear masks or they are not allowed inside.  Seems that would help. So sorry to hear so many got sick at one WM location.  I went to WM to get a few necessities and felt very vulnerable.I won't be going back inside. Too many people, too close.  No one seemed to be concerned with social distancing...or wearing a mask. I was one of the few wearing a mask.....including the staff....many of them had masks but were wearing them around their necks; I know they are super hot and uncomfortable.....but we all need to wear masks to protect ourselves from each other right now. As far as one-way aisles, I saw nothing marked like that. People were going in every direction.

Esteemed Contributor

@Libra2, I appreciate you and your important role.  I wonder if anyone has spoken to store management about concerns about some customers are not wearing masks?  If so, what was their response?  I feel very sorry for you, and I will pray for you.

Esteemed Contributor

@Libra2   I am a Libra also. I think Libra's are very nice people. (Especially you)!

I haven't been to Wall Mart, only to places that require people to wear masks. And, only three times during the pandemic. I wear a mask and gloves and within 15 minutes my hands are sweating. Then the yard mask is old and disintegrated and Interferes with my hearing aide. 
   I'm telling you this because I don't see how you can work so long with a mask on! The stress has to be terrible for you. Your dedication and concern for customers is admirable!

Bless you and take care, I hope you stay well.

Esteemed Contributor

You are a Trooper   - A++++

Thanks for your updates - Makes us appreciate people like you more  - and perhaps be kinder when we are shopping.

Honored Contributor

@Tribesters Yes I think they work, pretty much. My Safeway put down the arrows about 3 weeks ago. It took a bit of getting used to but seems to be working ok. I shop early in the day when there are few shoppers and now and then either I or someone else catches myself/themself going "the wrong way." We always share a laugh and say "Oops!"

@Libra2 Thanks for checking in, many of us were concerned about you. You should get a medal for all you do. Even tho I'm not a Walmart shopper, I thank you for all your hard work.

Esteemed Contributor

I didn't see the other "Trooper" reference b/c I didn't read all the comments.  Sorry to be a copy-cat - trooper just came to mind first.   LOL

Respected Contributor

Thanks for your service!  Take care