Trusted Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart April 18

@Libra2 Hang in there!  Better times are coming!

Occasional Contributor

First of all , thank you for being there, your loyalty, intergrety,and hard work to keep people happy and at bay . I work in a grocery store and understand when other employees calling out to use the virus . I'm almost 60 and always get stuck working 7 days in row. Just worked 12 days. I know it all will get better , but not the same. Again you are doing a fantastic job . God bless. 

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Kachina624 

I applaud all those who work directly with the public.

It has to be incredibly hard.

I was a volunteer at a historical home which also offered lunch for visitors.  All of the wait staff were volunteers.

It was white-table cloth, lovely china.  Some of the "requests" were incredible, plus the rudeness was

something I wasn't expecting.  I do feel a lot of people feel waiters/waitresses are like servants.

Our older son is working from home and has internet conferencing going on.  He said he sometimes  uses only audio so people can't see his facial expressions.  I had to laugh.  He is a really upbeat person, but these have become very challenging times.

I especially applaud @Libra2 for dealing with the public during this pandemic.  Incredible!

Respected Contributor

The mention of Easter candy is making me salivate.  I still haven't gotten to store to purchase.  I did find a bag from Halloween but it's not my favorite.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Libra2 

Thank you for hanging in there and all you are putting up with...STAY SAFE!..  Dont let the IDIOTS get you down....(as for IDIOTS--Ms. 45 Sanitizers Im talking to you)  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

First of all thank you for being there and sticking to the rules of the store.  Honestly I thought the hoarding was over with.  Kudos to your store for having hand sanitizer, I have a little at home.  I never bother to look for it anymore lol  I did find a 12 pack of toilet paper at Walmart today.  thought I was seeing things lol.  I wrote about it on another thread.

Everyone was keeping their distance and a lot of us had masks on.  The Walmart I went to had one set of doors open.  Door on other side of store was locked. Everyone came in and went out the same set of doors. An employee had something that I think he was counting people going in.  Very organized.

I appreciate what you do.  I enjoy reading your updatesSmiley Happy

Please take care of yourself

Honored Contributor

My brother works customer service for a grocery store chain in the midwest. They cannot accept bottle/can returns that don't fit in the machines.  One guy got so mad he urinated in a bottle and poured it into one of the machines.  Now that machine is broken so no one can use it.  It's hard to understand these kind of selfish morons!

Trusted Contributor

@Libra2  Just know that you are Appreciated! Thank you for going to work to make it possible for others! Thank you!! 

F/N/A luvstogarden
Respected Contributor

i cant buy one bottle hand sanitizer because our walmart has not had any for weeeeks!  i used to work in a store and know what it is like to work with the public, not fun at times! best wishes.

Contributor

Stay safe and don't let those rude bad people get to you like that, I know how bad it can get there even before the virus, my son used to work at walmart for years.