Contributor

Hi All, I did work on Easter Day. Our store had so much Easter candy and other Easter items leftover. It was sad to see this, but now the markdowns are in place for 75 and 50% off.

This past Wednesday, it was crazy busy. Lots of customers got their stimulus checks and were spending it on tv's, vacuum cleaners, shampoo carpet cleaners and filling their carts with food. Still waiting for mine.

By now, lots of customers are mostly buying sale clothing, food, shoes, paint, garden supplies, grilling supplies and flowers and food.

So many employees are calling out in all departments, which is making it harder for the rest of us. They are not sick, but taking a leave for 14 days. 

I did have a very rude customer yesterday. She had 45 bottles of hand sanitizer in her cart. I told her she could only keep one and that I have to take the rest, because our store has a limit of one per customer. Boy, did she yell at me! Then told me I'll take them when she is ready. She was hiding them under a cart full of groceries. Meanwhile, I got on my walkie and called that department manager over to wait with me while she rang up her groceries. After I took the hand sanitizers from her cart, I had the manager put them back on her shelf for others to buy only one for each customer. People are starting to get angry out there. I feel bad for them and pray their lives gets better soon.

Stay well everyone and wear your mask when going out.

Honored Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart April 18

@Libra2   Isn't dealing with the public fun?  Keep up the good work!

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Trusted Contributor

@Libra2   People can really be rude.  I have to give you credit.... and a big thank you for doing what you do.  There are others that appreciate you everyday.  Take care and stay well.....

Trusted Contributor

Thank you for your hard and stressful work as an essential.

It is horribly rude of people to be unkind to employees in service when you are just trying to do your job.

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 I really enjoy your updates. Sorry you have to deal with stinkers but good for you for sticking to your guns! Bless you and be well.

Honored Contributor

I'm surprised your Walmart was open on Easter.  Ours was not.

I'm also surprised you even had one bottle of hand sanitizer, let alone 45!😳

Esteemed Contributor

@Libra2   I appreciate you. Thank you. I'm sorry people are mean.

Thank you for the updates.

Honored Contributor

Well on behalf of the people before and after me (whomever they are) I'd like to apologize.

Not all people are like that, just the same idiots that think they're the only important one's in life.

Something like this virus (or anything that possess challenges in life) really brings out the stupids.

I have to say there are a lot of nice people in the world too.  Please don't group all of us who try our best to be respectful of others in the same group as the idiots.

Can I just add as far as Easter candy goes, mine and my grandson's and daughter's is Peeps....the best Easter candy in the world.

Ummm....(my eyes are rolling and my lips are smaking at the thought of that squishy sugar (the only sugar I like) squishing between my teeth as I bite into one.

Come on all you Peepers out there...I know you are out there!  I don't want to upset you other Peepers but I actually saw some Peeps that tasted like pancakes.

Here's the proof!

Marshmallow Peeps Pancake Syrup Chicks 10 Count Trays - 6 / BoxHow sad is that?  They take our amazing Peeps and put this errrr...stuff(?) on them?

It's almost unAmerican...

Valued Contributor

After all this I can’t believe there are still people rude enough to even think about getting 45 hand sanitizers. You are not the only one on the planet.

Thank you for all you’re doing!
Respected Contributor

@Annabellethecat66, if you are also a fan of Mike and Ike's and Hot Tamale's, Just Born (that makes Peep's) is not making them for a time.I saw it on the local news the other day as it's not to far from where I live. And for @Libra2  who works at Walmart, I can tell you that you are doing a good job as are all those at my Walmart and thank goodness for you because I wouldn't last one day with those rude people. You take care of yourself and stay well.