Trusted Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart April 11 Update

@Libra2 - Good info - stay safe.  My dtr. works @ Costco in San Antonio and they have to fill out a short questionaire when they clock in.  She works in the vault so she has little contact with customers thank goodness.  They were all given new name  badges that at the bottom say to keep safe distance of 6 ft. away.They have plexiglass at the checkout and they have to wear masks.  Costco discontinued sending out paper coupons, you have to go online to view them.  They still have lines in the a.m. but by afternoon, things are not too busy.  She is still bombarded with phone calls asking if they have certain items and the new store hours even though they have a recording when you call the store.  Her answer about stock is that things change so quickly and deliveries are so unpredictable, you just have to tke a chance and come into the store.  This a.m. the employees that work early were given breakfast tacos from a  local restaurant and afternnoon workers were given a box lunch from a local deli.  I thought that was very thoughtful of Costco. IMO they care about their employees.  

Esteemed Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@goldensrbest, Thanks so much for your up dates. It's so good of you to take the time. I'm hoping the person who sprayed the Lysol gets charged and put in jail for a few days. What an idiot. As for those leaving used gloves in carts and in the parking lot, etc., take an empty bag with you and put it there and take home and put in your trash. This is certainly bringing out the best in some and he worst in others.

Please don't follow this advice about picking up the mask and gloves. This should be handled as medical waste and put in a designated container. Notify your Manager and they will handle. Please take care of yourself. Thank you for working at Walmart. I worked there for awhile but it was not meant for me.

Honored Contributor

Thank you for the update.  I'm so glad you are being given gloves and masks now.  Take care of yourself.

My sister works in a hospital and they get in trouble if they take a mask to use because their supply is so low.  I gave her a mask and gloves. A friend made a mask for her too.  

Respected Contributor

@elated wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

@goldensrbest, Thanks so much for your up dates. It's so good of you to take the time. I'm hoping the person who sprayed the Lysol gets charged and put in jail for a few days. What an idiot. As for those leaving used gloves in carts and in the parking lot, etc., take an empty bag with you and put it there and take home and put in your trash. This is certainly bringing out the best in some and he worst in others.

Please don't follow this advice about picking up the mask and gloves. This should be handled as medical waste and put in a designated container. Notify your Manager and they will handle. Please take care of yourself. Thank you for working at Walmart. I worked there for awhile but it was not meant for me.

My dear niece at Target is also reporting customers disposing of gloves all over the store, on floors, shopping carts and even on displays. Not sure what these people are thinking. Yes, this should be considered medical waste and disposed of in proper contaminant containers.    Customers if you must go to the store, do not leave your medical waste behind. It creates a medical hazard and could spread the virus !!

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@elated wrote:

@catter70 wrote:

I think she means that the people using the masks/gloves should take THEIR OWN garbage home instead of dumping it in the parking lot.