Contributor

I work at Walmart April 11 Update

Hi Again, they are taking our temperature as we come into work, which started yesterday. And ask a series of questions before we can go in for our shift. Thank goodness my was fine!

We can also get 2 masks and gloves per day, which I always use. If the employees do have a temperature, then they are sent home for 7 days with pay.

Well the customer who sprayed our employee in the eyes with Lysol, has been caught. The police posted her picture on their website and everyone reposted it on Facebook. She was charged and picked up at her house.

Things have calmed down now. Customers are not hoarding toilet paper and cleaning supplies as much.

I can't believe that some people are throwing their used plastic gloves in their shopping carts and in the parking lot. Be careful out there everyone. Please wear your mask and gloves when going out. And thank you all for the support everyone here has giving to retail workers. God Bless and have a safe Easter, for those who celebrate this holiday. Sending prayers to all of you.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I work at Walmart April 11 Update

@Libra2 Good morning. Thank you for your thoughtful and informative post. I just want to say a heartfelt thank you to you and all of the men and women that put themselves at risk everyday. I'm so sorry that you have some people that make your job so difficult, but I pray there are more happy and polite people each day. 

Stay safe and I wish you a very Happy Easter.😊

Trusted Contributor

@Libra2 wrote:

Hi Again, they are taking our temperature as we come into work, which started yesterday. And ask a series of questions before we can go in for our shift. Thank goodness my was fine!

We can also get 2 masks and gloves per day, which I always use. If the employees do have a temperature, then they are sent home for 7 days with pay.

Well the customer who sprayed our employee in the eyes with Lysol, has been caught. The police posted her picture on their website and everyone reposted it on Facebook. She was charged and picked up at her house.

Things have calmed down now. Customers are not hoarding toilet paper and cleaning supplies as much.

I can't believe that some people are throwing their used plastic gloves in their shopping carts and in the parking lot. Be careful out there everyone. Please wear your mask and gloves when going out. And thank you all for the support everyone here has giving to retail workers. God Bless and have a safe Easter, for those who celebrate this holiday. Sending prayers to all of you.

I am glad things seemed to a have calmed down some!!

Prayers to you as well and our entire world!!

HeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor

@Libra2 -

And thank you! for all you do!Heart

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Esteemed Contributor

@Libra2  Thank you for taking the time to think of us and for writing  your post in such a stressful time.  I had been wondering what ever happened to the person that did such a heinous thing.  I am glad that they are taking the precautions at Walmart that they are such as the temperature taking and the offering of gloves and masks.  Many places are not providing these to their employees.  

Be safe and have a wonderful weekend.  

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

So nice of you to let us know,shame on people that leave trash in carts, thank you for doing the work you do.Heart

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Valued Contributor

It's more than trash, it's medical waste. Shame on those selfish people.

@goldensrbest wrote:

So nice of you to let us know,shame on people that leave trash in carts, thank you for doing the work you do.Heart

Honored Contributor

@Jasmine19 wrote:

It's more than trash, it's medical waste. Shame on those selfish people.

@goldensrbest wrote:

Yes.

Respected Contributor

@goldensrbest, Thanks so much for your up dates. It's so good of you to take the time. I'm hoping the person who sprayed the Lysol gets charged and put in jail for a few days. What an idiot. As for those leaving used gloves in carts and in the parking lot, etc., take an empty bag with you and put it there and take home and put in your trash. This is certainly bringing out the best in some and he worst in others.

Honored Contributor

@catter70 wrote:

@goldensrbest, Thanks so much for your up dates. It's so good of you to take the time. I'm hoping the person who sprayed the Lysol gets charged and put in jail for a few days. What an idiot. As for those leaving used gloves in carts and in the parking lot, etc., take an empty bag with you and put it there and take home and put in your trash. This is certainly bringing out the best in some and he worst in others.

I m not the op of this thread.