Respected Contributor

Re: I won't complain about Q shipping fees after my trip to PO today

My issue isn't with the shipping costs, it's the length of time QVC takes to get it shipped out. Other places I shop can get items to me in sonic time!!  NOT 7-10 working days. QVC isn't so special anymore, used to be "worth the wait". Not so now.

"Cats are poetry in motion. Dogs are gibberish in neutral." -Garfield
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Venezia  @homedecor1 

From what I see the $3.50 or $5.50 or even $7.50 charge for most items is reasonable...But I have an issue with what they charge for shipping on handbags---thats why I wont buy them from QVC $12 is a lot to ship them in the same ole QVC cardboard box... Woman Frustrated

I also have a problem with Q's shipping charges when you buy multiples of the same item in different colors and you get charged the same rate even though they are all put in the same box....they should go back to the discount they USED TO OFFER 1/2 shipping on mulitples of the same product, same order, same address!

AND then there's the  "try me fee", the cost to return an item it's PRICEY---add the cost of the return label $6.95 + you lose your original shipping fee $3.50 to $5.50-----thats $11 to just try an item---and with sizing and quality so inconsistent thats a lot when most retailers have free returns if your not satisified....(I know QVC will make an exception if the items is downright defective---but most returns are for sizing or quality it seems which doesnt fall under the "defective" category....)

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@KathyM23 wrote:

I just ordered 2 pair of shoes from one of my shoe catalogs this week. Shipping will be 16.95.  I order from several catalogs and the shipping is much more than QVC.  I sure don't complain about S/H at QVC.  Also my packages arrive quickly once they are out of In Process.

Also people are always complaining about pricing.  Received one of the catalogs I have been buying from for years.  For example, Big shirts $79.95, pants $59.95 plus high shipping. One big shirt was priced at $89.95.   Prices have risen because the market for fabric and manufacturing has risen.  Can't expect QVC or any company to sell without a profit.  So I completly understand QVC's prices going up.

@KathyM23 

QVC's lack of competitiveness is one of the factors impacting apparel sales in the last few quarters....

I can find clothing at Dillards and Macys for a lot less and same fabrication and style for a regular price of $34 to $39...yes these Department stores also offer more expensive items too...but these lower priced brands are just as nice (sometimes better) than QVC brands.....And then they have FABULOUS sales unlike QVC which just knocks $3 to $4 off the QVC price..and calls it a "sale".....

Some of the clothing catalogs are ridiculous in their pricing, as are the home decor cataglogs....probably the cost of the expense of preparing a catalog---the photography and mailing costs are added into the cost of the products too.... 

And then there are other retailers like Steinmart, JCP, Kohls,  TJ Maxx, Marshalls where you can find discounted clothes, good quality at great prices too.....QVC is only competitive at the very high end Department Stores like Nordstroms, or at Boutiques....but it seems a lot of QVC customers dont shop at those types of retailers! 

But to each their own....if people chose to pay the prices at QVC that is your and the choice of other customers to make!  But QVC isnt the only one that offers the convenience of getting products delivered to your door....and quality and value arent always there...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Venezia  @homedecor1 

I also have a problem with Q's shipping charges when you buy multiples of the same item in different colors and you get charged the same rate even though they are all put in the same box....they should go back to the discount they USED TO OFFER 1/2 shipping on mulitples of the same product, same order, same address!

AND then there's the  "try me fee", the cost to return an item it's PRICEY---add the cost of the return label $6.95 + you lose your original shipping fee $3.50 to $5.50-----thats $11 to just try an item---and with sizing and quality so inconsistent thats a lot when most retailers have free returns if your not satisified

@Spurt- Back in the days, when the Q offered 1/2 price shipping on multiples, the base shipping was $5.95 or higher.  So you paid that for the first item and half for all subsequent.  When they reduced the base shipping to $3.50, it essentially gave you the same overall cost for multiple items.

The difference is that, if you only want one of an item, you pay less in shipping.  So for most of us, that's a better deal.

I do agree with your comment about the "trying on" cost.  The hosts should never say that "you have nothing to lose".  Yes, we do.  If we don't do an exchange (where any further S&H is waived), we get dinged for the original and return postage.  I no longer order something, if I'm not completely familiar with the brand.  And, if by some fluke, a clothing item isn't consistent sizing, I return it as defective and state why!

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@Venezia  @homedecor1 

AND then there's the  "try me fee", the cost to return an item it's PRICEY---add the cost of the return label $6.95 + you lose your original shipping fee $3.50 to $5.50-----thats $11 to just try an item---and with sizing and quality so inconsistent thats a lot when most retailers have free returns if your not satisified

@Spurt- Back in the days, when the Q offered 1/2 price shipping on multiples, the base shipping was $5.95 or higher.  So you paid that for the first item and half for all subsequent.  When they reduced the base shipping to $3.50, it essentially gave you the same overall cost for multiple items.

The difference is that, if you only want one of an item, you pay less in shipping.  So for most of us, that's a better deal.

I do agree with your comment about the "trying on" cost.  The hosts should never say that "you have nothing to lose".  Yes, we do.  If we don't do an exchange (where any further S&H is waived), we get dinged for the original and return postage.  I no longer order something, if I'm not completely familiar with the brand.  And, if by some fluke, a clothing item isn't consistent sizing, I return it as defective and state why!

@Venezia 

Their "free" exchange program doesn't always work out if an item in a different size or color isnt available....then you get your usual refund....and the hosts dont seem to mention that fact.... My clothing purchases are rare these days because of inconsistencies on sizing/quality 

Valued Contributor

We all can shop anywhere we want. What really attracts me to the Shopping Channels like Qvc/Hsn..is the visual aspect. I can see the clothing on real people. They are explaining how it fits.They show you the material and explain how it feels on the body. I'm sorry but you are not getting that from a catalogue or a Website...It's basically a ****** shoot. I feel that I might have a better chance knowing whether I would like it for me. Hey this is just me..

Honored Contributor

@homedecor1 

I noticed that a long time ago. So many people complained about the return shipping fees that I figured I would check on the cost of mailing items back on my own but every time I checked it would have cost me significantly more to do it that way.

And I just mailed a small almost weightless package to a relative and it cost quite a bit more than shipping I’ve paid even on the heaviest item I’ve ordered from QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Spurt 

I agree with the "free" exchange fees!  If the exchange size doesn't work ...well you're out $$$ for both ways.

Either way I'm very selective now with products I buy from Q or any other retailer.  Although, I haven't seen many offering free shipping although the stores are closed for the places I shop.

I mailed the kids Easter baskets/gifts and truly I probably would have paid whatever because the kids are truly missing out during this pandemic.  From family time, school, school friends, sports, worry about us (grandparents), Easter and not even thinking those who have been affected by the Covid In their families & the list goes on....

Bringing them some smiles hope🐰🐇😊

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Spurt @homedecor1 - Somewhere on these forums, is information provided by one of the moderators about return costs, if the replacement you want is not available.

You should not be charged the return shipping.  If you are, contact them to get it refunded.

I didn't know this originally and got dinged for the return shipping, but someone else posted about it.  I don't have to exchange very often, but I do make sure now that I don't get that deducted from my refund, if what I want is not available.

ETA:  Here's the statement from the "Returns Policy" page:

If the requested exchange is no longer available, including items on waitlist and advance order, QVC will issue a refund and not deduct the Q Return Label fee.

Honored Contributor

Thank you @Venezia 

I contacted CS when I only received I think $1.00 (or minimal) refund credit on a pair of shoes which were too small exchanged for next size then too big🙄

I was not given original s/h fees ($5.50) or return fee ($6.95) was told only done if defective!  Hmmmm doesn't fit in my eyes is "defective" ... I bought on ez pay so after they deducted fees I'm glad I didn't owe Q more $$$.

Another thing posters say here they get price adjustments.  I bought 3 of H213593 each cost $5.50 to ship.  They went on clearance to $16.59 free shipping vs. what I paid $19.42 and  shipping (2/28) 

CS told me not valid on my purchase🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤷‍♀️

So some have good experience with these issues than others!