Honored Contributor

I won't complain about Q shipping fees after my trip to PO today

I mailed two boxes today to the kids for Easter.

One box was 8x8x7 - 3.35 lbs - $13.25

The other was 11x11x11 (approx) 6.27 lbs - $25.38

Holy crow...neither could "fit" in Priority Flat rate box.  If it wasn't for the kids Easter I would have waited to take them with me when I went home (whenever that is).

$5.50 or $3.50 is a bonus after paying for this today!!! 

Honored Contributor

Re: I won't complain about Q shipping fees after my trip to PO today

I've tried to say that many times to posters who rant about being "ripped off" with the shipping charges at QVC, but they don't listen.

Nothing I've ever tried to ship has fit in those flat rate boxes; they're either not tall enough or just not big enough period.

I think people who say QVC's shipping charges are exorbitant, haven't tried to ship anything lately (and they don't cost in insurance or materials).

Honored Contributor

Postage has become so expensive that I no longer exchange gifts with my family members.  No Christmas gifts for me.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

No complaints from me.  I mailed my sister a box last week.  It was just over 4lbs and was $13.65.  I doubt the contents cost that much.

Respected Contributor

I just ordered 2 pair of shoes from one of my shoe catalogs this week. Shipping will be 16.95.  I order from several catalogs and the shipping is much more than QVC.  I sure don't complain about S/H at QVC.  Also my packages arrive quickly once they are out of In Process.

Also people are always complaining about pricing.  Received one of the catalogs I have been buying from for years.  For example, Big shirts $79.95, pants $59.95 plus high shipping. One big shirt was priced at $89.95.   Prices have risen because the market for fabric and manufacturing has risen.  Can't expect QVC or any company to sell without a profit.  So I completly understand QVC's prices going up.

Honored Contributor

Businesses have contracts with UPS, FedEx, and USPS and get huge discounts.

I was the senior manager of an incoming/outgoing mail dept at a Fortune 500 company for several years.  UPS boxes cost $3.50.  USPS costs about 1/4 of its regular prices.  FedEx was super cheap too.  Since Q's business is mailing out products, it probably gets a better deal from them.

Honored Contributor

The 3.50 / 5.00  shipping fee the Q charges doesn't bother me at all. 

Trusted Contributor

I ship gift boxes monthly to two little girls in my family. The cost to send boxes USPS is sometimes as much as the cost of the items inside. UPS expenses for items sent to the girls seems to be just about double of what it costs for me to send USPS.  If I trust a seller, I sometimes can have items sent directly to my little relatives-- espevially now during this stay- at- home order.  But although QVC shipping sometimes makes me refrain from ordering, I do not routinely complain about the costs.

Honored Contributor

i never had a real problem with their cost of shipping, 

only the speed of shipping and the fact that they don't do any kind of shopping cart to combine shipping costs

and using those 3rd party/Usps combos to deliver 

Respected Contributor

@homedecor1 wrote:

I mailed two boxes today to the kids for Easter.

One box was 8x8x7 - 3.35 lbs - $13.25

The other was 11x11x11 (approx) 6.27 lbs - $25.38

Holy crow...neither could "fit" in Priority Flat rate box.  If it wasn't for the kids Easter I would have waited to take them with me when I went home (whenever that is).

$5.50 or $3.50 is a bonus after paying for this today!!! 

My family and I used to send boxes to each other for gifts and just because all the time.  I don't do it anymore but occassionally my Mom does (in order to send something to my daughter).  My husband sells things on Ebay and it's ridiculous how much it costs.