Highlighted
Contributor

Re: I will miss Carolyn Gracie

For “Ellaphant” - When I lost someone I cared about and asked a friend when will the sadness end, he told me that “it will end when it ends”.  Some of us really liked Carolyn and she was such a part of our lives on QVC and it takes time to adapt to having lost someone we enjoyed in our lives.  I regard the people commenting on this blog as people who really connected with Carolyn and are feeling a personal loss.  If that is not you, “Ellaphant”, perhaps you should check in with who You care about and leave the rest of us to share our feelings.

Yesterday I tuned in briefly to Denim & Co and couldn’t take the shrill voice and went out and mowed the weeds.  It seemed appropriate.  Later in the day, I tuned in to Barbara King and Rick just couldn’t do Carolyn when it came to the beautiful flowers Barbara brought, but then, maybe it was my sadness that had me feeling that way.  And then I watched Alberti’s live stream this morning and he mentioned there was going to be a pet special in a couple of weeks.  How does QVC do that without Carolyn?  QVC is  one clueless company.

The stock price on the day they let Carolyn go was $1.62 (can you imagine?) and today it is at $1.34.  One year ago it was $5 a share!  The writing is on the wall.  I’ve re-examined my auto-delivery plans a couple of times already and am whittling away at what I had planned to come to my home.  I’ve been loyal to QVC for over 30 years and their lack of loyalty to Carolyn doesn’t sit well with me.  I told them, using the QVC Feedback link, that loyalty goes both ways.

I look forward to hearing what Carolyn chooses to do next.  I would like to see her create a website as I don’t do Facebook and don’t want to lose touch.  I’m pretty sure Carolyn is going to do fine as her talent and resilience are two of the reasons we love her.  

Respected Contributor

@KarenK wrote:

For “Ellaphant” - When I lost someone I cared about and asked a friend when will the sadness end, he told me that “it will end when it ends”.  Some of us really liked Carolyn and she was such a part of our lives on QVC and it takes time to adapt to having lost someone we enjoyed in our lives.  I regard the people commenting on this blog as people who really connected with Carolyn and are feeling a personal loss.  If that is not you, “Ellaphant”, perhaps you should check in with who You care about and leave the rest of us to share our feelings.

Yesterday I tuned in briefly to Denim & Co and couldn’t take the shrill voice and went out and mowed the weeds.  It seemed appropriate.  Later in the day, I tuned in to Barbara King and Rick just couldn’t do Carolyn when it came to the beautiful flowers Barbara brought, but then, maybe it was my sadness that had me feeling that way.  And then I watched Alberti’s live stream this morning and he mentioned there was going to be a pet special in a couple of weeks.  How does QVC do that without Carolyn?  QVC is  one clueless company.

The stock price on the day they let Carolyn go was $1.62 (can you imagine?) and today it is at $1.34.  One year ago it was $5 a share!  The writing is on the wall.  I’ve re-examined my auto-delivery plans a couple of times already and am whittling away at what I had planned to come to my home.  I’ve been loyal to QVC for over 30 years and their lack of loyalty to Carolyn doesn’t sit well with me.  I told them, using the QVC Feedback link, that loyalty goes both ways.

I look forward to hearing what Carolyn chooses to do next.  I would like to see her create a website as I don’t do Facebook and don’t want to lose touch.  I’m pretty sure Carolyn is going to do fine as her talent and resilience are two of the reasons we love her.  

Good grief! 

Trusted Contributor

@ellaphant  I agree!  Enough already.   Pretty sure they aren't going to bring her back and it's a bet that she wouldn't accept anyway.     I'll never understand those that get so attached to a stranger.   '

Esteemed Contributor

@Junebug54 @ellaphant   count me in.  Get over it please.   Enough has been said about this 

Respected Contributor

Plenty has been said, however, I understand certain viewers of her shows want to say something.  No harm done and so what if they do... Cat Happy

Super Contributor

I read that Qurate released 400 employees along with Carolyn and Dan.The commpany may have over-extended its resources.

Regular Contributor

The title of the thread is quite clear. Why view it not merely disagree, but only to antagonize others? I don't understand.

It reminds me of a decades-old message board for Dancing with the Stars. Every week, viewers would post to discuss the performances. Week after week, one poster would call the show "Dancing With the D-list" and mock all people who post.

If you have nothing to add to a thread, and the ONLY critique you have is for other posters, why waste your time? Disagree with an opinion, but you don't mock the person for having that opinion.
Trusted Contributor

@Qvcmeow wrote:
The title of the thread is quite clear. Why view it not merely disagree, but only to antagonize others? I don't understand.

It reminds me of a decades-old message board for Dancing with the Stars. Every week, viewers would post to discuss the performances. Week after week, one poster would call the show "Dancing With the D-list" and mock all people who post.

If you have nothing to add to a thread, and the ONLY critique you have is for other posters, why waste your time? Disagree with an opinion, but you don't mock the person for having that opinion.

+++++

I also don't understand posters who know by the title of the thread what it is about and that it is something they think is dumb and stupid and that people need to stop talking about the subject, yet they still read it and post on it.

I have yet to see an explanation as to why they just don't ignore and skip over the threads that they think should not be written in the first place.  But they continue to read and post on them, thus keeping them going.  

If they are tired of the subject, why not just go somewhere else?

New Contributor

No one can replace Carolyn on Denim and co,there will never be another Garolyn show! Also always enjoyed her Garden party!!!  Also Dan will be greatly missed, such a gentleman! I don"t know what kind of a change of management went on to make these choices, but they were not made in the best interest of the channel, you are going to lose alot of viewers....and alot of money......Very upset and disapponted!

Like other companies who are catering to youth today, qvc is practicing ageism to attempt to profit off of youngsters who are probably paying their q cards with mama’s credit cards. Carolyn should have been kept-she was informative and had one of the clearest presentation styles. I am not a d&company fan but enjoyed her garden and other presentations. Qvc new hosts suck! I am not watching it much at all anymore. Im a Courtney, Shawn, & Leah fan. Im sure once they start aging they will axe them too. Qvc wake up to your once loyal base of women who enjoy mature hosts. Alberti seems fake and the new guy with David is annoying…