Trusted Contributor

Re: I will miss Carolyn Gracie

The two hosts who were pet people and brought in vendors and products for your furry family members.   They even encouraged vendors to direct their products to pet parents.  They will be sorely missed and pet parents will look elsewhere for their needs and preferences.     

Occasional Contributor

I read the news about QVC letting people go too.  I didn't know exactly, but I know I read 400 people.  It is unfortunate.  This is the way businesses have to stave off going off the deep end, by restructuring and trimming the fat.

I don't tune in as much for stuff, but I don't care who the host is.  I just like to get the details and maybe check the site to see if I will purchase.  The hosts don't hold any sway with whether I buy something or not.

Occasional Contributor

Am heartsick that Carolyn is no longer with the Q! She's been the reason I started buying D & Co and kept with the line. I couldnt watch yesterdays show! Seriously will have to consider any future purchases in the line very carefully.

If the Q EVER ditches Quacker Factory that will the final straw!
Super Contributor

Carolyn embodied everything that was GOOD about QVC… Faith, family, decency.  
We'll miss her because all of the above is being taken away.

Respected Contributor

Oh come on! When does this end??? 

Respected Contributor

LOL!  That post, thus far, takes the proverbial Junior's Cheesecake.

Unbelievable. 

Respected Contributor

@Gkhm wrote:

Carolyn embodied everything that was GOOD about QVC… Faith, family, decency.  
We'll miss her because all of the above is being taken away.

Carolyn did not deserve this. She must be heartbroken.

Trusted Contributor

@fingerlakesny wrote:

I will miss both Carolyn and Dan. It might be a blessing in disguise though. Dan has had a couple of heart attacks in the past few years and Carolyn with breast cancer. I believe they are both 60ish. For the past couple of months, I thought Carolyn has looked very tired and just plain worn out. Hopefully they can both step back for awhile and then continue on. When one door closes, another one opens! I wish them both the best. QVC has gone a little cracra to me. I am 70 and I don't care for the antics of some of the hosts. Good for me though because I am not watching nearly as much as I used to and so not spending the money.

Of course you never know but  I doubt Carolyn's was cancer related-her case was very contained and no chemo or radiation needed. She did her double mastectomy and reconstructive as precaution for future. Mine has turned metastatic, I wish I could have been in her boat ( I don't mean to take make little of her situation, Cancer is cancer. She has had parents to take care of down south hasn't she? That would sure wear out. I will miss her too, it's sad. I hope she got a good package. Dan seemed to be skating for a while too into home/retirement plate. Wish him the very best also.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Perhaps 398 others, coworkers, didn't "deserve" this also.

Each one of them has a story too.

The distress and angst as to 2 hosts is really over the top (in my opinion.)

Esteemed Contributor

Geez. Thousands of people have lost their jobs. I lived though three job eliminations in my time at my former company, each 1,000 jobs. Many don’t get a lucrative package as Dan & Carolyn did.

They didn’t die! They were of retirement age or long term & would suffer the least impact. Should they have fired a single mom with a child to support? Or someone who is a caretaker? Or serious health condition?

This is the reality of business & QVC is a business & it’s nothing personal. Before a termination, each job is analyzed for redundancy, individual productivity etc. Many hosts are beaten up on this board but, most likely, they add more to the bottom line and are probably very “good employees” in terms of projects & other factors viewers don’t see. We only see on-air persona.

Btw My job was eliminated after 30 years of employment & I was 69. Best day of my life when I got that news; most older employees in the corporate world wish & wait for a package rather than just retire. When Lord & Taylor shut its doors, I’m sure my favorite shoe salesperson got $0.

Carolyn & Dan apparently have many interests & contacts. They will find as I did that they have time to explore their interests, spend time with family, travel and work if they wish on their terms.