Super Contributor
I always watched the Denim & Co. Program on Tuesday. Carolyn is the neighbor who always stops to talk when you're out walking. She has a kind heart. I can relate to her because I also have a slew of animals. Yes, she could be overbearing with Gary, but he didn't seem to mind. She is self-confident, with her metallic shoes and posing for the camera. She wasn't the glammed up host. My hair can look like a haystack too! She could be over the top with the squirrels. I found it amusing.The abruptness of her leaving is sad for me. If they offered her a retirement deal and she took it QVC should have given her a proper send-off. QVC has no respect for their viewers and have no respect for them.
Contributor

Re: I will miss Carolyn Gracie

Me too I really thought Carolyn and Leah were the best hosts they had. I also looked forward to Denim and Co on Tuesday mornings.

Trusted Contributor

So will miss Carolyn and Garolyn. I wish she had a proper goodbye from her host friends on the Q . She deserves that at the least. Just Sad. I find myself watching less and less. 

Super Contributor

I will miss both Carolyn and Dan. It might be a blessing in disguise though. Dan has had a couple of heart attacks in the past few years and Carolyn with breast cancer. I believe they are both 60ish. For the past couple of months, I thought Carolyn has looked very tired and just plain worn out. Hopefully they can both step back for awhile and then continue on. When one door closes, another one opens! I wish them both the best. QVC has gone a little cracra to me. I am 70 and I don't care for the antics of some of the hosts. Good for me though because I am not watching nearly as much as I used to and so not spending the money.

Occasional Visitor

I too will miss Carolyn.  Just read this morning that both Carolyn and Dan have "left" QVC.  I was quite surprised and saddened since they were 2 of my and many others favorites.  They both were great hosts, entertaining without being "over the top" and explained things the way they needed to be explained.  I was watching a show this morning with a host I had never seen before and I was saying to myself, "What the heck were they thinking!"  I hope the presenters don't keep trending this way as I am not sure I could stand to watch a whole show presentation with what I've seen.  I have been a loyal QVC member for years and am just saddened by current events.

Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am wishing Carolyn only the best. As a viewer and shopper, I appreciate all the years she shared her career with us. I wish her health and privacy during this transition. I hope we see her pop up again and even better things come out of this for her, but I will miss her so much on QVC. 

Of course, I am just very sad because it was like an old friend in my home. The comfort and trust and enjoyment of her personality made me want to tune in. I watched and shopped. I am very sad, and truthfully shocked at both the abruptness and the choice of host.

Carolyn was such an inspiration to me with her presentation skills, down to earth nature, gardening and pet features. I am a fellow pet Mom. I was really enjoying the Pet Picks streaming too.

It will defintely change my connection and enthusiasm for QVC. What I appreciated about QVC was that I could get everything there. I also like to watch the presentations for home products. But I am also becomming more picky with where I spend my money ethically.  In fact the last 48 hours I have had zero enthusiasm for buying here.

I realize that what I loved about QVC -- the connection with the personal shopping and presentations -- is less and less, and that it is probably the end of an era.

Truth is, there is no room to be unkind to other hosts simply because I am confused about Carolyn being removed. It is fair that different hosts appeal to different customers that watch -- but if you notice, most hosts aside from maybe 4-5 are all starting to be the same, so many of us will be left out to some extent.

I am just still having trouble believing that a shopping set up such as home shopping would support the abrupt departure of 2 hosts when host and customer are too make this connection. Isn't that what sets home shopping apart from the others? I even enjoy the vendors. 

For reference, I am a shopper in my early 40s. 

I am so disappointed that Carolyn Gracie has been let go.  What are they thinking?  Jill Bauer used to be my favorite host as she explained everything so well, but Carolyn even surpassed her.  So personable, so knowledgeable on all products, and just a lovely person.  The article I read today said QVC 4th quarter sales warranted letting a large number of employees go.  Having been a QVC shopper for over 30 years I will be adding to their drop in sales due to this horrible decision.  What a shame. I'm done with QVC.

Frequent Contributor

I just heard about carolyn Gracie,this is really sad ,I will miss watching her on denim and co!!! QVC has gone down hill !!!  

I agree. QVC treated Carolyn with no respect. I feel sorry for Gary Grobin too. I watched the show this morning and it was pathetic. No respect for older hosts. Hosts that are larger than an extra small ..not a family I want to be part of.
New Contributor

I'm watching today with the sound on mute. With Carolyn gone, they took all of the fun out of the D&Co show.