Valued Contributor

Re: I used to love watching Christmas shows here,

VPH's early morning show with Sandra Bennett just drug on and on...So boring.  I guess hopefully we will see new items in the actual Christmas in JULY shows...This all appears to be stuff they want to get rid of at last year's prices - perhaps got caught up in the supply chain mess and they didn't get all their inventory in on time...but I too am very disappointed.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@just wonder wrote:

VPH's early morning show with Sandra Bennett just drug on and on...So boring.  I guess hopefully we will see new items in the actual Christmas in JULY shows...This all appears to be stuff they want to get rid of at last year's prices - perhaps got caught up in the supply chain mess and they didn't get all their inventory in on time...but I too am very disappointed.

---------------

I agree!!  Many items seemed like repeats - or left overs from other years. I just don't see Christmas in blues and pinks!!  And decor like feathery, fluffy, glittery sprays/picks are just not my type of holiday decor.  Hope Rick's show this afternoon has better offerings!

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Watching the Lindt presentation now - the insides of the truffles are not melting or liquid - they're very solid.  I've had the milk chocolate ones so I know what they're supposed to be like.  And they describe them as melting and liquid.  

Trusted Contributor

I love CIJ, but I wasn't tempted by anything at all this weekend (luckily!).

Maybe they will have some better offerings once we actually get into July, but I'm not betting on it.  Either way, it's fun for me to watch and take my mind off of some of the more serious things going on in the world right now.  I usually buy one or two items during CIJ, but I really don't need anything, which is fine with me.

Esteemed Contributor

You should know that the "melting and liquid" description of the truffles pertains to what occurs after one puts them in one's mouth, where the temperature is higher.

Of course the centers are solid until exposed to warmth.

Good Grief.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Johnnyeager wrote:

You should know that the "melting and liquid" description of the truffles pertains to what occurs after one puts them in one's mouth, where the temperature is higher.

Of course the centers are solid until exposed to warmth.

Good Grief.

Wow - I'll say Good Grief!  Why so nasty?

I've eaten the truffles and as soon as you take a bite the inside is very liquid.