Trusted Contributor

I used to love watching Christmas shows here,

[ Edited ]

But so far it looks like old, cheap products. They haven't shown anything i am even interested in. And so many food shows ! I wasn't a great fan of LR, but she had the best christmas shows, and was always dressed nice. So far it looks like host"s wearing pajamas again,  and nothing new and exciting. Even Valerie par hill's products have gone down hill. Well time to move on i guess, more netflix and hulu . 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I used to love watching Christmas shows here,

I think Scott Living has a lot of nice items. I was pleasantly surprised.

Respected Contributor

Just ordered the Lindt chocolate collection for DH.  He LOVES those little truffles.  It will be a great surprise when they arrive this holiday season.  Thinking about buying more as gifts. Fantastic price!!

Valued Contributor

@dogsx3 wrote:

But so far it looks like old, cheap products. They haven't shown anything i am even interested in. And so many food shows ! I wasn't a great fan of LR, but she had the best christmas shows, and was always dressed nice. So far it looks like host"s wearing pajamas again,  and nothing new and exciting. Even Valerie par hill's products have gone down hill. Well time to move on i guess, more netflix and hulu . 

And flip flops

Honored Contributor

Christmas and Hanukkah are often about the same time in Dec. I ever see gift bags, religious items or decor.

Growing up in the 50's in the South, I'm used to being in the minority, but it wouldn't hurt in 2022 to be more inclusive and at least do ONE Hanukkah show or a few items.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

Christmas and Hanukkah are often about the same time in Dec. I ever see gift bags, religious items or decor.

Growing up in the 50's in the South, I'm used to being in the minority, but it wouldn't hurt in 2022 to be more inclusive and at least do ONE Hanukkah show or a few items.

@Shanus 

Oddly, years ago, they used to have several Hanukkah shows during the season.

I also find it strange that during a time of "inclusiveness", QVC no longer seems to include Hanukkah in its holiday presentations.

Honored Contributor

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus   last year, QVC had several Hanukkah items in videos they produced exclusively for their streaming channel. I watch QVC/HSN strictly via Roku so I stream everything. There were even some entire videos for strictly Hanukkah items.  They also had some items in QVC 2 shows.

They promoted their own brand, Hanukklah Home, for most of the items they showed.

QVC produces literally hundreds of exclusive videos on their streaming channel.  But of course if people don't stream, or get QVC 2, they will never see them unless they search online. 

QVC should include a lot of that content on their main channel for more to see. 

Respected Contributor

Isn't the Lindt candy going to be old by the time it arrives for Christmas?  Not to mention how long it'll take to go through it.  

Respected Contributor

@FranandZoe   The Lindt truffles are advance order items with a choice of shipping dates.  I  ordered them from QVC last year for early November shipping and kept them in a cool, dry place (for me, NEVER the refrigerator) and I finished eating them in late April, as excellent as the day I received them.

What a  QVC customer orders is not going to be shipped at that price now, with the warm/hot weather.

They have a hefty, much higher special shipping charge that they add in the warmer months which started sometime in late April/early May if I recall what I saw on their website this spring. 

I wanted to order their special extra dark truffles and missed avoiding the shipping increase by one day.

Hope this helps.

aroc3435

Washington, DC

Honored Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Shanus wrote:

@Shanus   last year, QVC had several Hanukkah items in videos they produced exclusively for their streaming channel. I watch QVC/HSN strictly via Roku so I stream everything. There were even some entire videos for strictly Hanukkah items.  They also had some items in QVC 2 shows.

They promoted their own brand, Hanukklah Home, for most of the items they showed.

QVC produces literally hundreds of exclusive videos on their streaming channel.  But of course if people don't stream, or get QVC 2, they will never see them unless they search online. 

QVC should include a lot of that content on their main channel for more to see. 

@Caaareful Shopper   Thanks for that info. We do have streaming, but also useWe have Spectrum, too...Q2 only comes in not in HD and everythng is distorted and difficult to watch, repeat shows are a waste of time anyway. Two rooms are aet up w/ equipment to stream, so will ck. programming there.