Honored Contributor

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

In my opinion, it was foolish for Shawn to post about her daughter's recent illness.  If I was in her position, I also would not post photos of my child.

Super Contributor

@Ketra I was certainly including myself in that number. Fifty-one and counting...until that bus Smiley Wink

Trusted Contributor

@ballinmom wrote:

@Ketra I was certainly including myself in that number. Fifty-one and counting...until that bus Smiley Wink

@ballinmom Here’s to no premature dying of any kind! 😉 If QVC doesn’t like our fixed incomes (whatever they may be), we’ll just take them over to Amazon or Macy’s to shop.

At least we know we’ll receive them before we’re dead. 😁

QVC Customer Care

This post has been removed by QVC because it is inappropriate.

Respected Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@ballinmom wrote:

@ballinmom Here’s to no premature dying of any kind! 😉 If QVC doesn’t like our fixed incomes (whatever they may be), we’ll just take them over to Amazon or Macy’s to shop.

At least we know we’ll receive them before we’re dead. 😁

I know one thing, after reading these posts , I am staying away from all busses.  It is storming here so I thought I would stop by and read and I have to say your post made me LOL.   I agree with everyone on all of these posts.  I refuse to have any Q hosts on my facebook page.  It is really annoying when they keep popping up.  I buy a lot more from Amazon, but I am not sure anyone can compare Amazon to QVC.  I am glad to see the posts about the clothing.  I don't watch much only around Christmas.  I had it on the other night and when I saw some of the prices on the clothing, I was shocked.  No way I would pay that.  Remember when QVC started none of us had a computer, we never heard of Amazon and Malls were booming.   Different world today.  They really need to tame the hosts down and even the older ones.  I am sad to see Jill leave.  I watched her when she was first hired and she was so cute and bubbly.  She is a really good host and did her shows really well.  I think Q is trying to grow too fast and it is backfiring. TOO many changes, Too many new faces and the TSV's are endless.  Anyone notice how you can buy a TSV after midnight, and some even in the next few days?? You cannot change your mind with some orders after the first few hours?   Shipping is way too high and slow.  I am not sure they will survive much longer myself.  I guess time will tell.  Way too much food sales also.  One thing is I am not seeing endless hours of shoe shopping with JT.   THat is a plus.  So watch out for those buses people......

Esteemed Contributor

@SahmIam  Excellent comments and all very valid points. Makes one wonder why she is around even more! Curious minds what the answers. 

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

Yes, enough of Oprah and Amal. Thought I was the only one who tired of them years ago.

ETA: Watching out for buses! BEWARE of crazy 60-ish women who run stop signs. Totaled vehicles and fractured backs are not a walk in the park over five months later. 

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

I have to say that I haven't actually sat and watched a QVC show in at least 13 years. Why? Because the only time I truly sat and watched was when I breastfed; especially in those mind-numbing zombie first 6 weeks when I nursing 23 hours a day and healing from a c-section (my youngest just turned 13). Sitting and watching QVC or HSN was calming, no violence and there in those early weeks. 

Oh and when in bed ill; great background noise to sleep to, lol.

Otherwise, I search for an item and then watch the video (if necessary). I say this because the host means nothing to me. In fact, I do my best to tune them out and listen to the vendor instead. 

Regarding KZ: she has been complained about since Day 1. When on with Louis from Linea, she was HORRIBLE. To the point her facebook page was slammed with negative feedback. She cried, she boo hoo'd, "NOBODY UNDERSTANDS HOW HARD IT IS" ******. Then *POOF* it all went away from her facebook page. People ranted here...and it's never stopped.

Yet, she is STILL employed at QVC. In my world, if someone received that much negative feedback, her/his job would no longer exist. Buh-bye! But not KZ.  This tells me that someone or someones up above REALLY like her. REALLY LIKE HER. Wonder why? I won't comment on THAT but she's not going anywhere. Nope. Not as long as her buddies hold their power position.

QVC and HSN are same day, same stuff. Boring. Tedious. Old. The deals aren't great that often. I no longer buy JAI because nothing thrills me with his stuff. Issac hasn't had great cashmere items in awhile. Those were the 2 brands I spent my money on. Oh, and Valerie Home. But there's nothing for me as of now. And HSN looks like a freaking Kmart clearance site. Too many other, nicer places to shop for me to spend my money....so I do, lol.

@SahmIam 

I dont understand why she got a contract already (otherwise she wouldn't be listed under Meet The Hosts)....meanwhile hosts hired AFTER she was hired have made it through the hard learning curve....And sometimes her failings seem to be her own doing and lack of preparation...Also some people just aren't cut out for certain jobs, no crime in that.... And all that job hopping in her 10 year career in broadcasting tells me something.....Woman Frustrated

And if someone is going to bat for her....things can change...specially with pressures on Executives from stockholders regarding company performance........

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady @Daysdee   @SahmIam    @wildcatfan 

I had posted in another thread about Antonella going blond, and mentioned QVC's blonde trend in hosts...and had gone to the Meet The Hosts Page...and lo and behold our "fav" host, KZ, has a new photo on the Meet The Hosts page different from when I went to find her Blog to post the link the other day. What's odd is that no one else has a new photo....what's up with that????  JMHO but I liked her old photo better....Her old photo is on her QVC FB Page...nothing on her page mentioned anything about a new photo shoot for the website...... ..no other host's photo was changed, and some have very old photos displayed that need an update...Hmmmm..Maybe QVC is going to use her photo in upcoming promotions...or is she just a "putting herself out there" kinda person????

I've said my piece on her, but I thought this was odd

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Frequent Contributor

@SPURT Carolyn Gracie got her hair cut several weeks ago mentioning that all hosts were going to have new pix done.