Respected Contributor

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

[ Edited ]

Can someone provide the email address to send our thoughts to QVC about whatever we want to tell them.....I have lots to say and would like to know the address where we send our comments. There is much said in these forums and lots of it needs to be directed to those decision makers.

Respected Contributor

What @Foxxee said!  Exactly!

I've quit watching QVC and all their channels for those same reasons:  poor quality, defective products, lousy return policies.  It's a waste of my money to order from QVC.

We don't stop laughing because we grow old -- We grow old because we stop laughing.
Super Contributor

[ Edited ]

i think that there are a variety of reasons why on air sales are down, and some hosts are definitely contributing to it. someone needs to get some hosts to realize that it's not about them. point, blank period. it's about the product and what the vendor/rep has to say about the product. if they want to be the star of the show, they should get their own talk show.

i don't know for sure, but i would not be surprised that one reason why the newer people are on during the day and evening hours is to let them get use to the real qvc world. it could also be a way to see if they can get numbers anywhere near what the good hosts do and if not, bye, bye.

i've seen the game played in corporate on a regular basis - give people you really want to get rid of without having to buy out their contract, a project that you know they can't handle and use that as a way to get rid of them . . . without being sued.

additionally, like others have said, products are repeated, repeated and repeated again is a problem. i understand that many need to see something 2 or 3 times before they actually purchase, but it seems to have gone a bit too far.

what i haven't seen mentioned in this thread are the producers. part of their responsibility is to help and provide direction to hosts on what is working and what isn't. they allow hosts to keep going on and on and on about them, instead of providing more information besides the color and size or whatever.

the people tasked with finding new products (can't remember the real name, right now) are stuck and complacent. by that i mean, what worked for them 10-15 years ago, isn't going to be nearly as effective today. for one thing, online shoppers are much smarter now. they have to leave pa, to find products. ok, they could cheat a little and look on amazon, but that will only take them so far.

i use to be amazed that there are products categories that they don't offer.

playing to what they "think" the majority of viewers want to see and buy isn't working.

i have drastically reduced the amount of time that i actually watch, actually more listen then watch, to about 30 minutes a week or less. i remember a time not so long ago, when i would at least "listen" a few hours a day.

i also think that there are a lot of customers that order 1 or 2 times and they don't buy any more.

at the end of the day, it is what it is. fortunately, there are tons of other channels to watch and things to do. i don't mean that in a sarcastic way. i just think that we all have other things to do and shouldn't be so concerned with what a company sells or doesn't sell, especially a company that we don't own.

Respected Contributor

@BirkiLady : what makes you think it's Jill's choice to leave? I cannot imagine it was entirely her choice, as when LR and Sharon F. left. Not fired, just not renewed or could not come to terms on a new contract.

Odd that both Sharon and Jill gave the same "reason" for leaving? The good old "to spend more time with family" line. Sure, they will spend more time with family, as anyone who is newly out of work! I suppose they must use that line in order to complete their contracts and get whatever severance they were able to negotiate.

Jill has been banished to Q2 and fewer hours during the past year.

Super Contributor

I've never not made a purchase because of a host, but I have made garment purchases because of how the garment fit the host and how she styled it. I DVR fashion shows and FF through until I see something I may like, or get an idea about styling something I already have. Unless its a Q house brand, I usually shop it out, finding a better price or free shipping. I rarely make purchases because of redundant offerings, proliferation of house brands, value (price related to quality), and shipping costs.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I can't help but think there's a  bit of nepotism in keeping this host (KZ) ... nothing to back up this claim, just a tiny  suspicion  as to why she's still here.   

I agree with the poster upthread who mentioned that she apparently rehearses a script in her head and nothing is gonna turn her around from using what ever she planned to say.   

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@SPURT  Perhaps another aspect that is holding sales down is the high volume of brand-names and products owned by QVC. Seems like that is the majority that viewers are offered in the lines of merchandise. Denim and Company is the only line I've ever been slightly interested in purchased from ever. Yet, I've gone over 10 years with making a purchase until 2019. I have purchased jogging pants and a longer denim jacket; both to wear with my back brace. Two items I normally would not have wanted. 

Seems most of the items on the Lunchtime specials are from the QVC-owned lines day-after-day. Doesn't that tell the company the merchandise, designs and quality aren't what the customers expect? Either sell off those lines or change the management ASAP!  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out over the past several years how poorly their performance has done. Most of those lines have been loosers for years; why waste any more time with their "designers"? It's not working. Bring in new lines and fresh products for the customers! 

@BirkiLady 

I think QVC started their own brands to reap more of the profit....

QVC's clothing prices are now uncompetitive, and I'm not talking about comparing them to Walmart, Kohls, TJ Maxx....try good quality brands from Dillards or Macys.....even Dillards has equivalent brands for $30..I bought straight leg jeans at Dillards for $32, comparre that to even D&C prices also add in  shipping.....QVC needs to quit comparing themselves to Boutiques ...BTW what is the percentage of women that actually buy clothes from Boutiques anyway????

And QVC's sizing is so inconsistent as is their quality,Louis is the exception....I bought a beautiful blouse from him, the quality was excellent!!!  And I have bought capris from D&C , but their tops forget it...as go their other brands....And $11 to return something...forget it!  And all QVC clothing lines look alike...it looks like QVC has stopped offering straight hems on t-shirts and tops....I've given up on QVC clothing...except for a RARE purchase... 

I buy Ryka walking sneakers(I hate Sketchers no support!), Jim Shore,  Valerie Parr Hill, Candle Impressions/Mirage, Or Paz jewelry, Carolyn Pollack earrings, maybe a decor piece for my patio,and that's it from QVC these days...

I used to buy kitchen gadgets but no purchases lately, QVC has had nothing new in past couple of years.. I used to buy Tig handbags but no more prices and shipping too high.....I now buy Laura Geller's blush from her website...rest of my beauty products--department or drug stores...

And what's up with this Beauty Event where you buy a ticket to meet the hosts and get some sample products....even with the purchase of a ticket sounds like a big tadoo and expense to attract such a tiny per cent of their customer base??????

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert
Valued Contributor

Just my own take on it: Prices for polyester tops are in the $60.00 range now, which can deflate buyers. The designers talk non-stop and it becomes about the host/designer's relationship rather than the products. The quality has declined. Also, once they merged with HSN, the criss-cross of products is over-saturation of the same products. There is little creativity, and the in and out designers bring in styles that are expensive and look like I Dream of Genie (Lisa Rinna). Gone are the days when the amazing lines like Dialogue are featured, for good prices. Now everything is a poly mix, imported and more expensive than brick and mortar stores. So.........you know. 

Valued Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

@BirkiLady : what makes you think it's Jill's choice to leave? I cannot imagine it was entirely her choice, as when LR and Sharon F. left. Not fired, just not renewed or could not come to terms on a new contract.

Odd that both Sharon and Jill gave the same "reason" for leaving? The good old "to spend more time with family" line. Sure, they will spend more time with family, as anyone who is newly out of work! I suppose they must use that line in order to complete their contracts and get whatever severance they were able to negotiate.

Jill has been banished to Q2 and fewer hours during the past year.

Everyone says that when they get the ax (or quit). Even politicians say they want to spend more time with family. No one is going to really disclose what happened.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@ballinmom wrote:

I've never not made a purchase because of a host, but I have made garment purchases because of how the garment fit the host and how she styled it. I DVR fashion shows and FF through until I see something I may like, or get an idea about styling something I already have. Unless its a Q house brand, I usually shop it out, finding a better price or free shipping. I rarely make purchases because of redundant offerings, proliferation of house brands, value (price related to quality), and shipping costs.

@ballinmom 

I agree, I don't purchase an item because of a host, but .....

if I am interested in the merchandise and thinking about a possible purchase and tune to get more info on the product and for clothing I do want to see an item a real person (the website has limited info, mostly sales fluff, and measurements might be missing or inaccurrate on the website), but a hosts that's unwatchable or annoying will kill the deal...I'll stop watching and there's no sale for QVC...thats how hosts come into play for me....I dont DVR shows because an item might be sold out in color or my size...BUT DVRing a show would give some style ideas then allow for comparison shopping with other retailers

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert