Esteemed Contributor

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

@SPURT  I've sent many emails to QVC. Hope you (and other posters) do as well. They have let the wrong host go IMHO. We have to speak up for the guests and ourselves.

Honored Contributor

I just turned on HSN for a minute.......and some of the host's comments were  "oy yoy yoy",  "ay yi yi", and "yikes".   It was Shannon Smith on with Adrienne..............

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

@SPURT  I've sent many emails to QVC. Hope you (and other posters) do as well. They have let the wrong host go IMHO. We have to speak up for the guests and ourselves.

@BirkiLady 

Jim Shore isn't on very often, and so many of us look forward to his shows, so after that fiasco with KZ I did send an email to QVC ...

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Sales are down from me, because QVC has priced themselves out of my budget. I can't afford $65-75. for a top. I almost have my easy pays paid off. I won't be purchasing anything else.

I also can't stand to watch any of the hosts. I probably don't watch a total of 30 minutes per week.

Respected Contributor

KZ is an embarrasment. Jill goes, but KZ stays? Ridiculous and just one of many reasons for the decline of QVC.

Honored Contributor

@Halo117 wrote:

Well for me, once I get a product home, sometimes I think that it was misrepresented. Amy Morrison on HSN does this a lot. She over exaggerates and I get the item home and it is nothing like described. I find that sometimes with the Q too. So I don't trust many of the hosts. The hosts I trust the most are Jane (the Jane that hosts with Pat), Colleen, Pat, Carolyn, Dan H. Marybeth, Guy Y, Suzanne R, Jane T. to a point, 

The other thing that I notice is the hosts don't describe the items like they used to. I hear about 10 minutes, it seems, of excited jiber jabish on the TSV but never really see the features, of the garment described. It is difficult to buy a product just from a picture on TV with no good description. 

Repetitive products, beds, vacuums.etc. No nice lamps or rugs anymore. Not many unique products. Louis D. is the most talented designer on the Q and we don't see much of him. We see lot's of "celebrity designers" who are not really designers. 

@Halo117 

Great analysis....

It seems that so many of the hosts just yell out some sales gimmick and go over colors over and over and that's all the product information we get, and info on the website is very limited too so you cant rely on that.....

Stale and repetitive describes QVC these days

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Tx Starlight wrote:

Sales are down from me, because QVC has priced themselves out of my budget. I can't afford $65-75. for a top. I almost have my easy pays paid off. I won't be purchasing anything else.

I also can't stand to watch any of the hosts. I probably don't watch a total of 30 minutes per week.

@Tx Starlight 

There are a few good hosts.......

Now I totally agree with you about the clothing prices and then there's QVC returns---$11 to return something is a bit much too....($6.95 return label +  5.00 original shipping you lose)

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@queendiva  Jill is leaving on her own. That's a huge difference and one which we all make throughout our working lives. She has not been forced out like another recent host was, who was much more professional IMO. It was a huge surprise to most posters on these Forums, as well as the host. 

ETA: You cannot compare Jill's departure to Kristine Zell staying. You need to be reasonable and compare apples to apples. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SPURT  So did I. Asked QVC to never pair KZ with Jim Shore again! He deserved much better. Guess I should have said, "Don't pair her with anyone new or not a QVC regular vendor . . ."  Couldn't believe she was paired with a new vendor for QVC. Granted, Patricia Nash has worked with the HSN hosts . . . but it's an entirely different gig at QVC. They didn't give her the courtesy of a good host; another mess like Louis Dell'Olio, Jim Shore and the quilt program (to name some off the top of my head that I've written to QVC about). 

Esteemed Contributor

@SPURT  Perhaps another aspect that is holding sales down is the high volume of brand-names and products owned by QVC. Seems like that is the majority that viewers are offered in the lines of merchandise. Denim and Company is the only line I've ever been slightly interested in purchased from ever. Yet, I've gone over 10 years with making a purchase until 2019. I have purchased jogging pants and a longer denim jacket; both to wear with my back brace. Two items I normally would not have wanted. 

Seems most of the items on the Lunchtime specials are from the QVC-owned lines day-after-day. Doesn't that tell the company the merchandise, designs and quality aren't what the customers expect? Either sell off those lines or change the management ASAP!  It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure that one out over the past several years how poorly their performance has done. Most of those lines have been loosers for years; why waste any more time with their "designers"? It's not working. Bring in new lines and fresh products for the customers!