Highlighted
Honored Contributor

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@SahmIam @SPURT 

Alas, KZ continues with a hosting position by default; certainly not by ambition or earning it. Only due to Jill Bauer and Mary Nelson deciding to leave the host positions, as well as the unfortunate loss of Kathy P.   KP was an excellent host, but may have thought for herself rather than play the political games. All three ladies left with their dignity, intelligence and integrity intact and their priorities in the correct place.   

@BirkiLady 

Her last job was Co-host weekday morning show from 4:30-9 a.m. The show focused on local content in a mostly conversation/ad-lib format. YET she doesn't have a natural conversation with the vendors.....and her presentations are all very scripted and seemed rehearsed ...Contrary to what QVC expects from their hosts In a recent interview with the Philadelphia Inquirer  May 28, 2019 Mike George said, "On screen, QVC hosts talk to their audience, unscripted and live, explaining why they like certain cookware, shoes, or apparel, and pointing out details, such as an interesting pattern.." but her skill set doesnt fit the host job.....

And she's been with QVC almost 3 yrs, and I didnt like the home show she did with Alberti....Alberti was talking to the vendors, and she interrupted them with comments....it was awkward and again seemed scripted....I wanted to hear from the vendor.....

She appears to be staying, while other hosts leave, but if sales continue to decline....then QVC will be taking a closer look at things....And Leslie Ferraro is the new Exec in charge of QXH.....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

These hosts making these big salaries will skate as long as they can, whether it's 25 years or 3 years. IMO JB was not willing to do what it takes to stay on top at the Q anymore and MN saw the handwriting on the wall. The least they could do for their loyal fans is to be honest, especially Jill after all these years. I think the mistake customers make is believing all the nonsense these hosts spew about the products and their personal lives. I try not to buy anything from the TV sales until I see the details online and reviews. KZ is no different than any other host working at the Q these days.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

@blackhole99  Why would any host "be honest" with viewers? We aren't their friends! They don't owe us any further explanations. What is so difficult to comprehend about leaving for family? Or to move to Omaha, NE? Makes perfect sense to me.

The last thing any employee does, is speak negatively about their past employer. It simply is not done . . . ever. 

I'm convinced both Jill and Mary have been very honest with QVC and viewers. They have their priorities in the right places for their lives! It's a simple change in life. Haven't we all done that? We have several times!

And, frankly, it wasn't anyone's business WHY! But like the hosts, we gave them the simple truth. Chances of ever seeing most of the people again were zero. They have no reason or need to know any more details.  

Highlighted
Occasional Visitor

I disagree with the show hosts interrupting, if you watch, you will see where the guest host or vendor is the one who makes a sales pitch that borders on “infomercial”. They interrupt and talk over the show host and are very rude. I sometimes wonder why they even have a show host. I have been with both HSN and QVC from their first days and now I just watch selective shows and will turn it off once the vendor starts their sales pitch. It is obvious they get paid based on sales. Some of the new younger hosts speak almost unnatural, “valley girl” type. Perhaps they appeal to younger viewers but certainly not to me or my friends. I have 2 granddaughters in their late teens, I assure you, they do not watch shopping on tv. Perhaps the powers that be should remember Business 101 which was to always know your customer. The show hosts are too dramatic, especially when tasting foods the vendors are selling and they are constantly saying they use the product, for example “these are the only shoes I wear and 2 days later, they say the same thing about another brand. Will I stop watching? No, but once these annoying things begin, I change the channel!
Highlighted
Frequent Contributor

KZ should have done her homework on this epic designer.....Patricia Nash has been designing handbags for other brands her entire career spanning over 20 years. During that time, she honed her expertise designing accessories for a wide range of global brands from Disney and Warner Bros. to Banana Republic, Express, and American Eagle to name a few.   I can see why she was irritated.  I love her designs!  I got my beautiful bag at Khols on a good sale...super price!

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

Spurt, completely agree with your host assessment.  Recently QVC has and continues to make IMO very very poor show host assignments to time slots, as well as who to keep and who to let go.  Don't know if someone influential promotes some of the less prepared show hosts, or what, but I have been watching the Q for well over 20 years and right now some of the somewhat newer show hosts sure don't seem to have embraced this job, so promote the good ones!!!   I am a sports fan, and this almost seems like when a professional sports team drafts or trades for a player, spends a lot of money on them, and then they don't produce, but rather than admit the made a mistake in highly drafting or trading for this player, they continue to play them, even tho they aren't worth it.  Sometimes it is better to admit a hire was not a good hire, especially after 2-3 years of not getting any better, and MOVE ON with your producting folks who do their homework and deserve the prime air time!!!

Highlighted
Respected Contributor

I still order online but almost never watch the Q anymore because I don't care for the hosts. Too loud for my taste.

Highlighted
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Oh my gosh So true!   "FriYay" is my least favorite promotion.  Last night JT was on with Susan Graver (another motor mouth) and I was tempted to watch to see if either of them could out talk the other. 

Frankly QVC is doing me a favor because I like to see things presented before I buy and if I can't stand watching I don't buy so much.

@Daysdee wrote:

I totally agree about KZ--seems she is never prepared and interrupts the vendors a lot, etc.  I usually change the channel.     Another reason  or reasons sales are down is too much silliness from the hosts.  Jane T. an experienced host acts like a "kid" shouting about "FriYay", etc.    The other reasons I'll mention are high cost of shipping and items in "process" for 5 or 6 days and taking forever to get to our homes.   I don't know how Amazon does it, but now getting items the next day even if I order in the afternoon.  QVC needs a lot of improvement.

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

I taped the Jim Shore shows and once I tried to watch probably 5 minutes with KZ, I deleted the tape.  Another longtime wonderful QVC vendor who unfortunately for him got paired with KZ-please QVC, give more consideration to your beloved vendors and give them hosts who they deserve, not hosts that do not know how to interact with them nor understand the talent behind their crafts. 

Highlighted
Occasional Contributor

I was really interested to read your very descriptive letter.  I have thought the same thing for  some time now, and thought that  perhaps  it was  just me.  However, I have gotten so disgusted  that I decided to notify QVC.today, and happened on your memo..   I was going to request that, at the very least, QVC keep her on QVC2.   

In ten years of watching, and purchasing, I have never haerd anyone make such inappropriate comments on air. Often it is based on too much information..of an inappropriate subject , or famly experience.. I change the channel to Food Network-LOL

I also appreciated your comment that perhaps there is a different job opportunity at QVC that might fit her attributes better.