Honored Contributor

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

@SPURT wrote:

@sidsmom wrote:

“I understand why sales are down....”

Unless you’re one of the ‘suits’ of this corporation making projected decisions, we don’t have a clue why the things are they way they are.

There’s a saying...’defense wins championships’...meaning, the lesser known, less ‘flashy’ part of the team is the most important.  Just like business...bringing IN money is important but KEEPING IT is more important.  So if it means saving the same amount of money by directing energy to an on-air issue or fixing a back office issue...back office will win every time. That’s the foundation of the company which will have lasting effects. 

And...at the end of the day, if the Shareholders are happy,

it doesn’t matter what we think about the hosts. 

@sidsmom 

Your welcome to write your own thread and talk about how wonderful QVC is, how wonderful all the hosts are, how great the prices are..and cheer, cheer, cheer for them ...

”..cheer, cheer, cheer for them...”?

B7A599D9-20DC-4EDB-9352-17E891E05EC9.jpeg

Highlighted
Valued Contributor

From from 2004 to 2019 I have ordered four items from QVC. I do watch some jewelry shows, I do not have a favorite host. I  have ordered both handbags and jewelry from both QVC and HSN.I find I get better deals from B/M stores.I have in the last month discover Etsy vintage jewelry.With their sellers you are able to communicate if you have questions and they respond within 5 to ten minutes.

Both shopping channel have a lot of hype,and little detail when it comes to jewelry. They spend so much time telling you what to wear it with, how to wear it and what colors that they like.

I never purchase Electronics, clothing,shoes, appliances, etc and easy pay it's not a deal-breaker for me.

Both shopping channels,seem to be more focus on the hosts than the items they are selling.I am from the school of Jack Webb,just the facts please.

The best thing about QVC is the ladies/ Men on this blog.While sometimes the comments can get off center, the blogs are informative and entertaining.

QVC seems to be listening when it comes to shipping. Will this Improvement improve in sales? No, times have changed, consumers are expecting a lot more, and they have a lot more choices on where to spend their money. As for me, I will purchase by as much as I have purchased in the last couple of years, very little.

Occasional Contributor

I know why the sales are down also. I totally agree that the prices on clothing are getting extremely too high for the average person to purchase. Blouses at $60 and over or pants and jeans hitting the 80 and 100 dollar mark is rediculous.

Susan Graver clothes are rising too high in prices also and I would not pay 60-80 dollars for cheap looking clothes from LOGO. I am sorry Lori but it is the truth and layering in the South is definetly a non-starter. In general I am speaking about the fashions as I do not order anything else from QVC.

I am so disappointed with the Q because I have been a viewer for many many years and now at 77 years of age they have very little to offer me in the way of fashion.

Respected Contributor

I'll agree the sales person might have some influence on sales, but the products presented need to overcome that.  I don't have to watch to buy anyway.  Well, unless it's a complicated product that needs explanation to sell it.  I don't know who you are talking about, but there is no way I would let someone keep me from buying what I really want.  It is rare I ever see anything on the shopping channels I want to buy.  I can almost always do better elsewhere.

Honored Contributor

@MomCat wrote:

I'll agree the sales person might have some influence on sales, but the products presented need to overcome that.  I don't have to watch to buy anyway.  Well, unless it's a complicated product that needs explanation to sell it.  I don't know who you are talking about, but there is no way I would let someone keep me from buying what I really want.  It is rare I ever see anything on the shopping channels I want to buy.  I can almost always do better elsewhere.

@MomCat 

I want to know what I am buying.  The website has incomplete information, mostly sales fluff, and lots of missing details...so I want to see the product demonstrated and hear from the Vendor....You dont get refunded your original shipping costs and you have to pay for a return label which means you lose $11 on a return....So I need to watch to learn about the product, but if the hosts keep interrupting the vendor and won't let them talk, and instead the hosts spends time talking about themselves or their families, or is ill prepared, and I dont get to learn about the product, I'll turn the channel and there's no sale for QVC....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

The last few years I do better shopping online from a well-known department store.  I don't need to see someone presenting it on TV and "entertaining" me instead of giving me information I need about the item.  Their website gives me all the information I need.  QVC spends too much time with:  hosts talking about their family or their trips, reviewing of colors over and over,  the greeting of vendors with kisses even if they come on the same show two or three times, asking the models their favorite ice cream or their favorite place to travel (I don't need to know that), telling us to go to FaceBook, etc., repeating the exact words the vendor just used.

Valued Contributor

I haven't read thru all the posts, but I'm sure it's been mentioned there is too much product repetition.  Too much Philosophy, IT, Denim & Co., Josie Maran, Susan Graver, Dooney, etc...Even the food items are all by the same vendors over n over.  You are not saving any money shopping at QVC. 

They can explain the items well enough, but then we can just go get that item elsewhere for free s&h and friends n family sales or coupons, whatever. 

And yes its the personalities of both the vendor and the host.  I never cared for JRT, or that really hyper Rick, David is OK but he's always selling the same stuff over n over.  Some of the newer hosts I don't know as I just don't watch often and I don't buy.  Many times I AM tempted, but I resist and am glad I did.

Flowers are nature's way of laughing
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I think sales are down because or the horrible CS the shipping fee's and how long it takes to get a item. And the products themselves, more and more people are realizing that the products are not worth the extra expense.

Frequent Contributor

I haven't bought anything since they pulled Beauty IQ. Now they don't even have Friday Night Beauty on the main channel. They had a great idea with an all beauty channel, but it was mismanaged with constant repeats of a few top selling brands.  With only 4 hours of live programming through on the week days, it was doomed to fail. People want variety, decent prices and good customer service. The Q has lost sight of almost everything that kept them in business for so many years. 

Contributor

I agree its time to cut  Bob Mackie & Dennis Basso shows.