Occasional Contributor

I understand why sales are down.....

Sales are down in my opinion because the seasoned hosts like Jill, Antonella, Sandra and the young cute guy (his name is unusual and escapes me now) are not seen enough or are on QVC2. Bring them back more more often. The younger ones should me on QVC2 instead and the after midnight shifts and stay there unless one of the seasoned hosts request to change. These younger ones still need to hone up their sales skills.There ia 1 exception for me - Mary Nelson whom I love to listen to and watch.  She is really genuine and should be on QVC1.

Also, I can no longer purchase many Susan Graver clothes due to the high prices, and I cannot afford shoes and bags that are $75 plus.  Even the food specialties are very often out of my range.

Lastly, instead of spending money on a new logo, new graphics, new shipping bags, and QVC mugs, use this money to reduce pricing and more free shipping to start with. I then would very likely watch more QVC again like I did in the past.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

[ Edited ]

Hello @McClain .

I see you posted this identical post on an existing thread started by another poster (SPURT) on 5/12/19, with the same thread title, and in the same forum.

Dont you think this may be confusing to people?

https://community.qvc.com/t5/Q-Talk/I-understand-why-sales-are-down/td-p/5460819/page/3

Respected Contributor

If you are referring to first-quarter sales, they are down every year for first quarter. This is after their busiest season which is fourth-quarter of the previous year which includes all the holidays.

Respected Contributor

Personally, I don't care who the host is selling an item.  If I like it, I buy it.  If not, then I don't.  When you go into a retail store do you not buy something because you don't like the sales person (if you can find one)?

Honored Contributor

@Winkk  I completely agree.  IMO too much emphasis is placed on the host:  blank's fashion closet; at home with blank, etc.  Spend less on the hosts and more on a variety of products that are more affordable.  Anyone who buys an item because of who's hosting is a puzzle to me to say the least.

Valued Contributor

@Winkk I respectfully disagree. I buy items because I like how they look on a host, or I want to recreate a host's outfit in my daily life. Also, the hosts explain items differently. For example, on a TSV day if I need a really good explanation on an item, I'll wait until I see a host I like to present it. Unlike a store with walls, we can't walk in and touch/feel/try-on pieces, we rely on what the host shares with us.

Valued Contributor

If I want something, I order it, too. The issue with the hosts is a lot of us used to keep QVC on as background noise. We would see more and order more. Most of the hosts are so annoying that I don't watch. If you don't watch, you don't buy and sales plummet. That is the issue!
Super Contributor

I totally agree.. Mary Nelson is great.. she reminds me of MaryBeth.. they are both so good.. and yes I cannot afford things like I used to.. I am a senior and tops that run $65.00 and up.. I just cannot do it .. I watch at times.. I keep a wish list and if something goes on sale I may grab it but usually I just cannot afford their prices.. Also I have no clue on who many of the hosts are now..

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

I also cannot imagine keeping the Q  on as "background noise"  ... not at any time in the history of this channel.   

t's never been about entertainment but about interest in the products being presented.   That the host and vendor come across as being pleasant, knowledgeable and sometimes fun (as were Kathy and Joan),  was an added plus.

Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor

I may not buy an item because it's being presented by a particular host, but ... I'm more likely to be watching or not watching certain hosts. Thus it stands to reason I may buy more when those on my like to watch list are on air and nothing when those on the other list are working.  It's rather a shame that the individuality of the host (imo) seems to be stifled by management apparently expecting them to use the same language, behave the same, and the females even seem to be mandated to adapt similar physical appearances (such as the new penchant for blonde highlights and dye jobs).