Honored Contributor

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

[ Edited ]

@Lattelvr wrote:

I am getting tired of the hosts talking about vacations, vacation homes and so busy, busy, busy.  I love Earth brand shoes and purchase them often.  However, this morning's early show really turned me off.  While trying to listen since I was getting ready for work, I had to hear the host say she was going away on vacation with her hubby sans kids to get away.  Wow, what relevance does that have with showing a shoe?  I heard more about her personal situation than the product being sold.  I turned the channel and put the news on. 

@Lattelvr 

That's a big problem with QVC....we hear more about some of the hosts personal lives than about the actual product...the only thing we seem to hear about products is colors...and over and over on the colors.....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

@SPURT wrote:

@Lattelvr wrote:

I am getting tired of the hosts talking about vacations, vacation homes and so busy, busy, busy.  I love Earth brand shoes and purchase them often.  However, this morning's early show really turned me off.  While trying to listen since I was getting ready for work, I had to hear the host say she was going away on vacation with her hubby sans kids to get away.  Wow, what relevance does that have with showing a shoe?  I heard more about her personal situation than the product being sold.  I turned the channel and put the news on. 

@Lattelvr 

That's a big problem with QVC....we hear more about some of the hosts personal lives than about the actual product...the only thing we hear about products is colors....Woman Frustrated

@SPURT I wish QVC would tell the hosts that presentations are not about them. Most customers don’t give a rat’s rear end about their personal lives. We want to hear more details about the products they are presenting which would be a welcome change.

Honored Contributor

@Ketra wrote:

@SPURT wrote:

@Lattelvr wrote:

@Lattelvr 

That's a big problem with QVC....we hear more about some of the hosts personal lives than about the actual product...the only thing we hear about products is colors....Woman Frustrated

@SPURT I wish QVC would tell the hosts that presentations are not about them. Most customers don’t give a rat’s rear end about their personal lives. We want to hear more details about the products they are presenting which would be a welcome change.

@Ketra 

AMEN

two-thumbs-up-smiley-emoticon.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Agree @Foxxee and IMO when an item goes on clearance, it should NOT go back up to full price afterward. Most brick & mortar stores want to move their inventory out. At QVC, items live on for YEARS after they were first shown. Now some things "age" well and others don't.

Respected Contributor

I also think that the prices are high on many items. I realize that they are comparable for brick & mortar stores but I don't have to pay a fee to exchange items that don't fit from most of them.

For myself, I always check and see if I can buy something similar elsewhere for a reasonable price and especially with clothes and their all over the map sizing issues, I try and be really careful what I order so I don't have to pay $$ to return a poorly fitting item.

Respected Contributor

Ugh yeah I'm not surprised about that at all @desertDi . With HSN I have a very limited range of shows and hosts that I will watch (gee sounds a lot like the way I watch QVC these days). I simply am not interested in being annoyed. I wouldn't do that with any other TV show or a movie or anything else. Bruce Springsteen's song about the number of channels and nothing on strikes a real chord.

I can and will do other things (even clean out the closets - ha ha). I used to be able to have QVC on as at least background noise and come in if they started talking about something I might want to see a presentation on but the new style of spending more time talking about their personal lives, or giggling incessantly or worse asking stupid questions. There was a host on recently with Louis D (I don't know who it was - I really don't care enough about the new hosts to figure out who they are) who made some really idiotic comments and didn't let him talk about the fashions. It is HIS expertise and information on the garment and how to style that I'm interested in, not whatever nonsense junk the host feels like going on about. He isn't on that often so I was really annoyed.

Respected Contributor

@SPURT you aren't kidding about all of the brands looking alike - doesn't matter who it is! I was so happy when IM offered the tank top with a STRAIGHT hem! Finally, at last, so I bought two of them. I'm done with all of the shark bite and high low hems. For one, I'm on the shorter side so some of these tops go halfway down my legs and that is NOT a good look so after doing the try and return thing a few times, I gave up and stopped buying them. The hosts tout them as "covering your bum" yeah, well that's not always a good look. I'd prefer items that actually fit instead.

Respected Contributor

I never buy from zullily. The no returns policy doesn't cut it for me, based on the fact that I did order from them (before they were bought by the QVC family of companies) and I wasn't at all happy with my purchases. they were decorations but IMO they were cheap and not worth the money I paid. They went into the trash after the holiday they were supposed to be setup for which was a deal breaker for me. I have things that I bought years ago that I use year after year.

I know others swear by it and if it works for them, that's great. I just know it doesn't work for me.

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@GinaV24 wrote:

@SPURT you aren't kidding about all of the brands looking alike - doesn't matter who it is! I was so happy when IM offered the tank top with a STRAIGHT hem! Finally, at last, so I bought two of them. I'm done with all of the shark bite and high low hems. For one, I'm on the shorter side so some of these tops go halfway down my legs and that is NOT a good look so after doing the try and return thing a few times, I gave up and stopped buying them. The hosts tout them as "covering your bum" yeah, well that's not always a good look. I'd prefer items that actually fit instead.

@GinaV24 

Yep, I'm 5'2" and these odd hem lines don't work for me...and I think hi/low emphasizes instead of distracting our bums......just like hosts and some of their designers say close that fit snuggly to the body make people look thinner...PHOOEY...it makes people look like they are wearing ill fitted clothes...such as the QVC models that are horribly styled by Q's stylists.....I prefer proper fitting clothes too!!!! 

Esteemed Contributor

Katrina Szish used to be an entertainment reporter and was on those live red carpet shows or entertainment shows discussing beauty and fashion so she's a good conversational speaker with other people.

As to Qurate attracting millennials. Nope. Millennials look for good prices, fast shipping, and want to buy from the source.

My millennial daughter recently bought a backpack from a company that was funded by a kickstarter she contributed to that turns recycled plastic bottles into fabric and then items. There has to be something more than just a good price, the companies she wants to buy from have to contribute in some way to making a better world in some way that is meaningful to her. It's not just about the stuff and endless acquiring of things to her.