Contributor

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

IMO, if items are priced right and S/H is reasonable, sales would be increased or, at best, not declining.  Let's face it, we all love a bargain.  When you can purchase at the big box stores (coupons, daily deals, doorbuster sales, etc.), for soooo much less, why wouldn't you? Plus, the on-line shopping (Amazon, Zulily, etc.), have wonderful opportunties to purchase, quite frankly, almost anything imagineable.  We live in a I-want-it-now society and with free -  one to two day shipping, it's a no-brainer.  Yes, Kathy Levine was a top-notch host with a great following and  brought in $$ for QVC, but the on-line shopping was not quite as popular years and years ago!  

Honored Contributor

@colleena wrote:

@SPURT Carolyn Gracie got her hair cut several weeks ago mentioning that all hosts were going to have new pix done.  

@colleena@SPURT,  I also heard Mary Beth mentioning the hosts’ new head shots/profile pix about a week ago.

⭐️“Never make someone a priority when all you are to them is an option."⭐️
    ~Maya Angelou

Regular Contributor

Thank goodness I purchase because of the actual item and not the host....if I only bought because of a particular host presenting that definitely would be good for my purse....but that's not the case!

Frequent Contributor

[ Edited ]

I am getting tired of the hosts talking about vacations, vacation homes and so busy, busy, busy.  I love Earth brand shoes and purchase them often.  However, this morning's early show really turned me off.  While trying to listen since I was getting ready for work, I had to hear the host say she was going away on vacation with her hubby sans kids to get away.  Wow, what relevance does that have with showing a shoe?  I heard more about her personal situation than the product being sold.  I turned the channel and put the news on. 

Respected Contributor

@AngelLove2 wrote:
I enjoyed the Q when they traveled around the country and brought in new vendors. Now they have Lori bring them in from Shark Tank.

Those were fun! I’m sure it’s very expensive to do, but would love to see that happen

Respected Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

A few comments referenced QVC targeting youth.  Somewhere on the internet there's a tape of CEO Mike George speaking to a group of business people.  

"QVC will be targeting youth.  Youth is where it's at."

I'm not at all sensitive or insulted very easily, but at the time I remembered all the money I had spent at QVC and thinking..."How insulting!"  Essentially saying, "We don't want over 35 y/o shoppers buying from us anymore...you're too old!"  To think, the many older shoppers keeping QVC afloat!  What's crazy, millennials aren't the ones who have the most money.  

Even though shrinking in size,  Baby Boomers are the wealthiest generation with 70% of the disposable income and spend roughly 50% of all consumer packaged good dollars.  How can they be overlooked?

Imagine Dillards, Macy's, Nordstrom, Boscov's, JC Penney, and others saying the same thing!  They'd go out of business!  

I haven't looked at QVC the same way since I watched that tape.

Since initially posting this, I found on the internet, QVC began targeting Facebook for younger shoppers last year.  

Is that why the hosts are behaving as they do?  

There is no way my 28 y/o daughter will shop or buy from QVC. She would not wear SG, D&C, BM, LOGO or LDO or any other clothing. She doesn't want to wait and would prefer to go to the Malls and B&M stores where she can buy it then. She does buy from Amazon though.

Sleep sweet Bo 3/19/08 8/4/18
Highlighted
Respected Contributor

Many years ago, when there was nothing interesting to watch on TV, I'd tune into the Q and often purchased various items.   Now, I have lots of channels plus Amazon tv and Netflix, so QVC rarely is viewed in my house.  When I am interested in purchasing something, I go to various websites.  I wouldn't be surprised if lots of others do the same.   Perhaps this is why sales are down. 

Respected Contributor

@SPURT  It IS a nice picture of Kristine Zell. Noticed Elise, Courtney K. and Gabrielle also have their new pictures up. Imagine the rest will appear within the next day or two.

This photographer is much better than the previous one IMO. These pictures are not the "glam squad" as in years past. Nice photos.

I don't listen to the Q like I used to.  I record what I want to see and have other channels as my background noise. Every host talks about the cocktails or wine they are looking forward to.  Why they think that Shawn in all that I don't know she is loud, talks like the old valley girls.  Not good English for any children listening.  She wears the craziest hair and glasses.  I get tired of Lori, Issac, Peace love etc.  I can have a t shirt printed with a saying for next to nothing.  Next they no longer have the plus size models.  Everyone is a small or x x small.  Then there is shipping cost, return cost and shipping time all are too high or too long.  Things don't arrive in time for a gift unless you order a month in advance.  Then there is the Price who want's a t shirt for $60 and more when you add shipping and tax.  Next Jane Tracy is a great host like Jill she just acts a little over the top I think because of the Q promoting younger host and styles.  I turn every show with Shawn off.  Q has lost the glamor and grace of host like Lisa Roberts.  I love Lewis and Bob.  Denim and Co and Susan have gone to much for the slimmer clients, stripes running in the wrong direction.  The sizing is not the same in all brands.  You have to re measure yourself to get the right fit with a different brand, It used to be the QVC size was across the board.  Also the free exchange I have tried to use it 3 times and 3 times they were sold out.  i am also tired of the same beauty brands given so much air time Philosophy is on every time you turn around and so is Josie.  What happened to seeing Dr Denese, Perricone, L'Occitane, Glow Recipe, Tatcha more often.  I also don't care what they are doing in California or that Oprah loves something.  In fact when they start with the Oprah loves it over and over I change the channel. I don't buy a product because of a celebrity in fact I may not buy it because it comes from California or some Celebrity.  I am tired of the makeup lines all being about celebrities I want to see real women with real problems.  Love Nick but no TSV very often with him they only like Wen and I had a bad experience with that line. I agree with the other bloggers, Dillards, Nordtrom, JCP, Belks offers better prices and no shipping or return cost. Not to mention is good for the local economy.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@rncneal337 wrote:

I don't listen to the Q like I used to.  I record what I want to see and have other channels as my background noise. Every host talks about the cocktails or wine they are looking forward to.  Why they think that Shawn in all that I don't know she is loud, talks like the old valley girls.  Not good English for any children listening.  She wears the craziest hair and glasses.  I get tired of Lori, Issac, Peace love etc.  I can have a t shirt printed with a saying for next to nothing.  Next they no longer have the plus size models.  Everyone is a small or x x small.  Then there is shipping cost, return cost and shipping time all are too high or too long.  Things don't arrive in time for a gift unless you order a month in advance.  Then there is the Price who want's a t shirt for $60 and more when you add shipping and tax.  Next Jane Tracy is a great host like Jill she just acts a little over the top I think because of the Q promoting younger host and styles.  I turn every show with Shawn off.  Q has lost the glamor and grace of host like Lisa Roberts.  I love Lewis and Bob.  Denim and Co and Susan have gone to much for the slimmer clients, stripes running in the wrong direction.  The sizing is not the same in all brands.  You have to re measure yourself to get the right fit with a different brand, It used to be the QVC size was across the board.  Also the free exchange I have tried to use it 3 times and 3 times they were sold out.  i am also tired of the same beauty brands given so much air time Philosophy is on every time you turn around and so is Josie.  What happened to seeing Dr Denese, Perricone, L'Occitane, Glow Recipe, Tatcha more often.  I also don't care what they are doing in California or that Oprah loves something.  In fact when they start with the Oprah loves it over and over I change the channel. I don't buy a product because of a celebrity in fact I may not buy it because it comes from California or some Celebrity.  I am tired of the makeup lines all being about celebrities I want to see real women with real problems.  Love Nick but no TSV very often with him they only like Wen and I had a bad experience with that line. I agree with the other bloggers, Dillards, Nordtrom, JCP, Belks offers better prices and no shipping or return cost. Not to mention is good for the local economy.

@rncneal337 

Well said and totally agree with your analysis...

It's interesting that I personally have never heard a host mention ON AIR regarding their free exchange program, "only if your item and/or size is in stock"  Has anyone heard this disclaimer????  I think that's and important point to mention.....I know it's on the website but should a customer have to dig and research....

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert