Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,005
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

[ Edited ]

@SoX wrote:

I can't help but think there's a  bit of nepotism in keeping this host (KZ) ... nothing to back up this claim, just a tiny  suspicion  as to why she's still here.   

 

I agree with the poster upthread who mentioned that she apparently rehearses a script in her head and nothing is gonna turn her around from using what ever she planned to say.   


@SoX 

 

From reading interviews with QVC Execs in financial publications...I think KZ's appeal for QVC she has "the look" and is the younger demographic that QVC longs for....and they think she will attract younger viewers and the young busy mom..and not only lead customers to QVC, but also Zulily....since Zulily has kids clothes and products ...JMHO

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,005
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: I understand why sales are down.....


@BirkiLady wrote:

@SPURT  So did I. Asked QVC to never pair KZ with Jim Shore again! He deserved much better. Guess I should have said, "Don't pair her with anyone new or not a QVC regular vendor . . ."  Couldn't believe she was paired with a new vendor for QVC. Granted, Patricia Nash has worked with the HSN hosts . . . but it's an entirely different gig at QVC. They didn't give her the courtesy of a good host; another mess like Louis Dell'Olio, Jim Shore and the quilt program (to name some off the top of my head that I've written to QVC about). 


@BirkiLady 

 

Me too! Jim's appearances are so rare, and I felt he didn't get the respect nor opportunity to describe his items....

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert
Highlighted
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,255
Registered: ‎03-15-2010

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

[ Edited ]

@SPURT 

 

Good theory ... food for thought.

 

Also,@SPURT ... If the Q execs  have in mind that appeal to younger viewers, it's not working ...  but what does come across ... at least to me ... is that "Georgia Engle Dumb Blond" characterization ... 

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,679
Registered: ‎02-22-2015

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

Give me a break! I'm so bored of KZ and her "busy mom" comments. She isn't the first mom in the world or the only mom to be busy. What makes her think she's doing anything so unique? We've ALL been busy moms and managed just fine without mentioning it. It was our life and we lived it while working. Big deal.

 

We also didn't need to tell anyone about "date nights" when we went out with our husband! She doesn't stay on the topic of sellling the product. Ms. Zell even ran with the name of a drink when Patricia Nash mentioned a handbag color!

 

I've heard her mention beer or named cocktails with various guests (Bob Mackie, Louis Dell'Olio, Isaac, Lisa Rinna and several others). Most of whom don't drink and appeared somewhat surprised at her comment; the others have been gracious, but quickly gone on with their presentations. It has been awkward, although she didn't seem to notice.     

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,005
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

@ScarletDove 

 

On the main page of the website  at the bottom left hand corner of the page it says contact us:

 

There's two ways to contact them click Email for topics listed on that form or use Feedback for anything else.

 

For snail mail

 

1200 Wilson Drive 
West Chester, PA 19380 

 

 

1365 Enterprise Drive

Mail Code 330

West Chester, PA19380


corporate phone number 484.701.1000

 

 

 

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,194
Registered: ‎07-11-2010

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

@SPURT  Thank you very much, I appreciate.....

Respected Contributor
Posts: 4,679
Registered: ‎02-22-2015

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

[ Edited ]

@SPURT @SoX   I do think Kristine Zell is a kind person and probably tries her best. She simply doesn't have the ability for a sales and/or TV position. She's too caught up with the "glam" of the job at this point. After 1 1/2 years (or longer), the newer hosts have passed her in responsibility, sales and setting personal goals. She still doesn't have a nitche on QVC.

 

I don't see her as a "dumb blonde," rather a female who is dependent upon others for her gain. Have a feeling the PTB at QVC have fallen for those savvy tactics!  

 

ETA: Doubt there is any nepotism. Who would she be related to at QVC?

 

What does Zulilly have to do with QVC? Sorry for my ignorance. I've never looked at that site and know nothing about it.  

Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,005
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

[ Edited ]

@SoX wrote:

@SPURT 

 

Good theory ... food for thought.

 

Also,@SPURT ... If the Q execs  have in mind that appeal to younger viewers, it's not working ...  but what does come across ... at least to me ... is that "Georgia Engle Dumb Blond" characterization ... 


@SoX 

 

What's funny QVC also keeps emphasizing social media in the hopes of getting younger customers engaged, but QVC's products dont even match what that age group wants in the way of products........I wouldn't call it "Georgia Engle Dumb Blonde".....reading her Blogs she wrote for QVC she seems intelligent, but what I was going for...she may have "beauty pagent looks" but her skill set just doesn't match the qualifications for this QVC job ...

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,005
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

Give me a break! I'm so bored of KZ and her "busy mom" comments. She isn't the first mom in the world or the only mom to be busy. What makes her think she's doing anything so unique? We've ALL been busy moms and managed just fine without mentioning it. It was our life and we lived it while working. Big deal.

 

We also didn't need to tell anyone about "date nights" when we went out with our husband! She doesn't stay on the topic of sellling the product. Ms. Zell even ran with the name of a drink when Patricia Nash mentioned a handbag color!

 

I've heard her mention beer or named cocktails with various guests (Bob Mackie, Louis Dell'Olio, Isaac, Lisa Rinna and several others). Most of whom don't drink and appeared somewhat surprised at her comment; the others have been gracious, but quickly gone on with their presentations. It has been awkward, although she didn't seem to notice.     


@BirkiLady 

 

Now I think part of the problem is QVC who tells the hosts to connect to the viewer and share personal stories and interact with the hosts on their Facebook Pages......KL does that too...and Jane T goes over the top at times...This just shows what QVC is aiming for, the sales gimmick, you are buying from a friend....and social media also attracts a younger audience....

 

But what gripes me....is the phrase "busy mom"....you can be very busy even if your not a mom...we are ALL busy women....Woman Frustrated

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert
Honored Contributor
Posts: 17,005
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@SPURT @SoX   I do think Kristine Zell is a kind person and probably tries her best. She simply doesn't have the ability for a sales and/or TV position. She's too caught up with the "glam" of the job at this point. After 1 1/2 years (or longer), the newer hosts have passed her in responsibility, sales and setting personal goals. She still doesn't have a nitche on QVC.

 

I don't see her as a "dumb blonde," rather a female who is dependent upon others for her gain. Have a feeling the PTB at QVC have fallen for those savvy tactics!  

 

ETA: Doubt there is any nepotism. Who would she be related to at QVC?

 

What does Zulilly have to do with QVC? Sorry for my ignorance. I've never looked at that site and know nothing about it.  


@BirkiLady 

 

ITA......

 

As far as Zulilly----

 

QVC is owned by Libertyinteractive---they have grouped all their retail companies under a group called Qurate.  Qurate consists of the following companies:

 

QVC

HSN

Zulily

Ballard Designs

Garnet Hill

Grandin Road

 

They acquired Zulilly on 10-1-2015

Liberty officials said that buying Zulily expands the company’s demographic to “millennial moms” and added the possibility of cross-promotion.  Zulily offers its members flash sales on clothing, toys, and other products targeted at mothers and their children.

 

The deal is expected to be complementary to Liberty and help strengthen QVC’s position in experiential, discovery driven shopping.  QVC and zulily will be operated as separate consumer brands, but it is anticipated that the combination will help boost zulily’s global scale, vendor relationships and video commerce expertise, while QVC will benefit from a younger customer demographic, personalization expertise and e-commerce capabilities.

 

 

https://www.multichannel.com/news/qvc-group-plucks-zulily-24b-deal-393037

 

https://www.denverpost.com/2015/10/01/libertys-qvc-completes-zulily-purchase-to-reach-younger-moms

 

Animals are reliable, many full of love, true in their affections, predictable in their actions, grateful and loyal. Difficult standards for people to live up to Alfred A. Montapert