Honored Contributor

I understand why sales are down.....

[ Edited ]

In Qurates's latest financal report sales were down 4%....the report in particular mentioned declines in sales of items presented on air......

Here's a perfect example why---

I was watching the Patricia Nash Handbag Show 1AM on May 11.....Kristine Zell was host.  I was interested to hear about this brand and intrigued to see the handbags presented, I liked a couple of the styles shown in the promo for the brand....

But KZ ruined it all....she constanly interrupted the vendor......she would ask Patricia a question and before Patricia had a chance to finish her sentence or thought, KZ interrupted with her own next thought..(and no it wasn't because of updates on color quantities)....it was as if KZ scripted the show and rehearsed it in her mind, but it didn't match what was going on LIVE...it came off as fakey, not genuine and staged...And the constant interrupting of Patricia Nash got to me (Patricia looked a bit irritated a couple of times too), and I just had to turn the show off...Woman Frustrated 

I am not being unkind, just giving an honest opinion. Kristine has been at QVC for almost two years and in her shows she is either unprepared and doesn't know her products OR doesn't relate well to vendors....she doesn't have a real conversation with them...and constantly interrupts them...and she said she has worked in television for 10 years...SMH..

Now I saw Katrina Szish in the wee early hours this morning Katrina is new and came in with the last group hired, she was relaxed and knew her products, and interacted well with the vendor....So Katrina has gotten comfortable and seems to have grasped the job...but KZ is going backwards...Some people just aren't cut out for certain jobs

...And I said all this just to say, this is one reason sales are down for items that are presented on air...unwatchable hosts....!!!Woman Frustrated  QVC seems to delegate decent hosts to never never land known as Q2....and seems to favor  hosts that drive viewers away......!!!!

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

Re: I understand why sales are down.....

I totally agree about KZ--seems she is never prepared and interrupts the vendors a lot, etc.  I usually change the channel.     Another reason  or reasons sales are down is too much silliness from the hosts.  Jane T. an experienced host acts like a "kid" shouting about "FriYay", etc.    The other reasons I'll mention are high cost of shipping and items in "process" for 5 or 6 days and taking forever to get to our homes.   I don't know how Amazon does it, but now getting items the next day even if I order in the afternoon.  QVC needs a lot of improvement.

Honored Contributor

I think their profits are down because their prices are high.Shipping is slow and customer service could be better.I also think the products have become stale.

Valued Contributor

I enjoyed the Q when they traveled around the country and brought in new vendors. Now they have Lori bring them in from Shark Tank.
Valued Contributor

Valued Contributor

@SPURT wrote:

In Qurates's latest financal report sales were down 4%....the report in particular mentioned declines in sales of items presented on air......

Here's a perfect example why---

I was watching the Patricia Nash Handbag Show 1AM on May 11.....Kristine Zell was host.  I was interested to hear about this brand and intrigued to see the handbags presented, I liked a couple the styles shown in the promo for the brand....

But KZ ruined it all....she constanly interrupted the vendor......she would ask Patricia a question and before Patricia had a chance to finish her sentence or thought, KZ interrupted with her own next thought..(and no it wasn't because of updates on color quantities)....it was as if KZ scripted the show and rehearsed it in her mind, but it didn't match what was going on LIVE...it came off as fakey, not genuine and staged...And the constant interrupting of Patricia Nash got to me (Patricia looked a bit irritated a couple of times too), and I just had to turn the show off...Woman Frustrated 

I am not being unkind, just giving an honest opinion. Kristine has been at QVC for almost two years and in her shows she is either unprepared and doesn't know her products OR doesn't relate well to vendors....she doesn't have a real conversation with them...and constantly interrupts them...and she said she has worked in television for 10 years...SMH..

Now I saw Katrina Szish in the wee early hours this morning Katrina is new and came in with the last group hired, she was relaxed and knew her products, and interacted well with the vendor....So Katrina has gotten comfortable and seems to have grasped the job...but KZ is going backwards...Some people just aren't cut out for certain jobs

...And I said all this just to say, this is one reason sales are down for items that are presented on air...unwatchable hosts....!!!Woman Frustrated  QVC seems to delegate decent hosts to never never land known as Q2....and seems to favor  hosts that drive viewers away......!!!!

You are right.  That show with KZ was a disaster.  She kept asking:  what was your inspiration for this bag, What inspired you to design this, how were you inspired to design this bag blah blah blah .  Such rubbish questions.  Felt really bad for Patricia N that she had to put up with such nonsense. 

Trusted Contributor

The reason why my purchases are down is because my experience this past year has been defective products, quality of the clothing, inconsistent sizing, and currently, humdrum choices.  

There's too much repetition of the same vendors, designers, and products. 

Offering the same clearance items over and over.

When something new and interesting is presented, not enough is ordered and it sells out too quickly. 

$3.50 shipping doesn't bother me, but $10.00 returns does.  As far as shipping taking too long, I think that will eventually straighten out.  

QVC used to have a warm, welcoming, culture, but is becoming a high pressure sales infomercial. I haven't changed...QVC has changed.  

Respected Contributor

Well for me, once I get a product home, sometimes I think that it was misrepresented. Amy Morrison on HSN does this a lot. She over exaggerates and I get the item home and it is nothing like described. I find that sometimes with the Q too. So I don't trust many of the hosts. The hosts I trust the most are Jane (the Jane that hosts with Pat), Colleen, Pat, Carolyn, Dan H. Marybeth, Guy Y, Suzanne R, Jane T. to a point, 

The other thing that I notice is the hosts don't describe the items like they used to. I hear about 10 minutes, it seems, of excited jiber jabish on the TSV but never really see the features, of the garment described. It is difficult to buy a product just from a picture on TV with no good description. 

Repetitive products, beds, vacuums.etc. No nice lamps or rugs anymore. Not many unique products. Louis D. is the most talented designer on the Q and we don't see much of him. We see lot's of "celebrity designers" who are not really designers. 

Esteemed Contributor

@SPURT @doodles   Good commentary of another horrible show with that host. They are spot-on! KZ cannot keep her mouth shut and the questions asked are always the same (of anyone). Like you, I felt Patricia Nash was overwhelmed with the overly friendly chit-chat and desperately wanted to show & speak about her purses! It was obvious they were not bff's, which Ms. Zell seems to expect customers to believe. (How stupid does she think the general public is?)  Actually, it was a first-time working together and it appeared uncomfortable for Patricia Nash. There were zero sell-outs. I was surprised. Her leathers are amazing and the styles are lovely.

Unfortunately, Kristine Zell didn't take the time to focus on the details of each handbag. I waited and waited to see the interior of KZ's "pick", but she was too interested in the logo. Who cares about the logo? We care about the pockets, zippers, straps, feet, etc. of a handbag. The logo does nothing for me or makes me purchase anything. Guess Ms. Zell and I have completely different priorities. (So happy about that!) That particular bag wasn't shown again by Amy so I'll go to Patricia Nash's site and buy from there at a better price. Big mistakes again, Christine Zell, big mistakes.

Later in the day, Patricia Nash and Amy worked well together well. Amy let her talk! And, the purses sold out in the heartbeat. Imagine such a concept.  

Highlighted
Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@BirkiLady wrote:

@SPURT @doodles   Good commentary of another horrible show with that host. They are spot-on! KZ cannot keep her mouth shut and the questions asked are always the same (of anyone). Like you, I felt Patricia Nash was overwhelmed with the overly friendly chit-chat and desperately wanted to show & speak about her purses! It was obvious they were not bff's, which Ms. Zell seems to expect customers to believe. (How stupid does she think the general public is?)  Actually, it was a first-time working together and it appeared uncomfortable for Patricia Nash. There were zero sell-outs. I was surprised. Her leathers are amazing and the styles are lovely.

Unfortunately, Kristine Zell didn't take the time to focus on the details of each handbag. I waited and waited to see the interior of KZ's "pick", but she was too interested in the logo. Who cares about the logo? We care about the pockets, zippers, straps, feet, etc. of a handbag. The logo does nothing for me or makes me purchase anything. Guess Ms. Zell and I have completely different priorities. (So happy about that!) That particular bag wasn't shown again by Amy so I'll go to Patricia Nash's site and buy from there at a better price. Big mistakes again, Christine Zell, big mistakes.

Later in the day, Patricia Nash and Amy worked well together well. Amy let her talk! And, the purses sold out in the heartbeat. Imagine such a concept.  

@BirkiLady 

You make excellent points!  Good hosts puts themselves in the customers position, and ask what do they want to know about the bag...like you said we want to see the interior, and also storage capacity, pockets, strap, feet, etc....Show all this to the customers and talk about it...instead of sticking to one lame question...that's what she did to Jim Shore too.....the same question over and over and then she kept repeating how many years he had been at QVC instead of letting him talk about his art, and his joke went over her head....she missed it

And you nailed it   ... Patricia was very uncomfortable and she didnt mesh well with Kristine at all....she wanted to talk about her craft and KZ wouldnt let her.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”