Esteemed Contributor

Re: I think this is dishonest

A 24 hr cancellation policy is not an unrealistic expectation.  

Trusted Contributor

Well, hmm, last time I went to the department store there were no reviews posted for any of the items. Like so many others have said, I do my research before making a purchase and when I do buy something, I purchase it with the intention of completing the sale. I never walk out of a department store with my items then a few hours later return them. In my opinion, we expect so much from QVC and do not have the same expectations from other retailers. Remember, every retailers primary goal is to make money. They all have their ways and sometimes you just don't know them. 

Trusted Contributor

@cjm61  I have to respectfully disagree.  For an online purchase you should be able to cancel your purchase at least within a 24 hour period.  It's far different to go into a B&M store and actually SEE your purchase, hold it, and if clothing try it on and you can make a far better decision. 

Online is a bit more risky.  Sometimes it's the next day in these forums that you read of others that bought that exact item before, or something similar from that company and the experience was negative, or someone discusses the sizing and you realize you picked the wrong size at that point it would be nice to be able to cancel it.  You also are not paying shipping if you go into the store to get it.  So I  believe there should be a window of opportunity for "buyer's remorse" and you should be allowed to cancel especially with the length of time some items  take to make to shipping.  There would most likely be alot less returns, but then alot less $$ made from shipping charges.  

Super Contributor

Buyer beware???  They give clothing descriptions, but I cannot tell you how many things I've had to return, anyway!!!  To me, that is dishonest!  Sometimes it's all you have to go by!

Contributor

No, I wasn't aware of a price guarantee.  I do know you can return things within 30 days or do an exchange but I haven't heard of them matching a price from somewhere else, if that's what you mean.

Super Contributor

@primroses wrote:

No, I wasn't aware of a price guarantee.  I do know you can return things within 30 days or do an exchange but I haven't heard of them matching a price from somewhere else, if that's what you mean.

No, they don't price match. If it goes on sale within 30 days from the date you ordered it & you call them they will give you a price adjustment for the sale price. I heard you can do a chat or email the social team for the price adjustment as well.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Lipstickdiva wrote:

If these are the green pans that were sold on HSN, I tossed mine in the trash. They are horrible.  Buying these pans that supposedly had the Good Housekeeping seal of approval made me realize that seal of approval is a joke.  I'm betting companies pay to get that seal.

The outside of the pans scratched very, very easily.  Mine also were not non-stick after a couple of uses.  The only pan I kept was a small 2 or 3 quart pan with a lid because I make hard boiled eggs in it so it doesn't need to be non-stick.  

@RespectLife , I'm not sure what your comment means about Amazon.  I buy my fair share from Amazon and they have always accepted returns and the returns are free.  The last time I returned something to QVC, it cost me $10.45 for the return shipping plus the non-refunded s/h.   

@Lipstickdiva 

I'm sorry i didn't make myself clear.....my statement was that ...

"You DO realize QVC has always had a 30 day price guarantee, don't you?    I think Amazon could learn from Q on that one!"

Amazon does NOT give you a sale price adjustment even if the item goes down in the price the same or next day!

QVC gives you a sale price credit for 30 days from date of order!!

My comments had nothing to do w/ returning anything. I didn't even mention returns.

I think you misunderstood....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@primroses wrote:

@primroses 

As @shoechic  said...it is NOT a price match.

A price match is when Walmart will give you the same price on a pair of shoes that Target is selling for less.

A 30 day price guarantee means IF it goes on sale lower ON QVC for 30 days....they will give you a credit for the difference.

Respected Contributor

My prediction is these Green Pans will go the way of the highly touted and pushed incessanlty Kopper Krapp.

Remember that stuff?

Trusted Contributor

Regarding the 30 day price guarantee - the difference in price does not have to be in the form of a credit. A few weeks ago I called CS about a pair of sun glasses because I happened to notice the price went down $9.00. The CSR first wanted to credit me the $9.00, but when I requested the money instead, that was perfectly fine. The $9.00 check came in the mail the other day. They should advertise their policy more.