Honored Contributor

Re: I think this is dishonest

@QPrincess wrote:

This is, of course, not the first time this has happened. At close to midnight I decided to order the TSV green pans. There were no reviews. So this morning, checking on orders, I noticed-  lo and behold!- there are now reviews. In fact, enough reviews to give pans 2.5 stars. I would not have ordered these and of course I was unable to cancel. Infuriating how they hide reviews when there is a TSV and then suddenly, when you can't cancel, they appear.

And I hate when you order something- even at midnight- you can not cancel because they immediately show in process but it still takes 7 or 10 days to reach you. 

I find it very dishonest to hide reviews and then show them when you can't cancel.

Green pans are sold in a lot of stores and online sites. Perhaps some already had the product.  Or, like many retailers do now, reviews on the Green Pan website are connected and flood into Q.

I really don't care why they are there or how they got there. It's easy to weed out the useless ones.

Respected Contributor

THey hide the reviews often...yes it is.dishonest.  We must be smart shoppers!!

Honored Contributor

@mspatmac wrote:

A 24 hr cancellation policy is not an unrealistic expectation.  

Do you know any retailers have a 24 hour cancellation policy?  I'd love to know.  

A couple of examples:

Macy's gives 30 minutes.

You can call Kohls within 30 minutes or it's too late.

LLBean can sometimes cancel within 1 hour.

Lands End gives about 30 minutes.

Walmart gives about 20 minutes on their products and zero time cancellation on other vendors.   

Walmart gives through that day on delivery grocery orders. 

Grocery stores give zero minutes.

Esteemed Contributor

Done ordering from QVC because of this practice.

Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@primroses wrote:

We bought the green pans at Costco for $60 for 3 pans and they are good up to 600 degrees.  They are still selling them at that price at this point.

When we bought them several months ago they were $60 too but a few weeks later they had them on sale for $48.  The thing is, if they lower the price within 30 days you can ask for the difference.  When that happens we just email them with the order number and they give us the difference back.  That has happened with a few clothing items too and they gave us back  the difference.  Great customer service.  I think QVC could learn something from them.

@primroses 

You DO realize QVC has always had a 30 day price guarantee, don't you?

I think Amazon could learn from Q on that one!

...and there is much QVC could learn from Amazon - like getting items to customers quicker and processing returns quicker. The learning goes both ways.