Valued Contributor

This is, of course, not the first time this has happened. At close to midnight I decided to order the TSV green pans. There were no reviews. So this morning, checking on orders, I noticed-  lo and behold!- there are now reviews. In fact, enough reviews to give pans 2.5 stars. I would not have ordered these and of course I was unable to cancel. Infuriating how they hide reviews when there is a TSV and then suddenly, when you can't cancel, they appear.

And I hate when you order something- even at midnight- you can not cancel because they immediately show in process but it still takes 7 or 10 days to reach you. 

I find it very dishonest to hide reviews and then show them when you can't cancel.

Respected Contributor

Re: I think this is dishonest

This is a ploy by QVC that's been going on for years. Very poor business practice. 

Honored Contributor

Moral of the story---wait for the reviews.  I have never ordered anything without reading the reviews first.  Buyer beware!

Respected Contributor

I agree.  I was able to cancel mine but only because I heard them say "oven safe up to 320" which seemed low to me.  I googled other GreenPans and their temperature allowances and they were all higher so I no longer wanted them.  I did notice there were no reviews until today.  Yes, very sneaky.

Super Contributor

All of those reviews are from yesterday. None of them are verified purchases. None of them bought this particular set. I don't know why Q lets people review items they have not purchased. Personally, I think they should all be removed.

This happens with a lot of fashion items where people leave their opinions of the item as a review. 

How hard is it to only allow verified purchase reviews?

How can anyone trust the reviews? Idon't!!!

Honored Contributor

Yes totally dishonest. Also when they add a color or something and call a product "New" so they never have to show negative reviews from the "old" version when they are the same.

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Super Contributor

@QPrincess  ITA, besides there are many negative online reviews for the GreenPan not sold on QVC. There is also some talk about the non stick coating not being as chemical free as they claim and a possible class action lawsuit. 

Esteemed Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

Yes totally dishonest. Also when they add a color or something and call a product "New" so they never have to show negative reviews from the "old" version when they are the same.

@on the bay  What is sad is they used to be honest.  There are too many places to order from and they are killing themselves.   BUT I will say this, I have received things that had bad reviews that I loved.   So you never know. 

Respected Contributor

If you want to see reviews of a product google the product. When the product appears with a qvc address click on. All reviews will appear. Once something is on the internet it never goes away.

Valued Contributor

@kaydee50 wrote:

Moral of the story---wait for the reviews.  I have never ordered anything without reading the reviews first.  Buyer beware!

I totally agree  with you but this was the TSV and of course it was stressed over and over the price goes up after midnight. My mistake was in thinking I could cancel a few hours after ordering but I should have known better as this has happened to me several times----you order then attempt to cancel just hours later--it says in process and you cannot cancel----and then you see expected arrival date that is about 10 days out.

I HATE that you can't cancel so soon after placing an order.