Respected Contributor

Re: I think They are in Trouble

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife you do not have to pay a fee to shop at Amazon. The fee is only for Prime shipping. 

Super Contributor

I can find hosts I like, lots of product I like, and I can pay shipping even though I don't like to LOL. The problem is that none of this matters if I do not get the item when it is supposed to be delivered, sometimes even weeks later.
Nothing else matters for me if I cannot depend on receiving the item I buy.

QVC:
How do you buy your Tgiving dinner here, QVC?  Will we receive it by Tgiving?
How do we buy gifts? Will we receive them before Christmas? 
We cannot count on you. You are not dependable.

Therein lies the failure of QVC. 

1. Set a delivery promise. "If we dont deliver within three days of originally stated time, we will send an email offering to cancel the item if you no longer want it" 

There. Fixed their biggest problem.

Honored Contributor

We discussed this thing last week. They needed cash so they sold off those properties and took out longterm leases.  

Esteemed Contributor

Every quarter there is a loss. I think that tells the story.

We can see them trying to reinvent. They are shifting hosts all over the place. They are going back to how they started. You have to buy the item in a certain time period.
They are creating a pressure to buy now or lose the deal.

I don't think that is going to work, unless they offer a price nobody else can match.

They have competition now; they didn’t have that 35 years ago. Plus, their target demographic is aging, and not buying like they did.

Respected Contributor

I agree. I also think qvc is in financial trouble. They needed to get cash quickly.  Their quarterly reports are not good. They have been losing money,  They have not fixed problems they have had for many a year. They are not putting money back into the business.  The obnoxious, loud, acting like a pre-teen hosts are not working.  The same ol' same ol' boring items and shows are not working. Poor quality goods at ridiculous prices is not working. QVC is not attracting younger viewers. So yep, imo they are in trouble. But it is of their own doing. TPTB will have no one but themselves to blame if and when the Q goes under.

Esteemed Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

@BalletBabe 

I say this with all due respect, you are just so MAD at QVC over the new customer promo, that you are just looking for reasons to shoot down the company.

You did shop here...you have written about your purchases....but since you felt so disrespected over the promo...you won't any more....but you have before.

Return credits are now a matter of a couple DAYS, they did correct the return problem.

If Amazon works better for you, that is great!  NO one should stress over shopping.

I, for one, will avoid Amz at all costs.  The company goes against everything I believe in.  I will never pay an extra fee for the privilege of shopping with anyone.  

It was on the news last night, they are laying off hundreds ....Merry Christmas to those workers.

I had always enjoyed your posts, but it seems you are on one track only these days.

My best to you....

Yes, I am mad about the promotion but that is not why I post what I do.  You have me all wrong.  Think what you want.  I really don't care. 

Esteemed Contributor

@DJs mom wrote:

@RespectLife you do not have to pay a fee to shop at Amazon. The fee is only for Prime shipping. 

@DJs mom  IMO Amazon Prime pays for itself.  Tv programs, Football games, Customer service that is top of the line, millions of products to choose from and NO one is forced to pay for Prime.  I also love the music that you get.  If a package is late they send another out to you immediatly.  They care about their Customers.  I personally love it.  We alos get to shop on Prime Days which I got a lot of stuff on sale.  

You can also get clothes home to try on and if you don't like them, you are never charged.  Making a return, I have my money back within 3 hours.   

Esteemed Contributor

@tiny 2 wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@Desert Lily   If shipping and returns don't get better that in itself will kill them.  I think many would miss the TV presentations but your right it would be more cost effective.  I just think for someone like me that works 50 hours a week it is just so much quicker to order from Amazon and have it in a day or two.  You can't beat their return policy either. 

People complain about the yearly fee,but I love the music, and the free tv shows and the games on Thursday night and their CS can't be beat.   

I also bought some beautiful clothing from them.  It would have cost me triple to purchase that stuff here.  You can even try on a lot of clothes without paying until you tell them you are keeping the items.  Going to be hard to compete with that.

@BalletBabe, I agree. I placed an order for 3 items last night on Amazon. It was on my porch at 6:30 this morning.

Qurate sold a building in 2021( I think it was the Founders building) and they moved everything into the Studio park building. It did not seem to help.

@tiny 2  This past Summer I had a bathtub issue.  I could not shut the water off.  I went on You Tube found how to fix it.  I went to Amazon and ordered the parts at 9:30 pm and they were delivered at 5am.  Can't beat that.

Super Contributor

I agree that Prime is wonderful, @DJs mom .  I have never gotten a "no" from them.
Their customer service is amazing. 
And yes, the Prime shows, music, many same day items, etc....it all makes the cost worthwhile.  If I add up the shipping costs I have spent on QVC this year it's more than I pay for Prime and the delivery process is nothing short of a nightmare. I'm done with QVC....after 30 years. If I can't receive the product I order in a fair and just manner, nothing else that they do matters.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

This is like a broken record. If QVC wanted to fix the obvious problems, they would. Instead, they dig their heels in and keep the same ole, same ole. I have spent a lot of $ here over the years.

Lately, HSN and ShopHQ have been getting their fair share from me. Sadly, QVC has not been getting my dollars. I look through the recently aired, and it puts me to sleep. The easy pay fiasco this summer and the same tired merchandise doesn't make me want to open my wallet. 

For all their faults, HSN and ShopHQ offer nice products, sales, and fast shipping.