Honored Contributor

Re: I think Alberti's getting more popular.

On 9/28/2014 Daysdee said:
On 9/28/2014 Reever said: Not a Rick fan at all. I prefer the calmer approach. Dave James was my favorite male host. Dan Hughes isn't too bad. Alberti is very knowledgeable. I was surprised he was so adept at selling bedding and sheets when I saw him a few weeks ago. I I wish QVC would snag Bill Green from HSN. A man who can sell almost anything and does not HYPE.

I thought Dave James did a great job and had such a pleasant speaking voice. I do like Rick and Dan Hughes. Dan Wheeler is getting tiresome especially the way he eats on the food shows. I doubt Bill Green would change to QVC. I think QVC is grooming Alberti to be somewhat like Bill Green--a male host that sells everything. That is fine with me, but I think they should have Alberti branch out into selling more items now. Starting him out with pretty much only items for women (handbags, cosmetics, etc.) was limiting. I'm sure he can sell the ladders, vitamins, food, computers, cameras, etc.

I was a huge fan of Dave James. It was sad to see him leave.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I have seen Alberti host all the types of shows you mentioned, and more: electronics, kitchen, food, home furnishings and gadgets, cleaning products, Christmas decor and gifts, etc., and he did a great job. As they add more hours, and move him into more of the daylight hours I think more people will him in those shows. He's quite versatile, comes well-prepared to each show I've seen, and seems so comfortable in front of the cameras.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

If I want to buy a line and he's the host, I'll stay around, but I don't look to see if he's presenting. When that happens, I'll think he's made it.

Trusted Contributor

When I've seen him, he really is good. He is prepared and very calm. No silly antics. I really don't mind him putting a ring on his finger as I've seen JTV's Jeff M do that too and its not a problem for me. He really is a natural.

Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 physicsnut said:

I think Q is "trying" to make him more popular. I flipped on Q last night, he was on and I just cannot get into him hosting. Not my cup of tea.

Not my cup of tea either. time will tell if I warm up to him.

I don't like men doing jewelry on QVC. Just doesn't work for me.

Super Contributor

A HANDSOME MAN CAN SALE ME JEWELRY ANYTIME- HONEY - He really is a breath of fresh air.

Regular Contributor

No offense towards Alberti, but I really think it's trying a bit too hard to be perfect. I say for him tone it down a notch and in no time you'll be a great host and working better shows/hours.

Respected Contributor

Sometimes I don't mind him and other times, eh. Can't decide yet.

Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 dooBdoo said:
On 9/28/2014 Daysdee said:
On 9/28/2014 Reever said: Not a Rick fan at all. I prefer the calmer approach. Dave James was my favorite male host. Dan Hughes isn't too bad. Alberti is very knowledgeable. I was surprised he was so adept at selling bedding and sheets when I saw him a few weeks ago. I I wish QVC would snag Bill Green from HSN. A man who can sell almost anything and does not HYPE.

I thought Dave James did a great job and had such a pleasant speaking voice. I do like Rick and Dan Hughes. Dan Wheeler is getting tiresome especially the way he eats on the food shows. I doubt Bill Green would change to QVC. I think QVC is grooming Alberti to be somewhat like Bill Green--a male host that sells everything. That is fine with me, but I think they should have Alberti branch out into selling more items now. Starting him out with pretty much only items for women (handbags, cosmetics, etc.) was limiting. I'm sure he can sell the ladders, vitamins, food, computers, cameras, etc.

I was a huge fan of Dave James. It was sad to see him leave.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

I have seen Alberti host all the types of shows you mentioned, and more: electronics, kitchen, food, home furnishings and gadgets, cleaning products, Christmas decor and gifts, etc., and he did a great job. As they add more hours, and move him into more of the daylight hours I think more people will him in those shows. He's quite versatile, comes well-prepared to each show I've seen, and seems so comfortable in front of the cameras.

Dave James has been the best male host (IMO), since I have been watching the Q.

Valued Contributor

Alberti is a pleasant addition. He always is prepared and is impeccably dressed. Very thorough in his presentations no matter what the product. I enjoy watching when he is the host.

Trusted Contributor

CAN'T STAND HIM.