Honored Contributor

Re: I think Alberti's getting more popular.

He's probably very nice but when I see him I change the channel. Just my preference.

Respected Contributor

i like Alberti and his presentations. BUT i find it creepy when he puts on women's rings. a non-starter for me. leave that to the model, A!

Esteemed Contributor

I've posted before how much I like Alberti. I saw him doing a Diamonique show the other night, and he did a great job. Yes, he will put a ring on his finger, but how many times has Rick Domeier done that? No one has said anything about him doing it. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Honored Contributor

On 9/15/2014 kittymomNC said:

I've posted before how much I like Alberti. I saw him doing a Diamonique show the other night, and he did a great job. Yes, he will put a ring on his finger, but how many times has Rick Domeier done that? No one has said anything about him doing it. {#emotions_dlg.confused1}

Yes, I've seen Rick do it and also some of the male vendors. I was watching the final Black Hills Gold shows a couple of weeks ago and Jim Whittaker placed rings on his finger several times, showing off the designs he was describing. (I even see the guys on JTV do the same thing.)

There's an unsettling, unspoken undercurrent in some of the negative comments about Alberti, in my opinion.{#emotions_dlg.unsure}

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 kittymomNC said:

i haven't seen Rick do it but wouldn't like that either. i remember way back when Steve Colantuno would do it - didn't like that either.

Respected Contributor

To the ladies that are uncomfortable with Alberti modeling the women's jewelry and hosting some of the makeup and fashion shows (and I promise you, this is NOT at all to slam your opinion, as I do respect your opinions):

Alberti must do that because his boss said so. His boss requires that, as a QVC host, he must be able to sell any product that QVC offers, no matter what gender it's geared toward. Yes, I suppose it's nice to have a lady show off women's items, but that quickly becomes stale when some of the female hosts choose to talk about themselves and not the product.

With said, anyone who's uncomfortable with Alberti hosting the women's shows, I respect your opinion, but Alberti literally gets no say in the matter. Especially being a new host.

I hope no one took this post the wrong way, as it wasn't to offend anyone who feels differently. Smile I, myself, think Alberti's doing a great job and I like him a lot. But, just like you, that's my opinion.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Valued Contributor

I think Q is "trying" to make him more popular. I flipped on Q last night, he was on and I just cannot get into him hosting. Not my cup of tea.

Valued Contributor

On 9/15/2014 tantallum said:

I just saw the pic of him on the community home page and think it's great! I do like Alberti and hope to see him on more on days.

I think not.

Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

To the ladies that are uncomfortable with Alberti modeling the women's jewelry and hosting some of the makeup and fashion shows (and I promise you, this is NOT at all to slam your opinion, as I do respect your opinions):

Alberti must do that because his boss said so. His boss requires that, as a QVC host, he must be able to sell any product that QVC offers, no matter what gender it's geared toward. Yes, I suppose it's nice to have a lady show off women's items, but that quickly becomes stale when some of the female hosts choose to talk about themselves and not the product.

With said, anyone who's uncomfortable with Alberti hosting the women's shows, I respect your opinion, but Alberti literally gets no say in the matter. Especially being a new host.

I hope no one took this post the wrong way, as it wasn't to offend anyone who feels differently. Smile I, myself, think Alberti's doing a great job and I like him a lot. But, just like you, that's my opinion.

gosh i never heard that before! i think he does a great job, too - like i said. i enjoy him.

Respected Contributor

On 9/15/2014 mstraditional said:
On 9/15/2014 NC Bandwagon said:

gosh i never heard that before! i think he does a great job, too - like i said. i enjoy him.

I know, it's cool. Just thought I'd put this out there for those who might be a bit uncomfortable with a man presenting women's items. It really wasn't directed at any posters. Of course, everyone is entitled to their opinion. Smile

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder