Respected Contributor

Re: I think Alberti's getting more popular.

I like that he is charming, informative and also has a "gentle" sales technique which is much appreciated as the hype machine gets tiresome. I hope he doesn't change. I do think he needs to gain some weight. He seems to be too thin. I don't know his waist size but I'm guessing it can't be more than 30".
Respected Contributor

I watched Alberti with Dennis Basso this am. Alberti was flawless!! His speech flowed with absolutley no hesitation. I can't stand the hosts who stammer...using um constantly! Dennis didn't seem thrilled, but Alberti was great!!!

Honored Contributor

On 9/21/2014 TX-starlight said:
On 9/20/2014 ValuSkr said:

Glad to know Alberti is becoming more popular. Wonder if he'll ever challenge the Big Four - Dan, Dan, Rick, and David.

Out of this 4, David is the only host I will watch, & I can only take him on certain days. I like David, but his "foodie" thing gets old. I would watch Alberti & David anyday over the others.

I think Alberti will outshine Dan W. I like David, but so tired of the "happy dance" and his fast talk. I do enjoy Rick and Dan Hughes, but don't see Dan H. much as I don't watch the Morning show. I'm glad to see QVC giving Alberti shows other than handbags and cosmetics. I notice him speaking faster already, so I hope he doesn't get like some of the other hosts have with their fast talk and not letting vendors speak.

Honored Contributor

I fear that management's already gotten to him - making him change his pleasant, laid-back style to more loud, fast hard sell.

Regular Contributor

He's not ready for prime time...........truly. He says the word ""beautiful"" at least twenty times during promotions. I don't want to keep hearing a host say "" this is so BEAUTIFUL"" let's get some more sales verbage going here Alberti. Just MY opinion.

Regular Contributor

I was offended by L Dell'Ollio's response to him hosting his show. I noted after several posters were positive he changed his tune.

Respected Contributor

On 9/20/2014 BlingQueen022 said:
On 9/17/2014 imaclotheshog said:

{#emotions_dlg.thumbdown} I hope he's not around long.

I don't care for him at all. I'm sure he is a nice young man but I don't think he is a very effective host at all.

I agree with you!! Every time he's on i turn the channel.

Sorry, but I also agree with the two of you. I know a lot of people like him, but he is just not my cup of tea (or coffee). I enjoy Dan, Dan and Rick, but beyond that the others just don't register with me.

Respected Contributor

Not a Rick fan at all. I prefer the calmer approach. Dave James was my favorite male host. Dan Hughes isn't too bad. Alberti is very knowledgeable. I was surprised he was so adept at selling bedding and sheets when I saw him a few weeks ago. I I wish QVC would snag Bill Green from HSN. A man who can sell almost anything and does not HYPE.
Valued Contributor

I'm just not a fan and it sure seems like QVC is pushing him. Fortunately there are lots of different hosts and I can watch those I like.

Honored Contributor

On 9/28/2014 Reever said: Not a Rick fan at all. I prefer the calmer approach. Dave James was my favorite male host. Dan Hughes isn't too bad. Alberti is very knowledgeable. I was surprised he was so adept at selling bedding and sheets when I saw him a few weeks ago. I I wish QVC would snag Bill Green from HSN. A man who can sell almost anything and does not HYPE.

I thought Dave James did a great job and had such a pleasant speaking voice. I do like Rick and Dan Hughes. Dan Wheeler is getting tiresome especially the way he eats on the food shows. I doubt Bill Green would change to QVC. I think QVC is grooming Alberti to be somewhat like Bill Green--a male host that sells everything. That is fine with me, but I think they should have Alberti branch out into selling more items now. Starting him out with pretty much only items for women (handbags, cosmetics, etc.) was limiting. I'm sure he can sell the ladders, vitamins, food, computers, cameras, etc.