Esteemed Contributor

Re: I sit and I read these negative posts about the hosts

@Eva-QVC wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

I have an idea, how about for 24 hrs we post nothing, but positive nice things about all hosts and the Q and the CS reps and the mods? If you have nothing nice to say then don't post at all.  Lets see if we can do this.

I will start.  I think Jill is a lovely host and a good one! 

I think Q has awsome CS reps and Mods.

Your turn

@BalletBabe - I must confess that this is my favorite thread of the year. I hope the positivity continues for far longer than 24 hours. The good people that work here at the Q will appreciate the pat on the back. 

My kudos and compliments to the many, many people in the forums that share their kindness and knowledge every day to fellow posters!

@Eva-QVC  Thank You Eva!  I hope we an continue to be kinder for longer then 24 hrs also.  I have to say , I am disappointed in the posters that didn't participate that I know are on here night and day.  BUT Kadoos to the ones that did! 

Honored Contributor

I think Sharon Faytsch is beautiful and a much under rated host.

Respected Contributor

I forgot to add something.

The QVC hosts and models do a good job of standing all day (or most of the time) while they're presenting things.

And the moderators do a good job of not only keeping the forums clean, but also keeping this forum and website up and running....and they do all that while sitting all day.

I heard that sitting or standing for long periods is tough, so good job to those who have to do their jobs while sitting and/or standing for all of the working day. That includes customer service, too.

~Nick Chavez is my favorite vendor on QVC and Alberti Popaj is my favorite QVC host.~
Nick Chavez now has his own sub-forum under the My Favorite Brand folder
Frequent Contributor

Antonella always makes me smile. She seems so geniune to me.

Mary Beth is one the best. Always calm and talks in a normal tone and speed.

Shawn dances to a different drum and that's OK with me. It brings variety to hosting!

Amy is sweet and beautiful.

Alberti is very knowledgeable and his presentations are great although now that he's on the beauty channel I don't see him as DISH does not carry it - at least not the last time I checked.

As for vendors - Valerie Parr Hill is awesome. She calms me for some reason. I try to watch her presentations whether buying or not. I get ideas!  Amy with Clarks is also nice to watch although I usually won't buy shoes because of high probability that I would have to return because of sizing.

I might add that I do use my remote sometimes - off button or mute because I can't take some! However, deep down I believe that each host is trying their best and certainly not deliberately trying to irritate viewers. It's just everyone has different tastes and expectations.

Super Contributor

Rick is my favorite host. Not sure why he is always ripped apart he's fun, professional and not overbearring

Frequent Contributor

I agree! Say something nice or NOTHING at all!

Frequent Contributor

Where is Alberti? Have not seen him lately.

Frequent Contributor

I don't get the chance to watch QVC and mainly shop online, however I don't understand why people feel the need to post negative comments about the hosts.  I just think it's mean-spirited. 

They are all human beings with families, loved ones, etc.  Let's all try a little kindness. 

I live near one of the hosts and have seen this person out and about a few times.  They seem very nice and down to earth (I'm going to be respectful and not give out the name of the host or area). 

Also, if people don't like a particular host or guest, then change the channel!!!!  That would solve alot of problems. 

Honored Contributor

I have the Q on in the background most days.  I have done this for years.  I really doubt that most of the negative posters (toward the hosts) would actually say these things to their faces if they had the chance.  It is so easy to hide behind a screen and write scathing remarks.  Everyone is different.  All personalities don't mesh.  It would sadden me if someone wrote some of these remarks about my daughter, sister, DH, etc. 

I have had the pleasure to meet Jackie Gonzales, Carolyn Gracie, David Venable, Stan Herman, Angel from Quacker, and several of the models.  They are all great people.  Why degrade a fellow human being just because you don't like the sound of their voice, their clothing, their hair, on and on and on???

I think if someone feels the need to write these negative put downs, write them!!!  AND then hit CANCEL!!  No one will be hurt and you won't be feeding the negativity that is rampant in this world.  It's a shopping channel forum, lighten up.  What is wrong with being nice?

Fear not Brothers and Sisters! I have read THE BOOK..........we win!!!
Honored Contributor

@Twoshop  Alberti is no longer on QVC. He was moved to be host of BEAUTY IQ. I miss him. Thought he was one of the best and not always looking for beauty on that other channel.