Esteemed Contributor

I signed up for & cancelled a Q Card in the same day 🤣

After all these years, I decided to go for that $50 credit on a future purchase if I sign up for and make a purchase on a Q Card.

Right after signing up for the card and getting my credit limit, I went to QVC's website and tried to place an order.  There was one item in my shopping cart and when I clicked "place order" it took me to a screen to verify my billing/mailing address.  I was surprised to see that the system had auto-filled someone else's name and address in the billing/shipping boxes.  That other person shares my last name but not my first name or address.

I changed the address and first name to my name and address and clicked "place order."  I was taken to a screen that said it looks like some changes had been made, so click here to update.  I clicked to update and was taken back to my shopping cart.  I clicked "place an order" and that other person's name and address were on my billing/shipping boxes again.  

Went through 3 cycles of that and called Q Card to see if anything had been billed to my account and if the order went through.  Nothing had been billed to my account, nobody else is listed on my account, and according to the rep at Q Card, it sounds like there's something going on at QVC's website. 🤔  If someone else's name and address are auto-filling when I place an order, does this mean my name/address are showing up when someone else orders?

This is the first time I've ever tried to place an online order at QVC. In the past I've always ordered by phone.  I'm sure there are thousands (millions?) of happy Q Card customers and happy online customers, but I think I'll just stick to automated phone ordering and using one of my other cards.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I signed up for & cancelled a Q Card in the same day 🤣

You may have rushed the system by immediately placing an order.  It takes time for computers to verify you and your information.

However, from many  complaints - it's best to not get involved with QVC's credit card deal.  It can be a heartache you don't need.

Honored Contributor

After years with the new q card system they cannot get my last name right.  They spell my last name with the wrong letter of the alphabet, and the rest is just gibberish  i have tried to strighten it out.  They cant change it...or don't know how.    qvc and the credit card company are not the same.  The q has the worst computer system, 

Honored Contributor

@wildcat fan - That is a serious security breach, if they're autofilling in someone else's name and address.

You're wise to cancel the card immediately.  During 25 years working in I.T., I never saw an error like that!  Matching on nothing more than the last name?  I'd hate to think, if your last name was Smith.

And if I had a Q-Card and was reading this, I'd be very worried.  I'd also be reporting it.

Valued Contributor

Like you I'd been looking at the QCard for a long time but after researching it on line and reading about other people's issues with it, I said NOPE!  I'll either do easy pay or do without.  The $50 carrot they dangle in front of you just isn't worth it for me. As for on-line ordering, that's the only way I order now and have never had a problem.  My only complaint about ordering in general, whether via phone or on-line, is that if I change my mind, even within 15 minutes sometimes, orders can't be cancelled.