Respected Contributor

Re: I returned packages day before storm; they are late

A very brisk CS person told me she wouldn't leave packages at a UPS store, she would take them to the P.O.

Saying I left them at a UPS store muddies the waters. I don't know why but this UPS store has a mailbox and everyone in the neighborhood puts their letters in it and piles their packages next to it.

I've been doing this since QVC has offered their own labels. I've also left packages with prepaid labels from other vendors.

This is an UPS store and you can send mail there as well as UPS packages. I have on occasion when I'm in a hurry because it's generally a half hour wait. I have two packages to return now and am concerned. My mailman comes at various times and I usually miss him. Also we have a lot of substitutes who refuse to ring my bell.

And we're expecting another foot!

Respected Contributor

The brisk CS woman told me that officially they had to wait twelve days before anything can be done. That's their policy.

Trusted Contributor

I do agree, in the future I'd take them to the PO or HAND them to a UPS person. Our PO has a box for packages inside the lobby. Most items, unless they are very large, fit. If not, they also have a place inside the service area where you can leave items with preprinted labels. So even if you're in a hurry, you don't have to stand in line. But I'm thinking your items could very well have been stolen, if your mailbox is as you describe, hopefully not. Returns do take some time to post, especially since the Q is dealing with bad weather issues of their own. They said they'd give you a refund, so they will, it may just take some time.
Honored Contributor

Well.....as someone who has sent back many, many packages, I can tell you that QVC has always been very fair to me.

I sent back things I'd bought during the Christmas in July sales (remember, they said we could send them back by end of Jan 2015 because they were bought for Christmas.

Well, they didn't fit or weren't liked. I sent them back in December and January and got credit for them.

If there is a problem with something I've sent back (not often) then I've received a QVC credit.

One reason I only shop at QVC is because they are willing to take things back (when I've definitely made an effort to follow the rules).

There have been maybe 2 times when I didn't receive a product. I called QVC and they resent the product (it wasn't expensive).

They sent me an email and said they'd looked into it and there wasn't a problem and thanked me for shopping with them.

It's all about the law of averages. Think about all they sell in just minutes. Most people are honest. QVC knows that.

I'm sure you have nothing to worry about. Just keep track of things. I've found where they/the computer has made a few mistakes here and there.

Respected Contributor

I've tried posting here twice. My post is not appearing. I'm curious who the third party shipper is who does returns. That means the postal people give them to someone else?

Frequent Contributor

I always ask for a USPS home pick up when using the return labels. My postman then picks them up. I get an email saying they are on their way back to QVC. It's convenient, free and I make the request via the internet so I have proof of my request for pickup.
Esteemed Contributor

On 2/6/2015 NickNack said:

Just so you'll know in the future, when you use QVC's return label you can still get a receipt for dropping it off. UPS gives you a receipt with the tracking # if you ask for it.

Not always. The post office by my job will not give you a receipt. The post office closer to my home will. I don't understand it myself. I would think that their would be one standard policy.

Respected Contributor

The post office near me does not give a receipt.

The problem with my packages that the Q didn't get is THEY WERE NOT SCANNED BY THE POSTAL PEOPLE. It wouldn't matter if I requested a p/u via internet, etc. If they are not scanned at the original destination there never enter the system.

I will request a p/u for the two items I have now that I am exchanging for different sizes. I want this done before Feb 17 when the new S&H fees go into place. After that date it will cost more for exchanges. Actually, there will be no "exchanges," you will be returning one item and buying another in a different size or color.

Respected Contributor

The problem with my packages that the Q didn't get is THEY WERE NOT SCANNED BY THE POSTAL PEOPLE. It wouldn't matter if I requested a p/u via internet, etc. If they are not scanned at the original destination there never enter the system.

I will request a p/u for the two items I have now that I am exchanging for different sizes. I want this done before Feb 17 when the new S&H fees go into place. After that date it will cost more for exchanges. Actually, there will be no "exchanges," you will be returning one item and buying another in a different size or color.

Honored Contributor

On 2/7/2015 lavendar said:

I always ask for a receipt for my returns, including those sent by prepaid labels-UPS and USPS, and they always provide it. Sometimes if the line is long at the post office, esp during lunchtime, the clerk will suggest to just leave the package on the counter, but I decline telling them I need the receipt & will gladly wait for it. It's the only way to have a written confirmation that the package is in the system and to be able to track it immediately . My last return to Q sat at my post office for 5 business days waiting for Q's agent--def the slowest return cycle of all the shopping channels. Hopefully for the OP, the package is in the system, just delayed due to weather.

The hottest places in hell are reserved for those who, in times of great moral crisis, maintain their neutrality ~  Dante Alighieri