Valued Contributor

Re: I removed the QVC channel from my TV guide..and I’m feeling good!

@fthunt thank you, respected contributor, for your opinion.

Valued Contributor

@Bhvbum Removing it from the T.V. Prevents me from getting "sucked in" to tuning in. How many shoppers purchase on impulse? Even the best of us do and then regret it later on. We get sucked in to the hype and find when we get it, that's it not at all like the hype it was presented with. With it gone, I don't see it and don't turn to it. The desire of the eyes is what gets us initially. With the IPad, I will have to think about going on to QVC. That is happening less and less.

Trusted Contributor

@hooked on books  ..... Your post was nice. Too bad @Styleovertrend  didn't listen and felt the need to reply with their own "snarky comment". 

Trusted Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg, thanks for your kind post! 😀
Trusted Contributor

@hooked on books  ....... Hey, stranger! How is your husband?

Valued Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg @hooked on books maybe you misread my response. I dont mind the snarky comments. They make me laugh...so how was that a snarky reply. I appreciated her telling others to chill.

Trusted Contributor

@Styleovertrend  ...... I did not accuse @hooked on books  as making any "snarky comment". I don't think @hooked on books  has ever made a "snarky comment " that I know of. She is one of the few posters that always seems to have a positive attitude.

I was referring to your last couple of posts ....  like the one to @fthunt . They just came across to me as "snarky". As has been suggested, if you were joking you might want to put a happy face beside your comments so that we know you are joking.

Regular Contributor

@hooked on books thank you for posting this.  Gosh, so much meanness.   I removed Q from my TV also, have only bought one thing since Christmas and my bill is paid off.  @Styleovertrend good for you!!!  

Esteemed Contributor

How does one "remove" a channel from their tv?

Did you call your cable provider and ask them to remove it?

Is it no longer there when you look at your listings?

I didn't know that one could pick and choose what to have on their line-up.

Let me know how one gets a channel physically removed from their listing guide, because there are some channels that I would ove to have removed from my listings.

Maybe then my cable bill will go down.

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Trusted Contributor

@Sheila P-Burg, thanks so much for asking! Hubby is doing well right now! I'm also the sole caregiver for my 84 year old mother so things can get stressful sometimes, that's for sure!!! Keeping a very close eye on both of them, as are their doctors!!
Styleovertrend, no worries, I'm glad that snarky posters make you laugh and don't hurt your feelings! It actually is funny sometimes, how predictable people can be with their attitudes and posts! 😀😀