Esteemed Contributor

I remember when Lunchtime Specials were specials

While I realize that everything has gone up, I remember when the Lunchtime Specials were low priced. Now it seems like 10-20% off. Not enough to tempt me anymore.

Trusted Contributor

Re: I remember when Lunchtime Specials were specials

[ Edited ]

@Effie54 wrote:

While I realize that everything has gone up, I remember when the Lunchtime Specials were low priced. Now it seems like 10-20% off. Not enough to tempt me anymore.

The items that I just looked at were at least fifty percent off.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Esteemed Contributor

@paixmcdao wrote:

@Effie54 wrote:

The items that I just looked at were at least fifty percent off.

The items I was interested in or only 10 to 20% off.

Honored Contributor

And I remember those shows where just a few minutes was spent on each item,not 30 minutes.

Valued Contributor

So True, lunch time  specials use to be interesting and woirth purchasing....they have screwed that up also.  QVC wsas not really broken so why are you  messing with it now so put it it bsack the way it  was and bring back the hosts you got rid of for these screaming and dancying ladies.

Occasional Contributor

I find the Lunchtime Specials hit or miss.  I look at them daily because I love finding a good deal.  I see items that are put on lunchtime specials multiple times, and I think to myself, does QVC really want to get rid of this item?  I mean, if it didn't sell the first 4 times you had it on there, maybe that's a clue you need to lower the cost.  Would love if Lunchtime Specials always had Free Shipping.

I'm sorry, this is off topic, but the idea just popped in my mind while thinking of Lunchtime Specials.  What gets me, are the "As Is" prices.  Someone at QVC needs to review these because many times they are higher than the same item that is brand new!!!  Boggles my mind, lol.

Trusted Contributor

I agree with everyone.  I have always liked to check the LTS's and have snagged a good deal here and there.  I remember when there were only 12 items (not 2-3 pages of them) and they were true specials.

LIke some have said here, there are items that are repeated often now (just can't get rid of them, I guess).  Also, they may add a few news items each day, but mostly they are the same LTS's all week--not as much incentive to tune in to check them out.

It has been a very long time since I have been tempted by a LTS.

Gloria 

Regular Contributor

I totally agree. I used to check them and got some nice values. Now they are just dumb and I don't bother anymore. Why do they want to destroy this channel.