Honored Contributor

I realize the world doesn't revolve around me....

.....  but why, if the Q has a dedicated beauty channel (so I've heard), must they dedicate a whole day to beauty programming on their regular channel.

(And why does it always fall on a day when I'm planning to be home doing house projects?) Woman LOL

Respected Contributor

Re: I realize the world doesn't revolve around me....

???  I don't even know why they have a dedicated beauty channel at all.

Valued Contributor

LOL

These all day events are so boring

Honored Contributor

The multi-billion beauty industry is growing even bigger, and QVC has stated in their annual investor meetings that they are ramping up their beauty offerings even more.  Makes perfect sense, they want a bigger % of those billions.  Thus, their Beauty channel was born.  I am not at all surprised that they double-down on beauty (all-day beauty events on the regular channel) on some days.  It's a business.

Respected Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

The multi-billion beauty industry is growing even bigger, and QVC has stated in their annual investor meetings that they are ramping up their beauty offerings even more.  Makes perfect sense, they want a bigger % of those billions.  Thus, their Beauty channel was born.  I am not at all surprised that they double-down on beauty (all-day beauty events on the regular channel) on some days.  It's a business.

Guess that explains it.  $$$$$$$ is the driving factor.

Honored Contributor

I like even love beauty products, but I think they spend too much time on too few products on the all day programming 

Honored Contributor

Everyone doesn't get the beauty channel!

Honored Contributor

I like beauty products too but after60 nothing seems to help the passage of time.I think that only medical help will change my face for the better now.I have spent so much money and have realized that as of yet there is no magic.

Super Contributor

When the Q has fashion all day ppl complain ! I for one do not care for certain shows like Itkwd or the food show's that I would watch hosts eating for hours on end. Nor do I enjoy any of the products on the shop or at home with Dan but yes the beauty industry is a Billion dollar business and aside from philosophy I believe that the Q tries to keep bringing in new brands to the customers to keep things current. There are many fashion brands I do not watch but that is what the program guide is for.
Super Contributor

I suggest respectfully that you tune into a home improvement channel then because I would bet beauty is the largest money market for the Q