Honored Contributor

Re: I passed out just before midnight last night and...

@Jo1313    They're called Discoball Snowmen, and also Discoball Santa, so they look just like she intended them to look.  

Honored Contributor

@PamHeet wrote:
@rockygems123I agree. It seems a shame to throw all of those things away. I can’t imagine not being able to find any takers at all. I have also been to estate sales, and people will buy almost anything. Things that really do look like they belong in the trash, or mystery “lots” where you don’t know what in the world you’re getting…they all sell. I have to believe if you’ve got a bunch of nice decorations - especially if they’re still in their boxes - that you could definitely find someone who would want them.

@PamHeet 

i agree! i live in an area where you can pretty much sell anything or give stuff away. i belong to a few of the "buy nothing" groups on facebook and also belong to my "nextdoor" group. you can put literally ANYTHING on there and people will come and take them if you offer them super cheap or for free! we use it often and find it a good way to pay it forward for those who may be in need. 

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

@Shanus I saw last night Fierce home decor from Mally.Omg,is she really serious?

Valued Contributor

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

@Jo1313    They're called Discoball Snowmen, and also Discoball Santa, so they look just like she intended them to look.  

Sorry I didn't hear the name when I switched the tv on..

Hope the glue used on the little pieces is strong..

In any case they are not for me..JMO

Honored Contributor

@LizzieInSRQ wrote:

@Carmie sooooo as i understand it, you pretty much insult the intelligence and character of anyone who shops for holiday items because you have experience with a few hoarder friends and or relatives.  Got it. 

Honestly, I don't care how people spend their money.  

I just have to bite my tongue when they whine about the cost of things and also having too much stuff.

Oh, they also buy stuff in June and July and forget they bought it or where they put it.  Not my worry.

Honored Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@PamHeet wrote:
@rockygems123I agree. It seems a shame to throw all of those things away. I can’t imagine not being able to find any takers at all. I have also been to estate sales, and people will buy almost anything. Things that really do look like they belong in the trash, or mystery “lots” where you don’t know what in the world you’re getting…they all sell. I have to believe if you’ve got a bunch of nice decorations - especially if they’re still in their boxes - that you could definitely find someone who would want them.

@PamHeet 

i agree! i live in an area where you can pretty much sell anything or give stuff away. i belong to a few of the "buy nothing" groups on facebook and also belong to my "nextdoor" group. you can put literally ANYTHING on there and people will come and take them if you offer them super cheap or for free! we use it often and find it a good way to pay it forward for those who may be in need. 

I was forced to clean out a home in August.  My brother and sister helped me along with some of my nephews.

My family, friends and neighbors took most of the household items....we sold some on Facebook Mkt. Place, held two yard sales..one was a neighborhood sale.

I couldn't get rid of most of the Christmas and Easter decor.  My sister and I took it to Goodwill, Community Aid and Salavation Army and they all turned us away. They only took clothing and household items....no holiday stuff.

I gave a few expensive items away to kids who liked them at a yard sale, but their mothers weren't interested and wouldn't let them have more than one item. Some wouldn't let them take anything saying they didn't need more holiday stuff.

I called an auction company, they didn't want it either.  I took a few pieces home and my sister took some things she liked. The nursing home took some small snowmen decor and we were stuck with the rest.

Almost everything was in an individual cardboard box lined with solid styrofoam that was custom cut to fit each item by surrounding it. It was pristine.

Maybe if I had more time to clean things out, I could have found a buyer or another collector, but I had no choice.  The lady, who is not a family member, was in a nursing home and her house needed to be sold ASAP to pay her bills.

I, as her POA, was getting calls from her case worker wanting money.  Once the house was sold, they called me two days later and demanded money....before the three days it takes for the check to clear. They accused me of stealing it, even though I showed them the closing papers and deposit slip for the check.

Trust me.  It wasn't fun.

I gave a lot of stuff away, but very few people wanted the holiday stuff...except for the Halloween and fall things.  Her neighbor a few doors up took most of that.

I posted about this back when I was looking for someone who wanted this stuff...so, you know I am telling the truth.

BTW, there were  hundreds of small glass tree ornaments collected throughout a lifetime, all meaningful and expensive, some antique. They were stored in a box wrapped individually in paper.  Someone wanted them, because they stole them.

The owner promised them to my daughter, but she never got them.

I wish they would have taken the rest of the stuff too. If you enjoy things, you should buy them.  But, when you spend a lot of money and run out of room to display it all, it is sad to have to get rid of it, and even worse if someone else has to.

I only buy holiday stuff that can be consumed...like food and candles and maybe flowers.

I don't care if others buy and buy.  It's your money.  Enjoy.

Honored Contributor

@Jo1313 wrote:

@Caaareful Shopper wrote:

Sorry I didn't hear the name when I switched the tv on..

Hope the glue used on the little pieces is strong..

In any case they are not for me..JMO

Smiley Happy @Jo1313  I like Mally very much, but her decor style is not for me either.

Honored Contributor

I love Christmas time, so I feel that it's over before I'm prepared.  So maybe year-round.  Heaven only knows with all the horribleness going on out in the world, I'd take a year-round feeling of the Christmas season  Now I just need to dig out the music.  LOL

Respected Contributor

I thought Mally’s line was fun. It’s not aesthetic, but not everything is.
Super Contributor

I'm fine with Mally, but no Fierce for me. It's not my idea of Christmas.