Respected Contributor

Re: I miss.....

[ Edited ]

@Vivian Florimond @DiAnne

Louis Dell Olio still brings us great items of clothing for the budget he is given by QVC.  I still own a lot of his haute couture clothing from his Anne Klein days.  Some does not fit me anymore, but the clothing is so beautiful and timeless that I cannot part with all that I own.  The blouses alone are collector's items.  There is a reason he is a 3 Time Coty Award Winner (oscar of fashion) as well as a Coty Hall of Fame honoree.  He is absolutely the most honored and talented designer on QVC.  I appreciate his ability for working in cheaper fabrics and still giving us the benefit of his talent and versatility.  Over the weekend I wore a gorgeous Armani Collezioni beaded gray jacket, a vintage Anne Klein (Louis Dell Olio designer) couture wrap silver charmeuse blouse with his Linea gray slim ankle pants with appropriate silver heels and bag. I have owned the vintage blouse for at least 30+ years and it looks as good as when I first purchased.  No one would have guessed that my Linea pants were $49. This is why Louis is such a talented designer - versatility!

I also miss Lisa Robertson on QVC.  She was well spoken, classy and knew how to create excitement in products.

Contributor

Motto, Modern Soul, Leslie Blodgett and Lisa R.....sigh.

Frequent Contributor

I miss the 50 in 50 shows.  That's when I began watching and saw Jeanne Bice!  Still have the shirt I bought with the pretty button covers!

Esteemed Contributor

I have an Ombre t-shirt from Sport Savvy which is my favorite. The fit, the fabric, the color, well...you just can't find one like it. I only wish I had bought a dozen of them.

Contributor

I miss SG original peachskin. I still own a few pieces that I baby.  The old liquid knit and her tunics and t's that were 95 cotton 5%spandex.  The newer stuff within in the last 5 yrs is already gone to donation.  Also, old D&C leggings, a velour dress they made and the older tops. Very hard to find a quality fabric on Q or Brick & Mortar that is substantial anymore.

Worry does not empty tomorrow of its sorrow. It empties today of its strength.....Corrie ten Boom
Respected Contributor

I miss fashion items that fit based on their measurements.  I still have some items from 12-24 years ago from Susan Graver and others that still fit, but no matter what brand or size I order now, it just doesn't fit.

Honored Contributor

Victor Costa, Pamela Dennis, and Indigo Moon. IMO, just a few of the best that I miss....excellent quality!

~H~
Honored Contributor

I miss the Quality and the Value.

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Esteemed Contributor

Well, there is Mary Beth, Jane, Pat, Jayne, Carolyn, Mary, Antonella, Leah....They are prime time, mature and not too thin?  I think it may be a pretty even split? 

Esteemed Contributor

@Miranda1550 wrote:

With all the criticism  QVC is still the best Shopping Channel.  I agree  with the comments about  new hosts they are silly, and do not concentrate on the products.  I watch to shop, not to listen to the inane comments.  Shawn with her poor Grammar, and mispronunciation drives me crazy.

...and all that host nonsense uses valuable time they could be helping the customer by giving pertinent information in order to make the correct size, like rize, inseam, fabric, where the waist falls. This would help the customer make less returns and spend more money until the purchase is no longer worth it.

I've noticed there are less "return" letters going out. My sense is the returns are now making the Q money and they don't mind so much any more.