Esteemed Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

@BalletBabe wrote:

@I am appleblossom wrote:

QVC has become very mod and caters to the young in fashions.  Even the hosts do not dress classicly they wear jeans and jeans and...,.  They have no one that can match Lisa Robertson's presence in manners, and in social graces and in styling. Sorry  to see this happen.

@I am appleblossom   I disagree.  I think Sandra Bennett is just as beautiful and classy as LR was. Courtney another beautiful host.  

I tend to think that while there are other pretty hosts, there isn't, in my opinion, another that has Lisa's 'stage presence' and certainly there aren't any that have as solid a TV speaking voice as she had. That said, even before she left I was tuning out a lot more because of the merchandise. I did often watch her shows because I found her enjoyable despite the merchandise and there isn't a single current host that will draw me just to see what might be on. At the end of the day, it's the merchandise that has driven me away, though the current norm in presentation style doesn't help draw me in at all.

I found Lisa to be unwatchable her last few years with the amazing Madison Avenue ladies who lunch routine.  I agree with you about the merchandise.  There was a time when it was all about the products--many unique things and great prices.  That's what I miss.  Now it's more about the hosts and while they appear to have lots of inventory online, seems only a few are elevated to air time but they get stuck on a continuous loop.

Esteemed Contributor

Thank you, @wildcat fan.  Like you, I didn't see the attraction to Lisa R then or now.  

And I repeat that I feel that QVC is trying very hard to attract the younger crowd (which is expected), and we long-time customers who are getting older are being ignored.  Businesses tend to do that.  They'd rather get new customers than keep the old ones - which has always seemed backwards to me.  All the perks, like discounts, are only offered to new customers.  "Trendy" is replacing quality.  Times change.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Honored Contributor

@tototwo wrote:

Thank you, @wildcat fan.  Like you, I didn't see the attraction to Lisa R then or now.  

And I repeat that I feel that QVC is trying very hard to attract the younger crowd (which is expected), and we long-time customers who are getting older are being ignored.  Businesses tend to do that.  They'd rather get new customers than keep the old ones - which has always seemed backwards to me.  All the perks, like discounts, are only offered to new customers.  "Trendy" is replacing quality.  Times change.  

I don't see anything on Q that would attract Younger people.  I do believe that Q did change when Lisa Robertson left.  I use to watch a lot.  Now I seldom watch.  The Q2 I think I tried to watch once and did not understand why there are 2 channels and HSN has 2 channels as well.

Contributor

Miss it too! looked forward to the fall fashion day in October. Corduroy jackets and cotton rich garments. Now it seems Poly rayon span is the norm. Now most of it is made overseas and catered to the younger crowd. Celebrety worship is also constant. "Al of my celebrity clients use this etc." seems to be a constant.

the 80s and 90ties were good quality merchandise and the shows informative and fun.Even Christmas was entertaining some Hosts had cooking shows. lots of Christmas music.....

I still buy some Denim &* Co clothing bult they have the polyester craze going on too.The designer have different ideas these days and customers are buying ... still have quite  a lot of Clothing from the older Denim &Co items.

things will neve go back times are changing in every aspect. Kathy Levine was great, Joan Rives, Pat JD and hef gold shows and many hosts that have left I miss.