Honored Contributor

Re: I miss the Old Days!

[ Edited ]

To be sure, they aren't what they used to be and sadly, short of a change in management, probably never will be again.

What we're missing is variety. Pure and simple.

They simply lack variety, especially with regard to their programming, which is dull and repetitive.

I don't care what their aim is, mine is to enjoy shopping, and if they make it nearly impossible to do so while they pursue their 'aim', well, they aren't the only game in town.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

For me the issue is change in quality. Tastes may change but quality never should. When I get a quality product from QVC these days I am now pleasantly surprised. Too often, I am disappointed a lot more than I used to be years ago when opening those QVC packages.

Frequent Contributor

Kachina624, do you work for QVC???  You sure sound like you do!!!

Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Before they select merchandise to sell, companies like QVC do extensive market research.  Jewelry sales are off nationwide so they're cutting back on the shows and the lines they carry.  The tastes of the buying public changes.  Sweaters like the ones Jeanne Bice once sold are now rather a joke.  Valerie's offerings are now a lot more sophisticated than fill-a-bowls.

Just for information purposes - While the Sweaters of QF yesteryear may be considered "a joke"..... they sell like hotcakes on the secondary market (used).  So do her older T-Shirts and Sweatshirts.... so there is still a market out there albeit (I'm guessing) NOT an embarrassed one.... LOL!   

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
Valued Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:

Before they select merchandise to sell, companies like QVC do extensive market research.  Jewelry sales are off nationwide so they're cutting back on the shows and the lines they carry.  The tastes of the buying public changes.  Sweaters like the ones Jeanne Bice once sold are now rather a joke.  Valerie's offerings are now a lot more sophisticated than fill-a-bowls.

I don't feel that the sweaters Jean Bice sold are a joke.  I have some cute sweaters that have the design knitted into the sweater.  What I think is a joke are all the items with sequins and crystals!  But I know plenty of people like them, just not for me.  The really nice sweaters were the Storybook Knits offerings.

Saving one dog won’t change the world, but it will surely change the world for that one dog
Richard C. Call