Contributor

I miss diamonique colors (pink, yellow, green , blue etc. ) I miss the soy candle sets Valerie Parr Hill used to peddle.  I miss the Fill a bowl's., Quacker novelty sweaters.... All the cute stuff from the older years..  Too much high priced dumb things..   All day long on  today's special value sometimes gets boring..  How about maybe every 2-3 hours?? 

Sometimes "if it aint broke, don't fix it"  really is the best way..  

Honored Contributor

Before they select merchandise to sell, companies like QVC do extensive market research.  Jewelry sales are off nationwide so they're cutting back on the shows and the lines they carry.  The tastes of the buying public changes.  Sweaters like the ones Jeanne Bice once sold are now rather a joke.  Valerie's offerings are now a lot more sophisticated than fill-a-bowls.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

Re: I miss the Old Days!

[ Edited ]

You know I don't think we are longing for a particular item or items, but I could be mistaken.  What I think you are nostalgic for is a "TV store" that presents new and exciting items that appeal to many, things that are priced affordably, a variety and I miss that as well but what I miss more is the fact that the store has been relegated to less new stock, fewer exciting products, higher prices in order to make a profit because everything went up but the average shopper's wages and the readily available jobs.  Jobs are a premium.  People are unable to be mobile in the economy now because the average person is living in fear of losing a job that he/she feels fortunate to have.  

The store is no longer well stocked because making money involves spending money but in order to get a return, the storehouse must have customers and truly, there are fewer customers.  About half the public is on public assistance, and the economy is devastated. 

I think this is a permanent state for us, so we must be litte treasure hunters and find that or those items we can afford, that appeal to us.  Granted, the programming is geared toward those who were not impacted by the stockmarket or the loss of jobs as so many were.

It is sad for shoppers at QVC who have been levied to the kind of programming now available.  But what is worse is that there are so many out there who would love to shop and cannot afford it, would love to have a few pretties from time to time but that is not the case.  

I am blessed to have as much and still have as much as I do and my heart goes out to others who do not.  I wish there was something I could do to make things "the way we were..."

Occasional Contributor

i too agee that sometimes the old ways are better. iam tired of seeing the same shows over and over. every time  i watch its wen, issac mizeriti, over and over. there needs to be a variety for everyone. it seems like if you really like someone you never see their show. and yes, less time spent on the todays specal value would be nice.

Honored Contributor

I agree that QVC's programming now is just plain boring.  I don't bother watching much anymore.  Even the brands I like, I generally just record and then fast-forward through.

I'm very glad I bought things years ago that were excellent quality and very good value.

Most of the stuff the Q sells now, I can get elsewhere for less.  Way too generic and repetitive.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I miss the Old Days!

[ Edited ]

Speaking of the colored Diamonique, one of my favorite rings from QVC is many years old, a nice sized tanzanite color in the center and a clear Diamonique on each side. Still wear it and still get compliments on it. The tanzanite colored stone is deeper and richer in blues/violets/reds than two real ones I have. My second favorite Diamonique, also many years old looks like a bow tie, two nice sized Diamonique stones make up the bow part. Both are done in 14K gold.

Esteemed Contributor

The amount of time that they give the TSV is ridiculous these days.....

Respected Contributor

@Nataliesgramma wrote:

The amount of time that they give the TSV is ridiculous these days.....

Remember when the deals were so good that the TSV would be sold out before noon EST and the rest of the day were fun OTO's ?!?!?

I remember more than once waiting up until mid-night to place my order on a great make-up kit to ensure I would get my color choice because I knew by the morning it would be gone.  Now I barely think to check the TSV.

Trusted Contributor

Under new management - I think the aim is to present products that come in large quantities and so vendors that can fill the bill get the air time.  I notice how much Valerie Parr Hill has adapted to this new model.  Other vendors who only bring a small amount of product are out.  That's why we don't see Jim Shore that much anymore.  Evem the TSV is a set of dishes that can be ordered in quantity.  So remember bigger is better with this new management team.

Frequent Contributor
I was talking about this with my niece this weekend. We are close in age and we used to take Big Bonanza Silver Day off work, start watching at midnight and watch all day. I got some great silver pieces back then. Still wear my Eclissi (sp?) watch. Before she was married, we'd watch Diamonique with KL on new year's eve. Heck, I even miss them digging the pearl out of those cans that made such a mess. I don't watch that much anymore. I shop mostly online.