Respected Contributor

Re: I’m so BORED...

[ Edited ]

I agree 100%.  I don't often watch either channel and just watch the videos for products in which I'm interested.  And both channels now have TSV's that are expensive for the most part.  Either you have to buy 2 of something or they're just plain old expensive.  And TSV's repeat, repeat, repeat!  Rarely anything new, interesting, or even affordable.  

Honored Contributor

I also dislike the showing of the same products on both channels.  Both channels are getting totally boring.  I am watching less and buying less.  Also, with QVC it takes 5 or so days for an item to ship.  With other sites I use, items ship the same day.

Honored Contributor

@Dawnie wrote:

@Loveshawaii 

Totally agree with your post. Too much. Can’t keep track who’s on what!  Too much overlap. I liked the separate channels. Now it a conglomeration of the same products being shoved down my throat!  

I am also buying less and less. 

I started watching HSN when Lisa R. left QVC and I really enjoyed that channel.  The hosts were good and they had lots ov variety.  I discovered Victoria Weick on that channel and Andrew Lessman.  It has changed so much that I reallly don't watch Q or HSN.  There are certain products that I will order from time to time on Q but I go on line.  I am really liking JTV.  I have ordered several rings in the last few months and I like all of them.Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

On QVC, I mainly watch SG and LDO.  On HSN, I watch their craft shows and cooking shows when they have professional chefs on.  And I enjoy the Beekman guys on HSN, especially when they are pair with a certain host (sorry, I can't recall her name but I believe she might have previously been on Evine).  Beyond that, I no longer watch all that much of either (and none of Evine or any other shopping channel).

Respected Contributor

@Loveshawaii   ITA, and if that weren't bad enough, When I checked my ATT U-Verse program guide yesterday (April 1), they've now added HSN-2 to it!  So now I can be bored 4 times as much as before.......Q-1, Q-2, HSN-1, and HSN-2.  I actually watch ShopLC more than any of them, though.

Laura loves cats!
Honored Contributor

I see QVC is getting a lot of new products online, many more brands not carried before.  Not sure why they keep showing the same things over and over on air.  

Trusted Contributor

I agree and problem solved, I just don't watch anymore. Especially with the nice weather now, there is just so much more to do than watch all that TV, especially when its as repetative like you just said.  

Honored Contributor

I agree ....I check the Program Guide and there's only a  few limited vendors/shows I watch anymore....QVC's redundant programming and montonous TSV showings during the same show does not entice me to watch nor buy....Woman Frustrated

1430312063475176_animate.gif

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

You’re right. As I’ve said before, I stopped watching long ago. I cannot imagine what “brilliant” Powers That Be think it’s smart to repeat, repeat, repeat the same brands and products ad nauseum. That’s the kind of “smart thinking” that helped kill bricks-and-mortar retail shopping, too. Same stuff everywhere.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I’m so BORED...

[ Edited ]

I have to agree with this thread—QVC is really missing opportunities to sell more items and retain/gain viewers through its lack of variety. And very little effort would be required to add variety; there are hundreds if not thousands of items in the Q's existing inventory that have never been aired, and there are hundreds added each week that rarely, if ever, get airtime.

As a further example, I enjoy the kitchen/cooking shows and have endured them for a long time even with all the repeated products and presentations, but there are so many shows now that I don't even try to tune in for all of them. There are lots of complaints about various hosts and guests in this category, but for me, they're not the problem. The lack of new and different products is what has made my interest wane.