Valued Contributor

I'm irritated and disgusted

[ Edited ]

I'm really irritated and disgusted with the forum members who are snarky, sarcastic and insulting towards other members.  The ones who tell people what they like or don't like to watch, watch something else, turn the channel, accuse people that they don't like a particulr vendor or host, think they know what a person's life is like, tell people what to do etc and all of the other derogatory remarks that they make, it's people like that who drive posters away.

I have tried several times to get along in this forum and although there have been many great people here lately (who I adore for their graciousness, class and maturity), the ones with the holier than though attitude who attack other members, I have no tolerance for. 

Instead of criticizing others, why don't you work on yourselves as I'm sure you're not perfect either.  There's always room for improvement where you can learn to be more sensitive, considerate and understanding.  

To the ones who made this assumption and presumption, I never said I didn't like JM.  You have no right to put words in my mouth.  You know nothing about me.  To the others who did the same, SCREW IT!  Oops, I hope you think that's okay and that didn't offend you.

BTW-EVERY SINGLE person KNOWS they don't HAVE to watch QVC.  Get a new line for goodness sakes.  Jeez.  I've seen that comment more on this forum than any other.

"I never changed, I just learned."
Respected Contributor

Re: I'm irritated and disgusted

You missed one, yesterday a member was forced to issue an apology for a comment they made, the member tried to fix it and couldn't, add the term bullying to public forums.

All part of a public forum, don't let it get the best of you.

Need thick skin to play with others.

Honored Contributor

@LilMadi wrote:

I'm really irritated and disgusted with the forum members who are snarky, sarcastic and insulting towards other members.  The ones who tell people what they like or don't like to watch, watch something else, turn the channel, accuse people that they don't like a particulr vendor or host, think they know what a person's life is like, tell people what to do etc and all of the other derogatory remarks that they make, it's people like that who drive posters away.

I have tried several times to get along in this forum and although there have been many great people here lately (who I adore for their graciousness, class and maturity), the ones with the holier than though attitude who attack other members, I have no tolerance for. 

Instead of criticizing others, why don't you work on yourselves as I'm sure you're not perfect either.  There's always room for improvement where you can learn to be more sensitive, considerate and understanding.  

To the ones who made this assumption and presumption, I never said I didn't like JM.  You have no right to put words in my mouth.  You know nothing about me.  To the others who did the same, SCREW IT!  Oops, I hope you think that's okay and that didn't offend you.

BTW-EVERY SINGLE person KNOWS they don't HAVE to watch QVC.  Get a new line for goodness sakes.  Jeez.  I've seen that comment more on this forum than any other.

@LilMadi   This entire post is criticizing others!

Respected Contributor

You can't take any of this seriously. I breeze in and out every few days to see if there are interesting topics, comment (or not) if I feel like it -- and leave. I don't get into the back-and-forth drama. Period.

Esteemed Contributor

I'll also suggest that you not take anything here (or on any forum for that matter) personally or too seriously.......hang in there!

Valued Contributor

Well,  all I can say: "who is calling the kettle black."

Now, you are the complainer, that just stooped to others levels.

Honored Contributor

@Johnnyeager wrote:

I'll also suggest that you not take anything here (or on any forum for that matter) personally or too seriously.......hang in there!

@Johnnyeager

And she should stay far, far away from Twitter.  It can get brutal over there!  

Valued Contributor

Thank you justbling, I didn't know about yesterday's event. 

I appreciate the advice. I understand what you're saying.     

IMHO, bullying should never come into play.

*LooX at her thin skin*

"I never changed, I just learned."
Trusted Contributor

If you feel that strongly and are unable to handle those that comment and disagree with you, then maybe you should choose not to participate.  You seem to have quite a few dislikes about QVC all around.  The language, the programming, the community.  I just don't get why people participate in something they don't like and then complain.

Honored Contributor

Wah, wah, wah!  You posted a few minutes ago that you were leaving for good.  Still here, huh?  

People on these forums are real people.  We all have to live with and tolerate people from all walks of life and those with different oppionis than our own.

yes, there are complainers and scarcastic people, the cry babies, the silly, the serious ones and everything in between.

As an adult, we should all have coping skills and common sense.  Some don't have them.

So do what most of us do.  We put on our big girl panties and either stay and contribute something, or take our toys out of the sandbox and go home.  It's a personal decision that each one of us makes.

Starting a post to complain about the posters will get you no where.  We have all seen that before and it' s getting old. 

You can't change people, but you can change the way you react to them.

Pull up a chair and stay a while.  You will find that most posters are really nice, caring people.  Ignore the few who are not and try not to take everything so seriously.

Just figure that not everyone is having a great day and cope.