Honored Contributor

Re: I'm done ordering anything ever again on QVC

@kaydee50 wrote:

@DooneyGal2   Lunchtime specials supposedly are available from 11 am to 4 pm EDT time.  BUT at 7 am CDT I type in Lunchtime Special in the "what can we help you discover" area and most of the time they are already there.  The price as far as I know does expire by 4 pm EDT.

@kaydee50  - You can pull the Lunchtime Specials at 1:00 am also.

Respected Contributor

What I don't like about all the home shopping channels is they won't combine shipping charges if you order multiple items because it's all packaged together. Other than that, I find QVC rates a lot cheaper than many online retailers. One clothing place I've bought from in the past charges 8.99 to ship one item and that's for standard shipping! And many retailers will only offer free shipping if you place orders of $50 and up --- for many of us, we don't order that much to even qualify so that's a waste of money.

Imho there are plenty of things to knock the Q on but shipping isn't one of them. Especially when you can return large orders and only pay one charge for easy returns.

Contributor

I agree with your comments.  My reason to threaten boycotting QVC is the on-line checkout process.  I DESPISE the auto-fill (call it auto-force) use of their QVC card.  My use of QVC has dropped dramatically, but when I do ordersomething (I returned this month to scout out Lennox ornament specials), I do not like that I need to take care and re-select use of my credit card and re-select one-time payment.  THIS is very annoying.  I do not understand why a retailer would not honor what the buyer prefers and skip the payment method suto-filling.  You are right, and I never thought I'd say it publically, but I prefer Amazon, for dozens of reasons.  Happy Blursday!

Respected Contributor

I used to prefer Amazon but no more. What has happened with them?  Used to be they'd ship out immediately & I'd get my orders fast--not anymore.  Have been waiting forever for an order--they apparently have gone with super-cheap & slow shipping now. 

Respected Contributor

@mktdaisy wrote:

I finally decided I am not going to pay the outrageous shipping costs to return QVC items.

$6.95 + 3.50 = $10.45. That is ridiculous and I am going back to Amazon for everything.

I'll make sure everyone I know understands how much this theft costs them in the long run.  QVC sells too many products from China and too many items that have been returned by other customers. 

blah blah blah blah...

Super Contributor

@DooneyGal2 I put them all in one box and use one of the prepaid labels for one of the items I'm returning. Others have posted that if you put several items together for a return they only charge 1 fee.

@Styleovertrend thanks for the info -
I'm guessing you throw in all the various return slips in the one box as well? There might be a time where I have as an example, 2 different clothing items I need to return along with some other small-ish item (pair of shoes), that come in those pesky plastic bags lol, so maybe just put them in their respective bags with their return slips in each bag, etc?
The one thing that worries me is how poorly some returns are processed now, might complicate or mess up getting all of them processed properly.
Thanks so much for any assistance or thoughts!!
Valued Contributor

I never had received anything used before that I know of. I just could not believe the pants. If I had really liked the top I would have kept it. I think it was just washed. I have seen others saying they have seen a rise on receiving used items. Kleenex in pockets etc. I am not going to stop buying anything from QVC but I think I will watch out for things that have been in inventory for a long time.

Respected Contributor

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@hellodali wrote:

As the saying goes:

This is not an airport.  You do not need to announce your departure.

Bye-bye!

This was so snarky and completely unnecessary. 

@Ladybug724 Well thank you for your opinion.  However, that is what it is your opinion.  Obviously you need to find your sense of humor.  If you don't like what I said then just move on.  I find your response totally unnecessary too!

Valued Contributor

Yes people are rude. I pass over the mean posts. I admit I have had it with inconsistent sizing. Even ordered two pants same size & color & one was at least a size smaller. It seems to be happening more often. I don't need anymore clothes. If I find something very unique I may try something. Returns are so slow your size is gone by the time it's processed. Way too much to throw $11.00 out the window. I don't need ezpay so on the last free shipping day I got some utensils for the kitchen.  I needed some new silicone spatulas to go with my new Curtis Stone pots & pans. HSN has free shipping & many 20% or free shipping days. 

Contributor

[ Edited ]

@lourdes0725   Welcome to the forums.  I am still fairly new here as well, and I haven't come across a mean person yet.  Most all of us just want a place to chat a bit, maybe vent - just life as usual...again, stick around and welcome to the chat, I think you will find lots of good conversations. Smiley Very Happy