Respected Contributor

Re: I'm done ordering anything ever again on QVC

Feedback to QVC on why one decides to shop elsewhere I hope is noted by management (but doubt the frustration expressed here is much of a game changer). Return costs have affected my purchasing, and I understand/ accept the risk and cost. Sticking with the brands that have proved successful for me and checking measurements and reviews are also my strategies to reduce returns. I hope the OP finds other shopping sites that suit her needs. There are many topics here that have nothing to do with QVC so continuing to post here if one enjoys posting about pets or recipes or other non QVC issues seems reasonable. 

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Pssst!

Newsflash!

I hate to be the one to break it to you, but Amazon also sells stuff that's made in China.

But do carry on with your temper tantrum.

@Anonymous032819    Re: Amazon selling stuff made in China.  Not only that, you often buy from Chinese merchants, and there's lots of it!

All retailers must buy from wherever the merchandise is and that's often only in China.  Anyone who thinks otherwise is just naive.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Contributor

[ Edited ]

Of course AMAZON sells China stuff but QVC is deceptive about it. They only say imported not where it was made. To some of us it is important we dont buy made in China products so why doesnt QVC be honest and forthcoming in product information? If I am going to buy made in China it will be the last resort and it wont be a QVC product that is way more expensive due to attaching a designer name on it.

Honored Contributor

That's great news! Stick to your guns and stop watching so you won't be tempted again. 

Respected Contributor

Theft?????

Our postal system is struggling, and the workers at Amazon are overworked and underpaid.

Shipping fees ALWAYS include service and handling and insurance!

Try not to buy too much if you are constantly returning.  I have rarely ever received a customer return in a new order.

I shop from QVC because I like the unique brands.  Because we live in a global economy, it does not really matter where something is made--companies always look for the most economical labor.  Fifty years ago it was Japan, then Hong King, now China, next Indonesia.  

Esteemed Contributor

@cottagegirl8 wrote:

Of course AMAZON sells China stuff but QVC is deceptive about it. They only say imported not where it was made. To some of us it is important we dont buy made in China products so why doesnt QVC be honest and forthcoming in product information? If I am going to buy made in China it will be the last resort and it wont be a QVC product that is way more expensive due to attaching a designer name on it.

The same item can be made in  several different countries.

For example, one shirt can be made in several different countries, or the pattern is cut in one country, sewn in another, buttons/zippers/decorations, etc is added in a different country.

Therefore, it's easier to say "Imported".

The Sky looks different when you have someone you love up there.
Valued Contributor

I understand your frustration, but the return policy and fees are clearly stated. No need to NEVER shop the Q again. What I do is buy from the Lunchtime specials or Primetime Specials, which are usually great prices, so if I do have to return something, I don't feel quite as bad since I'm usually only paying half (sometimes less!) of what the item would normally sell for. Plus, if you have several returns and mail them all back together, they only charge one $6.95 fee. Cool off and then come on back!

Honored Contributor

@cottagegirl8 wrote:

I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and it doesn't always say where it was made.  Very often the description just says "Imported".

Honored Contributor

@Venezia wrote:

@cottagegirl8 wrote:

I buy a lot of stuff from Amazon and it doesn't always say where it was made.  Very often the description just says "Imported".

@Venezia @cottagegirl8   I see Imported all the time and it's from many different places since I haven't purchased clothes from QVC in quite awhile.

Esteemed Contributor

I like these forums.  I don't like the high prices on the Q.  I don't like the high shipping costs and the price of return. So I usually just wait for Clearance  or AS IS.  Those prices are going up as well.