Super Contributor

I'm about to stop shopping here ...

A recent order never arrived and was refunded. Then, get an email that it was returned ... who returned it is a mystery.

This morning I'm checking order status and find one item has been received at the USPS in Salinas CA. I live in New York.

I've emailed for explanation.

For years - never had a problem. One mistake I can understand. Two mistakes ... I'm taking my business elsewhere.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: I'm about to stop shopping here ...

Thankfully there are lots of other places to shop if not happy with Q. I don't think they'll change their ways as long as people continue to shop and spend. I had a similar experience to your #2 example with Barnes and Noble, so I stopped shopping at their website. That package took weeks to get here because they sent it to shipping centers all over the country instead of a direct route. I doubt they miss me, and I don't miss them either.
Honored Contributor

That is how they show that something was refunded. It shows as a return.

Honestly, that is the entire explanation. When you have to process transactions there is a way that each thing is processed. So, when they give your money back it is shown as the item being returned.

Super Contributor

On 4/3/2015 chickenbutt said:

That is how they show that something was refunded. It shows as a return.

Honestly, that is the entire explanation. When you have to process transactions there is a way that each thing is processed. So, when they give your money back it is shown as the item being returned.

Money was refunded weeks ago. The email this morning has $0.00 shown, so it isn't a duplicate refund ... it says

Refund Issued on: 04/02/15

We're pleased to let you know we've received your returned merchandise and your refund has been processed. The details are noted below for your records.

On March 19th ... they emailed me and said:

On 03/19/15, we processed your refund on the merchandise listed below for the amount of $49.00.

ETA: I just realized that on 3/19 ... they deducted the shipping charge for an item I never received. The order total was $52.

I have three outstanding orders ... once I get those .... I'm gone!

Valued Contributor

They need to move toward the Amazon model of fulfillment and customer service. Instead, they're moving away from it. Something is different because shipping speed is much slower than ever. Could it be because of growth? More orders than they can handle? Whatever it is, they need to keep up or they will loose. Amazon gets it right every time. I always check to see if I can purchase a product through Amazon before I order from QVC. I know with Amazon I'll have it in two days with free shipping because I'm a Prime member. I wish QVC would consider some kind of 'preferred membership' i.e. Amazon Prime. There's a lot they could do with that.

Trusted Contributor

Amazon definitely does not get it right every time. A year ago my SO, who is a very patient guy, was grinding his teeth, with them! No company, dealing with the kind of volumn that Amazon and QVC do, are going to be error free. I recently ordered an inexpensive item from Amazon, paid for 2 day shipping, kind of silly, but it was needed. The item didn't arrive, Amazon said it was lost, so, they refunded me, and sent a replacement(that is they refunded my shipping). Then sure enough, the original showed up. It was inexpensive, so they said keep it. I was very pleased with how they handled the situation, and that's more important to me, than expecting a company to be perfect.
Honored Contributor

Once it leaves the q, it's up to the carrier to get it where it's going. Sound like USPS goofed up. As long as I'm not out any money, I can get by with an occasional goof. I haven't had a delivery problem with items from the q.
Honored Contributor

It seems like OP thinks all items are shipped from the Q location. They have warehouses all over and many products come from the vendor's warehouses and that is probably the case with the item rec'd at USPS in CA. Once a package leaves the warehouse, QVC can't be the problem if it goes somewhere else. They don't have accurate tracking at times though and several times I have received an item that still shows processing. They do need to work that out with the carrier.

Amazon has made many shipping errors for me and once even sent an order to an address (that I deleted 2 years prior) that I had a present shipped to years ago. I have also received the wrong items or wrong sizes many, many times. They do, however immediately make it right but QVC has also had great CS the few times there was a problem.

Honored Contributor

Be happy you got your refund.

Respected Contributor

On 4/3/2015 Beauty Maven said:

They need to move toward the Amazon model of fulfillment and customer service. Instead, they're moving away from it. Something is different because shipping speed is much slower than ever. Could it be because of growth? More orders than they can handle? Whatever it is, they need to keep up or they will loose. Amazon gets it right every time. I always check to see if I can purchase a product through Amazon before I order from QVC. I know with Amazon I'll have it in two days with free shipping because I'm a Prime member. I wish QVC would consider some kind of 'preferred membership' i.e. Amazon Prime. There's a lot they could do with that.

LOL, have you ever read on their boards? They complain more than here. Drop shipping from both places. I won't order from them unless it says fulfilled by Amazon and preferrably prime. That way I know it will get shipped fast.

I bought the Lenox dishes and had them in 3 days of shipping here. That was a shock for a big item. It's the luck of the draw from both places IMO.

One of the biggest issues I have is the UPS guys not delivering when it says it says out for delivery. One time they posted receiver changed delivery date, I was pretty ticked off and called them and chewed everyone out as I was home waiting for it. It's usually a new driver unfamiliar with the area. Haven't had it happen again since I actually called.

~~
*Off The Deep End~A very short trip for some!*