Trusted Contributor

Re: I'll Be Glad When the Vendors Are Back in the Studio

one of the few I miss in the studio is Valerie Parr Hill. 

There are some I would rather never see again, but then when they come on I just turn the channel whether they are in the studio or on the phone.

The rest I think are fine via skype.  Honestly I am not minding this way of doing business at all.  I was growing weary of having to have a product rep for every single product and I still don't understand the reasoning behind it.  I think they could save a ton of money if they cut down on the product reps and just have the hosts do their due diligence, learn the product and sell it like they used too.

Life as we knew it is over.

My state opened up too soon (Florida) and we have record setting numbers a LOT and these are not the records we need to be setting.   Hats off to the states that are being cautious.

This is just my opinion.  

Esteemed Contributor

I don't miss the vendors at all, sorry, JMO.   I think the host should just study their products they are presenting and do the presentations alone.  Maybe they should just have two hosts on like they do with Pat and Jayne, for example and they alternate presenting.  I've said it before on here, it's not rocket science.  

Honored Contributor

@Marceil wrote:

We are giving freedoms away that people died for.

You sound like my nutty SIL.  You must frequent the same social media sites.

No one died so you can have the freedom to get sick and possibly infect others.  Your rights end where another's begin.

There are plenty of American service men and women who are wear masks,practice social distancing and generally are doing what they can to prevent the spread of a virus that has killed many Americans.  My son and is wife both have served their country and they are front line essential workers now.  They deserve to be safe as possible.

Valued Contributor

I think a few vendors, like Angel from Quacker, and Isaac, have done really well on Skype, but other vendors don't. Also, it's interesting to see which hosts slow down, pause and let the vendors talk, and which hosts haven't adjusted to the delay over Skype. 

Respected Contributor

I certainly understand the calls and Skype but when the sound is so garbled I turn it off. A few days ago IM was fading in and out so badly on a call in, I muted the sound and thought this does not encourage sales?

Valued Contributor

@Marceil wrote:

No, we are trying to avoid others dying.

Or havent you seen we have already lost 130,000 of our fellow citizens already?

Honored Contributor

@lianne wrote:

@Marceil wrote:

No, we are trying to avoid others dying.

Or havent you seen we have already lost 130,000 of our fellow citizens already?

@lianne, many people don't read or listen to the news. Or they filter what they read or listen to in order to avoid what they don't want to hear. That's the only explanation that makes any sense to me.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Marceil wrote:

-        ---  

My Grandmother, was a Rosie the riveter, at Boeing, in Seattle, during WWII.

She talked about the sacrifices people made, during the almost 4 years, of the war, in support, of the troops.  

Not to mention,  millions of people, lived day to day, not knowing, if much loved family and friends,would come home alive!

We've been dealing with Covid, for what, 3.5 months, or so?

Yes, it's been tough! Yes, we all wish it would just go away! 
Bit, if there are things we can do, to help hat happen, how is it not worth it? 

Respected Contributor

I don't care if I ever see another vendor.

Honored Contributor

I imagine most vendors have to fly to PA for presentations.