Honored Contributor

I'll Be Glad When the Vendors Are Back in the Studio

[ Edited ]

Getting so tired of that awkward length of time between the host asking a question and having the vendor answer.  Or when they talk over each other.  It's getting so exhausting to watch.

Respected Contributor

Re: I'll Be Glad When the Vendors Are Back in the Studio

@rms1954 I agree, it'd be nice to have vendors and more liveliness back in the studio...and more normalness back elsewhere too!

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Pennsylvania, where QVC is located, transitioned to the Green Phase on July 3, but the Governor placed restrictions on businesses.

Prefers they work at 50% capacity, suggesting employees still work at home, wearing masks is mandatory for everyone.

Couldn't find anything about vendors flying in from other states, though.  A few states have 14 day quarantines.

This Governor fined a family owned small restaurant $10,000 for opening too soon in a small town that only had 5 hospitalizations in previous months and 1 death 3 weeks ago.  The family said if they didn't, they'd have to close permanently.  They said they were following CDC guidelines. 

Pennsylvania only had 4 deaths today.  About half of all the deaths in this state have been in nursing homes.  

Respected Contributor

I think it is more that QVC cannot offer the guests the services that they are used to than it is about not being able to stay 6 feet apart in their very big studio. For example, hosts and models are doing their own hair and makeup now, so with the salon closed and the cafeteria closed, QVC wants to have fewer people to mind and clean up after. It is also noteworthy that QVC closed the studio tour and store a year ago due to security risks, denoting that they are playing it very safe right now. If something happened at QVC they would get unflattering press almost immediately- it is not the old days when they could keep things quiet.

Trusted Contributor

I agree - I wish the vendors were back, but I understand why they can't be.  It just brings more fun to the presentations and less awkwardness when speaking. 

Either way, I think they are all doing a great job.  Everyone has to do the best with what they have right now and I think QVC is doing that.

Frequent Contributor

We are giving freedoms away that people died for.

Honored Contributor

@Marceil wrote:

We are giving freedoms away that people died for.

No.  We are caring about our fellow human beings.  It's not all about you.

Honored Contributor

i understand the reasons, but i agree....the presentations were much more enjoyable with guests on set instead of via Skype, etc.  But I fear this is going to go on for much longer than we ever might have thought.

Occasional Contributor

Thank you! I too miss the vendors. The hosts are doing a great job doing hair, make-up, skeleton crew. The vendors presenting remotely, are also working in less than ideal circumstances. 

Esteemed Contributor

I don't miss the in studio vendors at all.  Less talking about nothing.