Honored Contributor

Re: I'll Be Glad When the Vendors Are Back in the Studio

@Carmie wrote:

@Marceil wrote:

We are giving freedoms away that people died for.

You sound like my nutty SIL.  You must frequent the same social media sites.

No one died so you can have the freedom to get sick and possibly infect others.  Your rights end where another's begin.

There are plenty of American service men and women who are wear masks,practice social distancing and generally are doing what they can to prevent the spread of a virus that has killed many Americans.  My son and is wife both have served their country and they are front line essential workers now.  They deserve to be safe as possible.

What freedoms are you talking about??? Its not about you or just one individual, good grief it is about preventing the spread of a virus.  I am shocked that so many people are not seeing the common sense in social distancing and wearing a mask.  When this all started I thought people would be willing to follow rules and regulations to stop it but instead people come up with "My Rights"  Think about other people.  I still can't believe people had rallys harrassing governors who made masks mandarory.  I am not understanding the anger about a mask.  People who complain about this maybe you should talk to some hospital personnel in your area and see what they go through.

Esteemed Contributor

I rarely watch but when I tuned in the other day I kind of liked the vendor staying home.  Seemed there was more control what was said and what was shown. Seems to be better descriptions and less chatter. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I have mixed feelings of vendors being in the studio vs. on Skype or phone.

In the studio things I do not miss:

Over the top and completely unnecessary kissing.

Certain vendor's relentless and uncomfortable forced dancing, and yelling "Owww!"

Constant fumbling with the clothes on the rack and with the outfits on the models.

Prolonged Pseudo-sermons and Influencer pep talks by some vendors in every single on-air appearance (I'm quite well-adjusted and do not come to QVC for a psychological emotional boost when all I want to do is buy a pair of jeans).

Skype things I will not miss:

The hosts STILL not getting the hang of the delay.  They go on & on with stories and humorous quips expecting the same interaction with the vendor as if they were there.  Please host, try not to fill every millisecond with your own stories and own voice.

When glitches occur and the audio and video does not match up .

If QVC could tweak those issues, I'd be fine either way.

Honored Contributor

@Marceil wrote:

What an ignorant comment.  YOU and those like you are the reason for the spike and deplorable statistics.  It's an embarrassment.

It's not a game.

Contributor

I agree, the live dialog between the host and vendor with the delay and talking over is getting exhausting to watch.

I like when the vendor pre-records a video demonstrating the product. If they would do more of those, it would be better.

Honored Contributor

@kam24  I really like the vendor videos as well.  They have proven to be very informational, and sometimes they are all the host needs to supplement their sales pitch.  

Super Contributor

Interesting point.    I think it has greatly decreased the hosts talking over the vendors and making you wonder why they even needed to come in that day.     When they do start to monopolize the conversation, they do stop themselves now and I am fine waiting a couple of secs to hear the vendors speak.    A big improvement from where the hosts run all over the vendors for me.  

Contributor

• Oh, please.
Valued Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

@lianne wrote:

@Marceil wrote:

No, we are trying to avoid others dying.

Or havent you seen we have already lost 130,000 of our fellow citizens already?

@lianne, many people don't read or listen to the news. Or they filter what they read or listen to in order to avoid what they don't want to hear. That's the only explanation that makes any sense to me.

I see you are listening to the MSM.... again..... numbers are and have been 'fudged'... deaths are now 90% decreased!.... don't judge others... 

Valued Contributor

@insomniac2 wrote:

I don't care if I ever see another vendor.

Yes, and they won't be hugging and fake kissing anymore... thank God!