Reply
QVC Customer Care
Posts: 2,843
Registered: ‎06-14-2015
Honored Contributor
Posts: 34,879
Registered: ‎06-11-2011

Re: I just have to say this.


@KatCat1 wrote:

@Kachina624    The only size charge that is accurate is the one under the description of the garment but sometimes it still does not work out when you receive it.  It can be the style of garment or the measurements are not accurate.  I never use QVC's size chart, I would be the returning queen.


@KatCat1  I agree. It also doesn't work when you order two of the same item in different colors and one fits right but the other doesn't. That happens way more often than it should.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,452
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: I just have to say this.

I agree with you, @Lisamartha !  I have a problem with Susan Graver tops.  I take either a large or an extra large.  I never know which size to order because I don't find there's any consistency.  I just ordered a beautiful top in an XL and tried to exchange it for a L.  But by the time the return reached QVC, the L was sold out.  I find often it's just a guessing game as far as which size to order.  Frustrating!  Woman Frustrated

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,500
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: I just have to say this.

Ahhh @Kachina624 -- here we go again.  You have been very lucky ordering QVC clothing using their size charts.  Good for you.   Some of us have not been that lucky and find the measurement charts to be totally off.  I no longer order QVC clothing because of sizing issues and poor quality.  

* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Frequent Contributor
Posts: 116
Registered: ‎07-30-2012

Re: I just have to say this.

You are NOT the only one.  I agree.

Super Contributor
Posts: 419
Registered: ‎10-12-2014

Re: I just have to say this.

I always use the actual garment measurements when determining my size but they’re not always accurate. I’ve found Denim & Co to be the biggest culprit listing incorrect measurements. For example, I can get away with a 30” inseam if I wear flats. The last pair of pants I bought had a 29 1/4” inseam instead of 30” listed in garment measurements. Believe it or not, 3/4” makes a difference for me. I expect garment measurements to be what is listed and found they are not always accurate. That’s QVC’s fault, not the customer’s fault.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,361
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: I just have to say this.

[ Edited ]

@KatCat1 wrote:

@Kachina624    The only size charge that is accurate is the one under the description of the garment but sometimes it still does not work out when you receive it.  It can be the style of garment or the measurements are not accurate.  I never use QVC's size chart, I would be the returning queen.


@KatCat1

 

I agree KATCAT1.....sometimes the garment measurements are inaccurate or missing altogether.....that's why I buy less and less clothing from QVC....  I dont have this problem ordering online from Department Stores....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,361
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: I just have to say this.


@Starliteshine wrote:
I always use the actual garment measurements when determining my size but they’re not always accurate. I’ve found Denim & Co to be the biggest culprit listing incorrect measurements. For example, I can get away with a 30” inseam if I wear flats. The last pair of pants I bought had a 29 1/4” inseam instead of 30” listed in garment measurements. Believe it or not, 3/4” makes a difference for me. I expect garment measurements to be what is listed and found they are not always accurate. That’s QVC’s fault, not the customer’s fault.

@Starliteshine 

 

Same here, a tunic top was supposed to be 29" and it was actually 26"...made a huge difference in the outfit I was trying to put together....back it went....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Super Contributor
Posts: 419
Registered: ‎10-12-2014

Re: I just have to say this.

I also want to add why we might find sizing variations in mass produced clothing. When pieces are cut, it is not an individual cut for each piece. A stack of fabric is placed on the cutting machine table. The top layers are true to size but as the cutting machine reaches the bottom of the stack, sizing is off and usually a tad bigger. The bigger the stack, the greater the sizing variance. That is why you can try on 3 pair of jeans at the store, all the same style and you’ll most likely find one slightly longer or a bigger waist. Just depends on where that particular piece of fabric was stacked in the cutting process. QVC’s garment measurements are based on designer specifications but does not factor in sizing variance caused by mass production. We can do our due diligence and use garment measurements for guidance but they are rarely 100% accurate.
Honored Contributor
Posts: 27,361
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: I just have to say this.

[ Edited ]

@Starliteshine wrote:
I also want to add why we might find sizing variations in mass produced clothing. When pieces are cut, it is not an individual cut for each piece. A stack of fabric is placed on the cutting machine table. The top layers are true to size but as the cutting machine reaches the bottom of the stack, sizing is off and usually a tad bigger. The bigger the stack, the greater the sizing variance. That is why you can try on 3 pair of jeans at the store, all the same style and you’ll most likely find one slightly longer or a bigger waist. Just depends on where that particular piece of fabric was stacked in the cutting process. QVC’s garment measurements are based on designer specifications but does not factor in sizing variance caused by mass production. We can do our due diligence and use garment measurements for guidance but they are rarely 100% accurate.

@Starliteshine 

 

But the problem is, in the stores I shop in I dont have this problem....I grab clothes my size off the rack or order my size online and they fit..... It goes back to Q's quality...and with the prices they charge, they need to do a better job in quality control

 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”