Highlighted
Regular Contributor

Re: I just have to say this.

Lisamartha......Wow, it is hard to believe that any business would deliberately try to alienate their  customers like that  Unbelieveable and stupid.  Can safely say If I receive  a letter like that I'll be finished with QVC.

Honored Contributor

@_O_ wrote:

I think this relates to your post, and find it no coincidence that it seems it's the same vendors/designers over and over selling pretty much the same items/style.  Not much diversity as it used to be, as in fresh faces, fresh styles, more quality pieces to choose from. Anybody, Cuddle Duds to name a few, you can buy an outfit for under $30.00, $40.00 but in my opinion, it's just cheap and Ive noticed a few "regular"designers are going in the same route. There's very few vendors that "perk" my interest anymore, one of them being GILI which is a bit more cutting edge, I used to enjoy Isaac but its rare. I have purchased a few swimsuits from Denim and Co a brand that I dont normally care for, the suits were stylish, great fit, and great quality.  Just my opinion but quality is not there, and its more about appealing to the masses in large "oh, joggers are in lets all do our rendition of cheap joggers"...to death.

@_O_ 

WELL SAID! All their clothing designers pretty much all have the same clothing styles/designs...and I am so sick and tired of the "diaper hemline" (also known as high/low) ....that seems to be their go to... Perhaps what many have outlined here in this thread are the reasons their sales for apparels have been down for a couple of years now (way before the pandemic)....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

There must be massive returns for the Q to send letters on returns. This goes to prove quality control, quality of merchandise are no longer there or there wouldn't be enough returns to send letters. 

Sending letters for no returns should be a big red flag to them, which they will blame on customer instead of correcting.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@RespectLife 

What you say is true but a company that is sending out  tons of letters to customers about returns or if the return ratio is high that's a red flag something is wrong with the manufacturing process somewhere down the line. QVC needs to talk to some of these vendors and the reviews highlight there's a problem too.  And if apparel is losing money on apparel that's another sign something is wrong 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@STYLE 

Trying to rein in excessive returns from 'serial' returners is NOT new and not limited to QVC.

It is not to alienate their valued good customers.  It is to notify those returning high percentages of purchases...HIGH.

I worked at JCP catalog back in its 'hey day' and serial returners were sent a letter back in the early 80's about high amounts of returns.  Many ppl were using the items for months then returning them.

I am sure abusers do the same thing with QVC.  Macy's also has followed this practice.

Those who return excessive amounts cost the company money which is passed on to the consumer.

NO ONE gets a letter for a few returns.  We are talking about ppl that return HIGH percentages of what they order.  You can blame it all you want on quality, sizing etc reasons.  However, IF anyone is returning THAT much...they need to find a different place to shop as QVC is clearly not meeting their needs.

Respected Contributor

@febe1 wrote:

@GoneButNotForgotten wrote:

@febe1 wrote:

No matter what you check out, when you order from the Q these days, it's on a wing and a prayer for correctness!

You hit the nail on the head! I used to buy a lot from QVC and I don't mind that the prices have gone up a bit but I DO care that getting the right size is a ****** shoot.

That's a "turkey" shoot, right @GoneButNotForgotten ?

lol! right you are :-)

Respected Contributor

My pet peeve with buying tops at the Q? All the tops from almost every vendor here are fitted through the top so that the shoulders, arms and bust fit nicely but the they balloon out at the bottom. Fit and flare is the worst. My maternity wear days are long gone and we don't all balloon out at the bottom. Add to that all the uneven hems and you have a very unflattering silhouette. And while I am at it...open front cardigans are all a no no for me. As soon as you move the front is flying all over and you have to hold it closed with your arms. I know buttons an button holes add to the cost but come ON. Give me a few buttons. Phew. I feel better after getting that off my chest. But I have four tops that are on their way to the post office right now for the above reasons.
Super Contributor

The average length of long sleeved tops is much longer than my arms and I end up returning jackets and tops when the sleeves nearly cover my hands! I have to buy only tops with 3/4 length sleeves. Also, petite pants may not always be petite. My inseam is 28 inches and my most recent D&C purchase of petite pants had an inseam of 30 inches. I wasn't interested in wearing them with high heel shoes. I don't usually love a pair of pants so much that I'll shorten them myself.

Occasional Contributor

I am with you on this one.  I have not received a letter from them and I have returned 23 things in the last 4 months.  I am trying not to purchase as much, but I am a plus size person and there are not a lot of choices in the marketplace any longer for me to shop.  Even the brands that I purchase regularly from on the Q I have been returning, mostly because it just doesn't fit me right, or frankly, I just don't like the way it looks.  I wear a lot from Susan Graver and even her items have sizing issues.  I can purchase 2 items from a show in my normal size and they both fit entirely different.

I purchase a great deal of items from QVC across all departments, so if I were to receive a letter about my returns, I will switch my purchases to Amazon or elsewhere to someplace who appreciates my business.

Regular Contributor

Out if all the home shopping channels QVC is the priciest! I can't justify paying over 25 dollars for a blouse! Also watch those returns ladies, first the letter then they will ban you for life if you continue to return. It happened to a friend of mine on HSN. And sizing charts? I don't trust them. I'm sure it works for some.